Game-Labs Forum

29 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

While paroling Guatemala, I stumbled upon this lone USS Constitution. the Requins 2pd cannons changed the battle, destroying crew and cannons. After 45 minutes into the engagement started to focus hull, nimbly darting in for a shot before the constitution could bring its guns to bare.  edging over an hour into battle, the Constitution had run out of repairs and was doomed to davey jone's locker.

(ps requin OP please make it a 5th rate again)

4BFADD666A449D287456A91EA7DCEFED6D8DCBE6

I think it was good experience for him and hopefully he was able to learn something from this. Yes U.S. is down there. Calling it hiding is a bit silly though I think since our flag is right on the damn map saying "US HERE." The build he was in was definitely not meant for solo battles and definitely not against ships faster and more nimble than itself unless with support. Hopefully he understands this. I haven't heard from him since I finally decided to sit my ass down and watch Equalizer. It was okay. Felt a bit rushed at points and a few other parts that were unneeded. Anyways. Will talk to him tomorrow and see what he has learned.

I do agree that the requin is quite powerful. It is very hard to hit since it is the most elusive ship to get a great broadside upon, especially in an experienced players hands such as yourself. Even if you do get a broadside to broadside shot on a requin you have to hope that you can even hit its very low profile without majority of your shots going into the water. It is a ship who speed, quick turning, and low profile make it such a difficult ship to face. This is not even taking into consideration the common boarding build it has which can take on any fifth and most 4th rates with little effort. 

Also no need to kick a player who has been only playing for around a month down. The guy fought you and loss. He is bummed enough about that. No need to try to attempt draw a verbal fight with the man and troll. Leave that to the forums. I do appreciate though you did not call him any names. With that you have my gratitude. Happy Hunting.

Edited by Davos Seaworth
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

That chat log does not show the parts where he was telling me I couldn't turn him to board (which was true he did well) and the other were I should give up and he would Outlast me. It was all in good fun hopefully no hard feelings. o7

Thank you for your honesty. Yes I was not able to visually see the full conversation and asked him personally if you were verbally mocking or insulting him like I have witnessed some veterans do mainly because when I started to talk to him about it he seemed down trotted. He stated it felt you were attempting to start a verbal argument with him. Granted he was already flustered and without hearing a persons tone context can be misinterpruted. I will talk to him this evening about it. Thank you again.

12 hours ago, Davos Seaworth said:

I think it was good experience for him and hopefully he was able to learn something from this.

what for example? What can he possibly do to a requin in a connie?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

what for example? What can he possibly do to a requin in a connie?

Well sink it for starters lol. Nothing to do in particular concerning a requin as an opponent but more dealing with the limitations of the build he was using and other factors some not concerning the battle to be exact either. 

1 hour ago, Davos Seaworth said:

Well sink it for starters lol. Nothing to do in particular concerning a requin as an opponent but more dealing with the limitations of the build he was using and other factors some not concerning the battle to be exact either. 

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. 

He cannot sink it. Requin can hide under his guns.

He cannot board it because a requin can avoid that even if a monkey is sailing her. Even if he pulls requin has 300vs450 crew and that is not even easy. By the time he has the chance his crew is probably less than 450 and more like 300 aswell. GG

He cannot dismast it unless he is on an elites level of dismasting and even then it is extremely hard to do because it can stay on his ass non stop. Maybe even impossible

He cannot chain it because by the time he gets his guns to bear requin will drop, raise and drop sails again and maybe even do a 360 too. Even if he gets 50% of sail the requin will turn better and sail better close hauled.

I consider myself a decent player. A complete noob sank one of my ships just buy hugging me and because DD I couldn't pull. My hands were tied because he is faster no matter what angle, my guns missed 60% of the shots because they overshot even though he was leeward. I could not fight him at long range for 2 reasons. Chains are broken and the fact the ship can intercept me at a speed of 15.5 knots. 3 full knots faster. In 2 min he is on my ass.

Another time it was me vs 3 noobs in requins. I battled them untill they completely ran out of chain. You know what happend then??? He pushed my 14knot ship so I couldn't turn and fight the other 2.  

