Game-Labs Forum

La Requin nerf needed

Actual stats for Le Requin

French 24 gun 6th rate

24 x 8 pdr cannon (9 pdr in game)

Crew 245

Suggestions to "balance" the ship

1. Fix how it reacts with the pirate refit mod.

2. Reduce or eliminate carronades (or 24 pdr max) and poods (eliminate).

3. Fix sailing profile if needed based on #1 (xebec should not outrun 5th rates downwind)

4. Reduce side HP - these were lightly built ships.

Then no need to exclude from PB. Still have a powerful 6th rate fast upwind and must be sailed full manual for best effect.  But @admin has already said they are working on a fix anyway.

1 hour ago, Intrepido said:

Still the perfect rageboarder, the best ship of the game sailing upwind by a large margin.

I have noticed their sail hit boxes are a bit weird. Many times I saw how my cannon balls went through them and no damage.

All spanker sails have that bug. Even on all square rigger the spankers are bugged. It's only possible to dmg them  by shooting close to the mast.

On 6/27/2018 at 6:45 AM, Flinch said:

Since the Le Requin is 100% jib sails you can use an elite pirate rig refit to buff it to 15.5 knots at almost any angle except downwind.

Its an insane boarding ship. With carros it has the best firepower of any 6th rate.

I love this ship. I hate that its p2w. A dlc ship should not be the absolute best of its rate.

this thing can take out even 3rd rates and higher nothing can compete with its turning speed or melee potential, and the owner of the ship doesnt cost nothing to replace, its too overpowered and unrealistic, if this game is going for authenticity this ship does not match that.

On 6/27/2018 at 11:42 AM, Lovec1990 said:

Lol this topic should be closed becouse some here are juat crying

Pirate rig is very effective becouse ship only has jibs.

They can nerf it but also return money too all who bought it

they should just remove it from the game till they can properly fix it 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 2:48 PM, Fletch67 said:

I would say be happy people are pumping money into the game and enjoying themselves.

The only nerf I would make is to make it redeemable once a week rather than every 24 hours.

whats the point in pumping money into the game if it becomes a pay to win game, or if it pushes those that cant afford a constantly redeemable OP ship from ever coming back to naval action, where will that money take a game with a really low player base

On 6/28/2018 at 12:19 AM, Farrago said:

I really wish the Requin’s and Herc’s roles could have been balanced before they were made available as DLC. It will be hard for them to be nerfed now which leaves the choice of Pay to Win or strengthening some 6th rates to the point where they are an unnatural threat to the 5ths. And the power creep would have to keep flowing on down.

strengthen 6th rates it takes more then 5 ships of the same class to even have a chance of taking out a raquin no other ship in the game can go in a headwind and keep above 12knts, sadly this ship no matter how beautiful is way too broken

lets also point out the historical inaccuracy's of the raquin she does not have bow or stern chasers,

stern of raquin dEL4A4568.jpg
bow of raquin
dEL4A4556.jpg
if these ships are supposed to be historically accurate why does the raquin ingame have bow and stern chasers also he sailing profile defies the laws of physics. this ship is so broken that its basically a god ship who is practically unsinkable unless ur using the same ship.

this ship historically had 220 crew not 372 that it can have ingame, the raquin is also a mediterranean ship not ever seen in the caribbean used by the french.  

Edited by Ruby Rose

I do not wanna say this, but I will,

It is the most unbelievalbe thing, the developers just released this Hercules/Requin ships as DLC and sold them before proper balance.

They should give us all the DLC for free for a duration of 1-2 months. After the balance, all will be ereased, but giving us 1 hercules and 1 requin note.

6th rate game is totally fucked up now, open world hunting is totally fucked up, why would you do THAT ?

Give us flags, paints, other stuff, so you can still milk us, but why would you do this ??? Unethical way of business, I do not think devs are ignorant, I feel like they did this on purpose. Let's put some OP ships into game, lets milk them more, after we have enough milk , we can nerf the ships later.

I bought 2 DLC just to support the game, which I really did not need to. But this DLC ships just put a distance between me and my only game.

