Game-Labs Forum
xDDDDDDDD

Admiralty DLC Extra Outposts (P2W or...)

On 6/23/2018 at 8:44 AM, Marcus Corvus said:

You do not need to bother with the books and all that to have a significant advantage in the economy.

Once you have enough experience to max out the perks and can crew a Trader's Brig, you are off and running.  A good deal of the rest can be bought outright.  Including marks, which are readily available in neutral ports.  To which the alt outposts provide the access.  Expensive?  Yes.  But not an obstacle to a whale.

Is it a particularly efficient form of P2W?  Perhaps not.

But if a player can buy 2nd and in some cases apparently 3rd copies of the game, and has time on their hands, it appears to be possible to exploit certain areas of the economy in a way that freezes non-alt players out.  The outpost limit doesn't cause the bottlenecks in the economy (Econ 101 will tell you where they do come from).  But the extra outposts provide privileged access to the bottlenecked activity unavailable to players who do not use them.

Out-of-game-purchase yields a meaningful advantage over someone who did not purchase.  That is P2W.

I've been at this since February.  Now I am hearing new players in my clan twittering about their alts.  I'm done playing against against that.  It just escapes me how alt P2W is somehow good, and DLC P2W is somehow bad.

I'm taking a break and will re-evaluate after the the economy rework.

Alt P2W requires effort.  DLC P2W requires only money.  

That’s the difference.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Christendom said:

That’s the difference.  

At least RvR/pvp interference. Eco not so much.

But I agree dlc outpost increase would interfere with the most crucial parts of NA RvR/pvp

Edited by z4ys

5 hours ago, Christendom said:

That’s the difference.  

But they are both P2W.  Which is my point.  And the game incentivizes that.  This being the case the difference is not a meaningful one for a player with time on their hands if the goal is an economic advantage.

If you are really all that concerned about P2W then it's time to address the incentives that promote that.  That way both alts and the DLCs become interesting add-ons, and not critical to game play.

Edited by Marcus Corvus

If this is not gonna happen as DLC which is fine, please give us option to increase outpost number in game like dock space with huge money for last slots. 8 outposts are realy not enough, we are most of the time away from action which reduces the density of players.

• Like 1

We need 2 more ship tows  and 2 more Outpost slots.  Then we have more Action on the Map. 

3 ship tows

10 Outpost slots.

@admin

But please no dlc

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 1

I am a true solo player, as in no clanmates, no alts, nothing. This building slots/warehouse slots DLC helped me tremendously. I'd buy an outpost DLC.

Edited by Werewolf
  • Like 1

On 6/24/2018 at 5:59 PM, Christoph said:

We need 2 more ship tows  and 2 more Outpost slots.  Then we have more Action on the Map. 

3 ship tows

10 Outpost slots.

@admin

But please no dlc

The thing about tows is that a ship that is towed across the map is a ship that isnt sailing in the overworld to get involved in pvp content.

2 hours ago, Flinch said:

The thing about tows is that a ship that is towed across the map is a ship that isnt sailing in the overworld to get involved in pvp content.

If the battle is across the map and you can't get a ship out, then it's the same thing.

You can either get jumped in transit to the battle, or get to the battle. Which one would we prefer?

Better put, would you rather get jumped before getting into the patrol zone or get jumped inside the patrol zone?

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Slim McSauce said:

You can either get jumped in transit to the battle, or get to the battle. Which one would we prefer?

Ye, and for grumpy people like me; Log off rather than spend an hour in transit. 

• Like 2

On June 22, 2018 at 6:33 PM, Christendom said:

My point was P2W is mostly featured in the arcade style games and such where even if it is P2W you can just re-queue and fight again.  NA has actual loss and gain for time invested.  P2W heavily disrupts that style of play.  

If all people wanted was quicker access to fun fights, more people would of been playing Legends.  They didn't.  The appeal of this game has always and will always be in the hunt and the chase.  That cannot be replicated in a lobby system.  The OW appeal of Naval Action is a big deal, if only they could get it right.

Legends failed because it @admin never wanted it to succeed.

Had it been an open alpha/beta instead of accessible to those who already paid it would still be around.

Players had a choice between working towards their OW progress or taking away from it to test another game. What do you think was going to happen.

Legends was never meant to succeed.