Game-Labs Forum

Duel/Small Battles

Aster

38 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

what for example? What can he possibly do to a requin in a connie?

Well sink it for starters lol. Nothing to do in particular concerning a requin as an opponent but more dealing with the limitations of the build he was using and other factors some not concerning the battle to be exact either. 

1 hour ago, Davos Seaworth said:

Well sink it for starters lol. Nothing to do in particular concerning a requin as an opponent but more dealing with the limitations of the build he was using and other factors some not concerning the battle to be exact either. 

I have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. 

He cannot sink it. Requin can hide under his guns.

He cannot board it because a requin can avoid that even if a monkey is sailing her. Even if he pulls requin has 300vs450 crew and that is not even easy. By the time he has the chance his crew is probably less than 450 and more like 300 aswell. GG

He cannot dismast it unless he is on an elites level of dismasting and even then it is extremely hard to do because it can stay on his ass non stop. Maybe even impossible

He cannot chain it because by the time he gets his guns to bear requin will drop, raise and drop sails again and maybe even do a 360 too. Even if he gets 50% of sail the requin will turn better and sail better close hauled.

I consider myself a decent player. A complete noob sank one of my ships just buy hugging me and because DD I couldn't pull. My hands were tied because he is faster no matter what angle, my guns missed 60% of the shots because they overshot even though he was leeward. I could not fight him at long range for 2 reasons. Chains are broken and the fact the ship can intercept me at a speed of 15.5 knots. 3 full knots faster. In 2 min he is on my ass.

Another time it was me vs 3 noobs in requins. I battled them untill they completely ran out of chain. You know what happend then??? He pushed my 14knot ship so I couldn't turn and fight the other 2.  

For this reason all my ships with mods are in port and until its fixed I sail teak teak basic mod suprises. 

• Like 6

Tough little fight outside LT against a Herc.

He was Teak White Very Sturdy, full carros.

I was Teak Teak 3/5 with mediums & carros.

Multiple repairs used on both sides, I took of his bowsprit two times, we were both down to 1/3 of structure, with my second boarding attempt I finally got him.

Think the battle lasted about 45 - 50 minutes

Client_2018-08-13_15-33-24-229.jpg

• Like 2

5bbdfc52c429f3ea5cf664e86017cb41.png

Fun little scrap outside of the Mimbres PB

Moderately noteworthy, only in the fact that with the change in wind profiles it's no longer as easy to chase and sink downwind ships in the trollquin.  Luckily my partner was in a fir/fir and while she melted under carro fire, was able to keep them chained while I boarded both of them.  We were not able to keep up with the last one unfortunately.  I've found the recent changes make the requin a little less of a threat and getting a good tag is now necessary.  

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Bart Smith said:

Maybe i can pin this on forums so all community can see the spirit...😃 Look like funny battle you had there...

It really was, I think what made the difference was that everyone there wanted to fight AND no one was worried about how they were going to replace their favourite ship or the expensive upgrades because there weren't any. Oak/oak ships with no perm upgrades is definitely the way to go for these type of battles.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

It really was, I think what made the difference was that everyone there wanted to fight AND no one was worried about how they were going to replace their favourite ship or the expensive upgrades because there weren't any. Oak/oak ships with no perm upgrades is definitely the way to go for these type of battles.

Thats also why I think duel tourneys (or other dev created tourneys), if they ever happen, should be in same ships same woods no mods.

No excuses, no worrying, no crying

Just battling it out.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Liq said:

Thats also why I think duel tourneys (or other dev created tourneys), if they ever happen, should be in same ships same woods no mods.

Just battling it out.

Better yet, it can be a variety of mods and woods, but same for everyone. One time it can be a lo/wo indef with elite french, another time eg a fir/fir surprise with copper plating. 

You pay for entry, but don't have to craft the ship. 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, vazco said:

Better yet, it can be a variety of mods and woods, but same for everyone. One time it can be a lo/wo indef with elite french, another time eg a fir/fir surprise with copper plating. 

You pay for entry, but don't have to craft the ship. 

That makes no sense to do what so ever, it is much simpler for all ships in tourneys to be oak/oak with no perm upgrades. That way there is no silly bouncing or repairing almost 50% of your ship, just a straight up brawl, which is what those battles should be

17 hours ago, Liq said:

Just battling it out.

I love the idea of no mods but I dont know whats worst man. Meta mods or demasting meta? I don't think I will take part with no mods. If anyone wants to try dueling me with no mods they can try and see how fast masts are gone. Suprises carros no mods 1 broadside. Trincos carros and longs 1 or 2 3 max. You really want to play without mods? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NethrosDefectus said:

That makes no sense to do what so ever, it is much simpler for all ships in tourneys to be oak/oak with no perm upgrades. That way there is no silly bouncing or repairing almost 50% of your ship, just a straight up brawl, which is what those battles should be

That's what those battles should be to you. If I participated in them, I would simply demast. No point aiming at hull at all. One salvo, maybe two, you're dead. 

To me those should be teak / teak ships with French rig, copper plating and a mod for turning, as it requires more finese and mistakes have large consequences. 

To someone else those should be lo/wo, as he prefers tank fights. 

Only variety can meet all goals and has an additional bonus - it makes tourneys more interesting by providing more varied content.

It also gives advantages to different play styles, not promoting just one (eg in case of oak/oak bare 5th rates mast sniping) 

Edited by vazco
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HachiRoku said:

I love the idea of no mods but I dont know whats worst man. Meta mods or demasting meta? I don't think I will take part with no mods. If anyone wants to try dueling me with no mods they can try and see how fast masts are gone. Suprises carros no mods 1 broadside. Trincos carros and longs 1 or 2 3 max. You really want to play without mods? 

Masts can be adjusted in general still

But please no playerowned ships / mods in tourneys.

Maybe have them in a "upgrade pool" free to choose from for everyone