Note: I would prefer "ship notes as a batch" instead of unlimited ship source. Example Le Requin DLC includes 10-15 ship notes.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

On 7/1/2018 at 10:43 PM, Intrepido said:

Stop defending DLCs that breaks the game balance. 

It is plain stupid.

Stop telling people they are stupid instead of replying to their arguments with your arguments. 

Edited by victor

12 minutes ago, victor said:

Stop telling people they are stupid instead of replying to their arguments with your arguments. 

these DLC's specifically the herc and raquin broke the game, the raquin alone is so OP its not even worth using any other ship up to tier 1 since nothing can keep up with it it gets no negative debuffs in any wind angle, goes 15.5knts and has bow and stern which isnt historically accurate. not to mention this ship isnt big enough to sport a 372 crew

Edited by Ruby Rose
  • Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 11:19 PM, Farrago said:

I really wish the Requin’s and Herc’s roles could have been balanced before they were made available as DLC. It will be hard for them to be nerfed now which leaves the choice of Pay to Win or strengthening some 6th rates to the point where they are an unnatural threat to the 5ths. And the power creep would have to keep flowing on down.

They have a bad habit of doing this and I like to see the changes too. I honestly think they should keep them both 5th rate shallow ships. This limits them on the 4-5th rate mods and ship knowledge while shallow ships get the stronger 6-7th rate mods/ship knowledge.  This will also keep them out of the PB's in the shallows but allow them into the deep water PB's to take place of some ships roles (like the Requim can fill in for Prince in deep water battles they are used for circle  control/mortar brig killing).  I would also make them both 100 BR.

On 6/28/2018 at 3:21 AM, Intrepido said:

I really dont know how devs are going to balance le requin and the rattle/niagara/mercury/prince with such crew difference.

Ranks would be affected as well if they rise the max crew on niagara/mercury/rattle/prince.

They might just do something like that but I would prefer the ships not get more crew, they should keep what is close to what they had in the REAL WORLD.  The above balance of making both ships 5th rates and not able to get into shallow PB's and have a higher BR so they take up room for ROE battles would work.  Thought that would mean they need to fix the Patrol Zones BR's for ROE too.

3 hours ago, Ruby Rose said:

these DLC's specifically the herc and raquin broke the game, the raquin alone is so OP its not even worth using any other ship up to tier 1 since nothing can keep up with it it gets no negative debuffs in any wind angle, goes 15.5knts and has bow and stern which isnt historically accurate. not to mention this ship isnt big enough to sport a 372 crew

3 deckers has her listed with the same guns as we have in game (24 french 8-Pounders) and with 245 crew (240 men and 5 officers).  Swivels are never mention on the list cause they can be put any where so I don't see where your getting the guns are accurate/historical.  The problem is with mods in game shallow ships can get super crew stack.  To fix this just make it a 5th rate again so it has to use 5th rate mods and Ship knowledge rules that don't allow you to stack so much.

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

3 deckers has her listed with the same guns as we have in game (24 french 8-Pounders) and with 245 crew (240 men and 5 officers).  Swivels are never mention on the list cause they can be put any where so I don't see where your getting the guns are accurate/historical.  The problem is with mods in game shallow ships can get super crew stack.  To fix this just make it a 5th rate again so it has to use 5th rate mods and Ship knowledge rules that don't allow you to stack so much.

historically the raquin has 220 crew no bow or stern chasers, swivels we not placed on this ship in the 20 years it was in service the specific raquin that the model is of is the one from 1750 -1751 which historically does not have the space to place swivel cannons.

The chebec Le Requin was built in 1750 - 1751 by Majorcan shipwrights at the Royal Dockyard in Toulon for the French navy. She was launched on 14 March 1751. Her crew were 220 men, her armament were twenty-four 8-pdr-guns. 

this is the specific raquin the ingame ship is based off of which dont even come close to its historical accuracy. this is a replica of the french xebec identical to the requin. frenchxebec1.jpg
the bow is too cluttered to have a swivel cannon placed there so no bow chaser the stern is so high at u could put one there u cant place swivel along the broadside without getting in the way of the cannoneers, not enough space. cant place it in the middle without the possibility of shooting ur own mast, in all honesty the raquin 1750 - 1751 does not meet its historical accuracy.

the one that matches the ingame model
gEL4A4495.jpg

this is an exact replica of the requin please point out the chasers.