For this reason all my ships with mods are in port and until its fixed I sail teak teak basic mod suprises. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

Captain Obvious Statement.

Obviously your head is still stuck on the requin even though I was joking about him sinking it and I did mention that it had nothing in particular to concern the requin. 

Edited by Davos Seaworth

Tough little fight outside LT against a Herc.

He was Teak White Very Sturdy, full carros.

I was Teak Teak 3/5 with mediums & carros.

Multiple repairs used on both sides, I took of his bowsprit two times, we were both down to 1/3 of structure, with my second boarding attempt I finally got him.

Think the battle lasted about 45 - 50 minutes

Client_2018-08-13_15-33-24-229.jpg

• Like 2

5bbdfc52c429f3ea5cf664e86017cb41.png

Fun little scrap outside of the Mimbres PB

Moderately noteworthy, only in the fact that with the change in wind profiles it's no longer as easy to chase and sink downwind ships in the trollquin.  Luckily my partner was in a fir/fir and while she melted under carro fire, was able to keep them chained while I boarded both of them.  We were not able to keep up with the last one unfortunately.  I've found the recent changes make the requin a little less of a threat and getting a good tag is now necessary.  

Fun Hercules hunting around KPR. Explosions, broadsides and boarding at will. Small ships, great fun!

Oak-Oak festival at La Mona!

Britain took the first skirmish with score 4:2

Looking forward for next episodes!

qwer.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NethrosDefectus said:

Very enjoyable battle where the only thing that was important was the fight. Thanks again

Maybe i can pin this on forums so all community can see the spirit...😃 Look like funny battle you had there...

• Like 1

A nice unplanned duel with Malkiro (best watch on double speed):

Edited by vazco

On 8/29/2018 at 7:08 PM, Batman said:

@HachiRoku wanted me to take a picture of his failure

Client_2018-08-29_18-49-54-254.jpg

Who is Bill? Never heard of him. I hope you keept the ship. I will want to test it properly against my main accounts one when patch comes so don't tow

20 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Maybe i can pin this on forums so all community can see the spirit...😃 Look like funny battle you had there...

It really was, I think what made the difference was that everyone there wanted to fight AND no one was worried about how they were going to replace their favourite ship or the expensive upgrades because there weren't any. Oak/oak ships with no perm upgrades is definitely the way to go for these type of battles.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I will want to test it properly against my main accounts one when patch comes so don't tow

No fleet perk.

4 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

It really was, I think what made the difference was that everyone there wanted to fight AND no one was worried about how they were going to replace their favourite ship or the expensive upgrades because there weren't any. Oak/oak ships with no perm upgrades is definitely the way to go for these type of battles.

Thats also why I think duel tourneys (or other dev created tourneys), if they ever happen, should be in same ships same woods no mods.

No excuses, no worrying, no crying

Just battling it out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liq said:

Thats also why I think duel tourneys (or other dev created tourneys), if they ever happen, should be in same ships same woods no mods.

Just battling it out.

Better yet, it can be a variety of mods and woods, but same for everyone. One time it can be a lo/wo indef with elite french, another time eg a fir/fir surprise with copper plating. 

You pay for entry, but don't have to craft the ship. 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, vazco said:

Better yet, it can be a variety of mods and woods, but same for everyone. One time it can be a lo/wo indef with elite french, another time eg a fir/fir surprise with copper plating. 

You pay for entry, but don't have to craft the ship. 

That makes no sense to do what so ever, it is much simpler for all ships in tourneys to be oak/oak with no perm upgrades. That way there is no silly bouncing or repairing almost 50% of your ship, just a straight up brawl, which is what those battles should be

22 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Which patch?

Diana is already fixed by todays hotfix.

I know :)

21 hours ago, Batman said:

No fleet perk.

Omg man. Another ship wasted because of being to lazy to go to port

17 hours ago, Liq said:

Just battling it out.

I love the idea of no mods but I dont know whats worst man. Meta mods or demasting meta? I don't think I will take part with no mods. If anyone wants to try dueling me with no mods they can try and see how fast masts are gone. Suprises carros no mods 1 broadside. Trincos carros and longs 1 or 2 3 max. You really want to play without mods? 

• Like 1