Game-Labs Forum

Ship teleported in battle?

Liq

Was having a duel, ship was on my stern - got ready to shoot my stern chasers, and then - poof, it teleported about 200 ish metres to my starboard side

I've had giant lagspikes before which - on my screen only - forced all ships together into a blob. but that was only temporary and the reason was due to my high ping. But a teleport, a *legit* teleport, I've never experienced before.

OBS was not running during the battle, thus did not record.

Sent an F11 bug report.

Serverside issue or what was the cause?

Edited by Liq
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

This is not one-sided, both sides experience ship being teleported. Thus, it's not ISP connection one-side issue. @TemplarCrusader

Its not very clear but to me it looks like your ship was the one that moved as the positions of the other two seem to remain the same relative to each other, so it could be an ISP connection issue on your side.

My theory is that this is a result of a fix of occasional capsizes (which happened rarely when ship colliders moved into each other due to packet loss on the player side). 
Instead of capsizing they are slightly repositioned. Which i think is much better than losing a ship to a random capsize.

But its just a theory. We will look into it if more cases arise.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, admin said:

My theory is that this is a result of a fix of occasional capsizes (which happened rarely when ship colliders moved into each other due to packet loss on the player side). 
Instead of capsizing they are slightly repositioned. Which i think is much better than losing a ship to a random capsize.

But its just a theory. We will look into it if more cases arise.. 

We did not touch each other though

• 3 months later...
25 minutes ago, Ink said:

Thank you for the video, under investigation

Thanks

Just another note:

After rewatching it a couple times, I think it was in fact my ship that teleported and not the enemy.

(Wave shapes before and after; the Snow was closer to me after the TP and still had a clear shot with his chasers)

I had this happen to me this morning. 

I tagged an enemy solo 1st rate from S-SW of him (I was just outside of the small inner circle in the tag circle). Which should have put his join circle on land. In battle I spawned behind his stern, which in OW would be east of him. Since he was backing towards me I promptly boarded him, but just after the initial countdown and as we were about to launch our first boarding moves, his ship was teleported 100 meters away from me, to my NE. I got the boarding interrupted message, and in the meantime another 1st rate had joined from the west.

So not only was my perfect tag messed up, putting the circle in a position easy for the enemy to join more ships and outnumber me instead of on land, but then my boarding (with marines and prep against no marines and no prep) was interrupted and I was stuck facing 2 full health, full crew 1st rates and with nowhere to go.

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/26/2018 at 7:32 PM, Liq said:

Was having a duel, ship was on my stern - got ready to shoot my stern chasers, and then - poof, it teleported about 200 ish metres to my starboard side

I've had giant lagspikes before which - on my screen only - forced all ships together into a blob. but that was only temporary and the reason was due to my high ping. But a teleport, a *legit* teleport, I've never experienced before.

OBS was not running during the battle, thus did not record.

Sent an F11 bug report.

Serverside issue or what was the cause?

It was only one time and nobody joined the fight in this moment.