Edited by Ruby Rose

now before u say it could have chasers i'll give u this to go over a perfect replica of this xebec the specific La Requin 1750-1751
http://modelisme.arsenal.free.fr/artdumodelisme/Le Requin/index.html

http://modelisme.arsenal.free.fr/artdumodelisme/fichelerequin.html
if u still believe this had chasers ur going to have to prove it ever had it between 1750 and 1751 on La Requin

7 minutes ago, Flinch said:

This ship doesn't need its bow chasers anyways, the free control perk would be better in my mind.

it doesnt have any chasers it also didnt launch with 245 crew and in the frame the devs chose it didnt ever have the capacity for 372 crew

Edited by Ruby Rose

That is just one model of the ship.

Oh look swivels on the front.

chebec-apres-11.jpg

I actually would of loved to see some more on the sides actually and could of removed the rear chaser for all I care, the swivles don't break the game.  Swivels can easly be moved around a ship.

chebec-apres-04.jpg

5.jpg

662675Le_Chebec_11.jpg

I'm just adding this one cause of the crazy detail on the model..

post-4-0-57215100-1376378037.jpg

alright tex ur first pic is of a galley not xebec, ur 2nd pic is of a galley not xebec, pic 4 is from 1780 long after the requin was sentenced as its time of service was only between 1750 and 1770, 5th pic doesnt show any chasers and not to mention u would have to be damn tall to see over that bar to shoot at a target with accuracy, also likely to shoot ur rigging and mast and bow at the same time that is an arched bow which u would have to be able to shoot over or for that matter see over while standing at that location.

dsc_0509.jpg
the holes in the front isnt holding any chasers it looks like whatever is in the dingy, 

LeRequin1750.jpg
The Chebec was one of the fastest ships of its era. The Chebec was a typical ship with roots in North African countries. It was the typical format for ships frequenting the ports of Algiers, Tunis and Tripoli. The Chebec was armed with 24 cannons. This particular ship model is based on the French Chebec design of the ship 'Le Requin'. The French and Spanish both copied the North African ship design for its speed. Le Requin was one of eight chebecs built in France between 1750 and 1762. Le Requin was built by Joseph Caubet, a native of Majorca, and the build lasted eight months. The amazing aerodynamic profile of this ship speaks for its speed capabilities. Chebecs were used in the mediterranean by French corsairs mainly for quick interception and getaway. This is a fantastic plank on frame ship model of the chebec based on the original plans with all its ornaments being handcarved pieces which took hours to complete.

Edited by Ruby Rose

10 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Crew and armament changes over years for a ship.

https://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=15543

You haven't shown any proof either other than a model.   Three decker and I assume the Devs resources was off actuall drawing and several documents.

if u look carefully at ur link the crew size is dated for 10.1752.  not 1750-1751, the deck armament is also dated for 1752, 

The chebec Le Requin was built in 1750 - 1751 by Majorcan shipwrights at the Royal Dockyard in Toulon for the French navy. She was launched on 14 March 1751, launched 1751 not 52 and according to ur site 

First Commissioned 10.1752
Edited by Ruby Rose

ABOUT THIS CONTENT
La - Requin is a consumable premium ship.

She was built in 1750 - 1751 by Majorcan shipwrights at the Royal Dockyard in Toulon for the French navy, for protection against Barbary Pirates. She was launched on 14 March 1751. 

The ship is perfect for hit and run operations and privateering. It can operate both from deep water and shallow water ports. Large crew allows you board enemies with confidence, and lateen sails profiles will help you escape from the most heated situations. 

Ship stats
Class - 6th rate
Crew - 250 (30 more crew then the actual ship)
Max Speed - 13.39 knots
Turn Rate - 4.65
Guns - 30 (not accurate to the ship when launched, 24 cannons all 8pounders)

if the dlc is of the historical accuracy's of its ships why is this DLC ship not historically accurate