Game-Labs Forum

Obvious game flaws that require attention

First i want to congratulate the devs for the new changes.  Most of them are nice and improve the quality of life in the game and this shows in the increase of player numbers.  Having said that, there are, imo, systemic flaws that needs to be addressed before the game can be recomended to others.

1. Reinforced zone or Safe zone, imo is neither, yeah some ship spawn when u are attacked, but anyone who has done this knows how easy it is to kill the target despite reinforcement. This creates a lot of grief. Has to be addressed!

2. Boarding game, again, imo, boarding game is a joke. U can no longer have this the way it is now. The game costs 35€ and a ship can, some time take up to tree days to craft and all gets lost on a text game that looks from the year 1974. I understand that is a placeholder its just no longer acceptable. Has to be addressed!

3. PvP patrol zone, this can be the perfect place to get pvp, quick. The thing is, what u get is a ganking experience.  If u are lucky, u get to gank someone or if u are unlucky, u get ganked, so question is: Do you feel lucky,  punk?

The fixes are multiple, most of them are easy plus the comunity asks for this to happen, yet, nothing. In the end it will happen like last time. The comunity asks for tweaks in the battle br and devs will completely remove the patrol blaming that players stoped comming to patrol mission. Has to be addressed!

Well this is what needs to be fixed fast, imo. If this tree things get fixed then this game becomes a glorious game that i will recomend to everybody i know.

But then, as it was pointed out, the game will still have a problem with his veterans which are tired of doing the same stuff. So a lot more ingame content is required both for pvp and pve players.

I wish to apologise in advance if i ofended anyone, it was not my intention, and allso english is not my first language, so be nice.😉

With regards,

Jack

Edited by RaimundoJoe
Some Wording

The biggest problems in this game are small issues that go unresolved for months until almost forgot about but still plague the game and then randomly pop up again months later as a "uhh hey guys remember this big problem we had a while ago that's still around?"

Look at the Wasa menace, 3 mission limits, Patrol zone ROE, and now DLC ships.

Most of these are relative quick fixes but they aren't nipped in the bud so they fester and turn the game slowly into unbearable crap.

Just now, Intrepido said:

The most obvious flaw is a conquest system that gives you nothing. Only taxes to pay and risk ships worth 3 millions (due to upgrades) for almost nothing. Because conquering a port is useless when all the server have enough alts to milk the ressources of the port you conquered.

A great effort for nothing.

A great effort for hardly a great battle. RVR has a even more obvious flaw, it's long past its novelty and hasn't improved substantially...ever.
Infact they got smaller, less inclusive. Backwards for a MMO.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

The most obvious flaw is a conquest system that gives you nothing. Only taxes to pay and risk ships worth 3 millions (due to upgrades) for almost nothing. Because conquering a port is useless when all the server have enough alts to milk the ressources of the port you conquered.

A great effort with no rewards, only "fun". But it is no funny to see how you have wasted your time.

One the thing that been killing us when we had several ports with timers is that the few ports that get profits than get taxed to death as they make more and more money.  It seems your tax rate is 50% if you make over a million (which pays for the port cost here) but stays at 50% the more you make so you really don't make a big profit enough to pay for other ports that don't make hardly any profit.  Than you get nothing in return.  

Oh and I have made over 2 dozens 6th rates in Marsh Harbor since this patch and I gotten nothing but None Perk Blue ships and Perked blue ships with one 5/5 Purple Niagara (no perks).  I know RNG just sucks for me, but you think the odds of getting better ships in a clan owned  prot would be higher than that.  That is pretty much a the same odds I have had in a safe zone port on the US coast line my main craft gotten.  Out of about two dozen Bellona's I only got one purple and it was a 5/5 no perks and it was an accident where I had the wrong woods picked so not what I wanted to mass produce for the clan lol.

What I would love to see is those tax's go into you being able to adjust your BR rating for the port so if you want to have a big BR cause you have a big clan you can boost it up to allow more ships into the PB or keep it low so your small clan which might be elite can defend it easier against bigger forces.  That and the trade clan restriction options we talked about.  Open to all (all contracts allowed), Open to nation (only your nation), open to friendly clans only.

• Like 1