The Admiral

Thonys

@admin

look at this ,why is there no dutch ship? time 1:16:10

"I dont bloody care" ?

for everybody to  see Englisch versus Dutch in the days of sea wars

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 3

An awesome film on so many levels! As a young man I would see Dutch warships bearing the names De Ruyter, De Witt and Tromp, and have even marshalled the Wasp helicopter from the Van Spjiek class Frigate HMNS De Ruyter when visiting HMS Osprey in the 1970's, watching the film for me puts these men on a level with Hood, Anson, Rodney and Nelson, all ships that bear the names of great Admirals, who served their nations with honour and pride, often at odds with their political masters but beloved by the navy's and people of their nations.

We may not get to sail the ships upon which they made their names as many of them were before the game's timeline, but to sail the ships that bore their names during our timeline would be a just and fitting legacy both for the men themselves, and the Nation they so courageously fought and died for. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Fenris said:

That is not accurate.

How so?

I am not saying the Dutch navy was still on par with the English, but still a force to be reckoned with. Still had Caribbean colonies as well. The English didn't want their fleet to fall into the hands of Napoleon, etc. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...