Game-Labs Forum

La Requin nerf needed

8 hours ago, vazco said:

Yes, Herc turns very well. That's one of many reasons why it's op, but not the reason on its own. 

Xebec has issues with manual sailing when going sharp to the wind, at least when with elite pirate rig. That's it's main and only vulnerability in my opinion. 

My herc doesn't turn well :( what am I doing wrong ?

Can you describe the issues with the xebec pls?

Edited by z4ys

6 hours ago, z4ys said:

My herc doesn't turn well :( what am I doing wrong ?

Can you describe the issues with the xebec pls?

I never had issue with Herc  in battle. In video when o already went through the wind you turn your sail too late, as Herc had low inertia. Still it doesn't make such a big difference. 

Just turn rate is not everything. The fact that you can move your yards quickly and that you accelerate /decelerate quickly allows you to easily outmaneuver all 5+. 6+ would have hard time stern camping you if you have one turn mod loaded. 

If you want, we can duel sometime :)

On 7/18/2018 at 9:15 AM, vazco said:

Lol, none of those tips would work. It's xebec who decides on distance and angle, regardless if upwind or downwind. 

The best strategy is to use it's low maneuverability against it and demast it. As such Xebecs can be countered. Hercs almost can't. 

Only when it's demasted you can kill it, otherwise it will just escape or angle. 

The post was about surviving a Xebec not necessarily killing one and it was tips to help with that.

One of our guys dueled with a Xebec in a snow and sank it in 5 minutes.

And its worked for me. I fear no Xebec.

I have sunk one, drawn with one(he escaped) and to lost one.

You have to fight smart. that's all I was saying, they are not your typical ship. 

Herc on the other hand.... OP  - IMHO.

• 3 weeks later...

Worst thing about the Le Req and Hercules is making an endless free supply of them once the DLC is purchased. There is just no risk at all for the player using them. So raiding in protected zones becomes a win win with no possibilty of adverse consequences for the raider. This totally changes the dynamics of the game, and coupled with the recent almost total nerfing of reinforcements means the balance has swung way too far in favour of capital-campers and gankers. 

I still wonder why many captains rather risk the 10 minutes battle entry against the 3 minutes outside the zone. I mean, being in the zone is a huge gamble of "maybe nation will help".

The Xebec is a hit and run raider, historically and in game. Go in, hit hard and fast, get out regardless, either victorious or escape superior force. But is limited to the entry timer... so 10 minutes versus 3 minutes. I know what I would choose.

Risk management is a part of the game.

13 hours ago, Arngill said:

Worst thing about the Le Req and Hercules is making an endless free supply of them once the DLC is purchased. There is just no risk at all for the player using them. So raiding in protected zones becomes a win win with no possibilty of adverse consequences for the raider. This totally changes the dynamics of the game, and coupled with the recent almost total nerfing of reinforcements means the balance has swung way too far in favour of capital-campers and gankers. 

Sigh. Rubs head. This has been said many times.

Risk is mods, crew, repairs.

With crafted ship. Some gold as well. It's not a big deal really.

20 hours ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

I still wonder why many captains rather risk the 10 minutes battle entry against the 3 minutes outside the zone. I mean, being in the zone is a huge gamble of "maybe nation will help".

The Xebec is a hit and run raider, historically and in game. Go in, hit hard and fast, get out regardless, either victorious or escape superior force. But is limited to the entry timer... so 10 minutes versus 3 minutes. I know what I would choose.

Risk management is a part of the game.

The reason that they risk the 10 minute battle entry rather than the 3 minutes outside the zone is simple. In the zone your side get unlimited positional entry to reinforce you as compared to limited entry point for limited time. If your reinforcements are not with you they have little chance of reacting and joining the battle outside the zone and if they do manage to join they are probably far away.

If you are fighting AI in some quiet corner of the map then the 3 minute risk is fine because you are hoping there is no one around, but close to green zones for the heavily camped nations the chance of getting caught is higher. Personally I do my AI farming well away from the green zone, but many do not like to stray far from this zone.