Game-Labs Forum

Duel/Small Battles

Aster

We went on 2 "no repair" journeys - first battle was us in all store bought frigates. Some pirates came and chewed us up. we got some damage on the board for patrol rewards though.

2nd No repair journey went a little differently. We found the pirates who smashed us up, but their Christian player seemed to have left....

a few things to note
 @Velhelm Von Marrius decided to be a fireship and didn't put any cannons on his frigate - so fireship doesn't work ;)

GG guys o7. I definitely recommend more people do more store bought, no repair battles :).

BORKvsPirates_2.12.19.png

• Like 2

Just now, Teutonic said:

We went on 2 "no repair" journeys - first battle was us in all store bought frigates. Some pirates came and chewed us up. we got some damage on the board for patrol rewards though.

2nd No repair journey went a little differently. We found the pirates who smashed us up, but their Christian player seemed to have left....

a few things to note
 @Velhelm Von Marrius decided to be a fireship and didn't put any cannons on his frigate - so fireship doesn't work ;)

BORKvsPirates_2.12.19.png

I never been more disappointed in my forgetfulness yet still overjoyed that I capped the Hermione and actually did something apart from soaking up shots. 

On 2/9/2019 at 8:56 PM, Coraline Vodka said:

Enjoy it while you can until the new damage model comes out ;)

for months ago the little ones where bullied by the big ships of some players

Then ...The Nations adept...

and now the development had to change it....again...for the sake of the big bullies

you will never succeed...we will adept.

Edited by Thonys

• 2 weeks later...

In light of the recent stupidity from devs I thought I'd share a battle I had last night. Great fun and a full nights entertainment if I count all the battles I had last night. Shame developers holds players in such low regard but I for one will send a shout out to the players in the battles I had last night - I had fun and it was all thanks to you!

I'm undecided wether or not I'll keep playing untill or even after release, I do not believe this game will survive for long so what's the point? Well one point could be battles like these.

Regards Lars Kjaer

https://imgur.com/a/l3RgmAw

I was just doing my pve-business like a good Brit when I got visited by a Russian Requin.

He tries to take my sides down, I pull him into boarding but he just speeds away (lolwut).

I finally demast him (Kiritimati Masts) and that's the end for him. He had repairs in hold, but didn't use them for some reason.

req.jpg

"Frigates can no longer kill SoLs with new damage model...."20190304224917_1.thumb.jpg.dd83c89bab73c651c46efdfd1d82a7f7.jpg

...or so they said....:ph34r:

LMM came to die, and so he did (no reps, no upgrades and he told us as much).
After they stopped panicking (at least from what I can glean of their playstyle, reactions and aim) the other two made us work hard for that victory. We had 2 minutes to go and noone had hull repairs left...
Carlos basically suicided while being on a phone call 🤣
Flat side to side on Bellona once = ouch. Twice = RIP
Indefs were light builds with carronades.

8 hours ago, Tom Farseer said:

"Frigates can no longer kill SoLs with new damage model...."20190304224917_1.thumb.jpg.dd83c89bab73c651c46efdfd1d82a7f7.jpg

...or so they said....:ph34r:

LMM came to die, and so he did (no reps, no upgrades and he told us as much).
After they stopped panicking (at least from what I can glean of their playstyle, reactions and aim) the other two made us work hard for that victory. We had 2 minutes to go and noone had hull repairs left...
Carlos basically suicided while being on a phone call 🤣
Flat side to side on Bellona once = ouch. Twice = RIP
Indefs were light builds with carronades.

Try that again after carronades were nerved :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

No love for this topic lately.

Recently came back to the game. When I found out my favourite ship the Surprise is now a shallow water ship I couldnt wait to give it a go in the patrol zone

6497F29EE1B0BD9E19D56D2763B03969C050D2F9

06AB664324F51539CC89D9559BAF9189BC52CBF6

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, --Privateer-- said:

These are two separate 3v1s

You fought really good. I played shitty in the first fight and I acted to arrogant. What really made me crazy was the second fight because I had a very good ship with excellent mods... You just played better than me in those fights and I give you a „gg“ and a „wp“ for it! I am looking forward to our next fight. I learned a lot. It is always fun to play against a good player.

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Had a few nice little battles the past couple nights. Nothing spectacular, but fun nonetheless. Christendom and I were bored, thought we'd take a couple fir Rattvisan's through the PvP zone and down to KPR to see if we could lose them. The zone was empty, but KPR was not:

FA05C4D6919BF028A4DAF46999BB23905FF5D78C

Then tonight we took a couple more light 4th rates back to KPR:

BD2F5D356C1481DAF39603CAAEC1B4172A76ECAB

More action; we joined up with BGrey to stand a chance against their tougher fourth rates. They were stronger builds than us and posed quite a challenge to fight since our ships could lose literally half a side in one broadside. Very very punishing of mistakes when you sail lighter builds these days. Unfortunately BGrey got focused and sunk before we could block sufficiently for him.

A12CEF9956A083759F3D09458CE735D916A7529E

Anyways, thanks to the Brits for coming out and fighting us. PaladinFX and Atreides especially were polite and friendly o7 captains.

• Like 2