Game-Labs Forum
xDDDDDDDD

Admiralty DLC Extra Outposts (P2W or...)

I stand here supporting extra outposts addition to DLC. could be even 2-4. Outposts are the bottleneck of every game aspect. PvP, RvR, Economy (trading, ship building, production).

At the moment alts are far more superior with +1 tow, +8 outposts, +20 dock space, 2x more Labour Hours, +5 buildings, +xx warehouse space etc.

If I need to, I can get access to max rank accounts with Ship Handling + Gunnery + 5 Rings with outposts and everything for RvR reasons etc. I don't like doing it, but game limitations and bottlenecks force me to do it. I would rather use my main with DLC than alts and I will gladly welcome this addition. Please discuss, @z4ys invited to join.

• Like 10

I see the dlc as an option for solo players to use if they don't want to (or don't know how to) use alts.

Personally I like the DLC and would have bought it if I didn't already use an economy/crafting alt.

Edited by Cornelius Tromp
  • Like 1

I stand to the point that extra outposts are p2w, as, we all already discussed that it gives you an advantage of being closer to the hotspots everywhere on the map, if outposts are opened for that point. 

18 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

At the moment alts are far more superior with +1 tow, +8 outposts, +20 dock space, 2x more Labour Hours, +5 buildings, +xx warehouse space etc.

They are superior in economy perspective, yes. But with the knowledge system they are not for pvp. You need for an alt all the important books that most players only could affort for their main, if at all. I know many players that to this point never got the chance to get Art of Shiphandling together. And in that aspect a main account with more outposts is superior.

Edited by Nelsons Barrel

We cannot convince each other.

You say you want access to everything via 1 account PvP, RvR, Economy.

I say even the dlc lets you build more crafting buildings and give you more ship slots you still have to chose because of limited outpost slots. So lets look at a honest person playing without alts. Having the dlc to not having the dlc makes no difference. The person can either chose to be full eco or full pvp or full rvr. Allowing more outposts via dlc takes this choice away suddenly the player can do everything. And thats p2w.

Only way to not make it look like p2w is increasing outpost slots for all players by game default in my opinion.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 3

Im open to any dlc that accomplishes what buying an alt does. Having an alt is too much of a pain but people who do it are distinctly advantaged. 

That being said there always needs to be limits or some whales with too much cash will just pay their way through every aspect of this game. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, z4ys said:

outposts via dlc takes this choice away suddenly the player can do everything. And thats p2w.

The solomon decision would be to give the option to open the +1+or more outposts by in game means (for example lots of pvp marks). Would it change your opinion?

(BTW both le requin and hercules will drop on OW in epic chests)

• Like 1

Outposts for IRL money gives players an unfair advantage over those that do not by having a greater map presence, especially a RVR clan full of players that paid the 10 bucks.  

I get the alt argument, but an alt cannot give you additional outposts UNLESS you spent time to level that alt, get him the requisite books and ship slots.  I've set up my other character in another nation just for this purpose.  AKA invest a significant amount of time getting him to that point.  That is not pay to win.

Being able to swipe a card and immediately getting a significant advantage over other players in the game who have not, is pay to win.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, admin said:

The solomon decision would be to give the option to open the +1+or more outposts by in game means (for example lots of pvp marks). Would it change your opinion?

sorry ninja edit of my post :

Only way to not make it look like p2w is increasing outpost slots for all players by game default in my opinion.

I would count pvp marks (ingame effort) as game default.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, admin said:

I prefer this option, at least is more fair and encourages pvp.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, admin said:

This sounds fine. A good chunk of pvp marks. 

• Like 1

If there is a path in-game the does not require IRL money then it's a fair trade off.  Having cash for outpost spots be the only option though is P2W.

• Like 1

I think the idea that pvp marks could/can ‘increase’ a character’s potential to wage war across the Caribbean is a good idea. The ability to simply pay for it does take away from the effort (fighting for that privilege) people will strive for. Understood the game will need cash to continue development and continuance of the sever, however, many and more that I know would pay to earn those pvp marks in style with DLC that issued ship paints for an example would provide.

For instance: I buy a Breitling watch that cost £2600; that tells the time reliably like any £40 watch might,  but it looks great and I’m overjoyed.

31 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Why not make each extra outpost cost pvp marks per month.

Dont like that idea as people need to take a break from the game now and again due to work/life/burnt out issues etc. Why should you lose something you have worked for just because you are unable to play for a while.

I rather see the herc for shallow patrol zone as pay2win, given it got even more buffed HP wise and reclassed as a 5th rate - It cant join shallow pbs anymore but why still shallow water in ow?

More outpost dlcs i cant really understand how that should be pay2win. We can already buy alts and spread them on the map to "be present anywhere" for rvr so I don't think that argument works.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Why not make each extra outpost cost pvp marks per month.

PvP marks would be too much. If it costs gold though - an equivalent of 3 PvE missions per week - and if your outposts would be not deleted but frozen in case you don't pay, it would be ok I think. 

Then it could be even substituted for premium account for those who don't want to pay through ingame currency

Edited by vazco

I would hate any sort of subcription monthly payment systems... I would rather pay a lot like 100-200 marks than pay 5 marks per month or whatever. I rather see pay once, but well system and own it forever.

To me, devs jumped the shark on dlc. I dont remember anyone asking for more magic ships. Its all over if they decide to add a 3rd rate that you can rebuilt for free every 24 hours that other people cant capture. Dlc ships may not even be p2w, but they severely undercut crafting and the freedom on OW. 

As for the adniralty connections, it just looks so bad on the store page I dont know why. Plenty of f2p games offer the same type of deal but in NA? Looks like more fuel for the critics who say this game is biding its time 

Its clearly a p2w advantage. You pay and you get advantage that can be only achieved through $. What happened to ship paints? Wasnt that suppose to be the dlc? How do you from premium cosmetics to magic respawing ships that will soon take over the meta and disrupt everything?

"Hey guys lets take out are 25 man herc fleet and roll everything in shallows, its ok because we get new ones for free every day if we lose xd"

2 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

To me, devs jumped the shark on dlc. I dont remember anyone asking for more magic ships. Its all over if they decide to add a 3rd rate that you can rebuilt for free every 24 hours that other people cant capture. Dlc ships may not even be p2w, but they severely undercut crafting and the freedom on OW. 

As for the adniralty connections, it just looks so bad on the store page I dont know why. Plenty of f2p games offer the same type of deal but in NA? Looks like more fuel for the critics who say this game is biding its time 

Its clearly a p2w advantage. You pay and you get advantage that can be only achieved through $. What happened to ship paints? Wasnt that suppose to be the dlc? How do you from premium cosmetics to magic respawing ships that will soon take over the meta and disrupt everything?

"Hey guys lets take out are 25 man herc fleet and roll everything in shallows, its ok because we get new ones for free every day if we lose xd"

1. Devs stated that big ships won't be premium. 

2. Crafting cost of a shallow ship is more or less 50-100k gold. 

3. Shallows PvP is fun and good action. I will be happy to see Hercs around as I killed many already. If you see a fleet of 25 Hercs, you may as well see a fleet of 25 Bellonas at KPR. I bet 0 of the bellonas would die and they would kill like 10-15 Brits, so silly "25 ship fleet" argument. They all still need guns + mods + repairs. 

21 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

1. Devs stated that big ships won't be premium. 

2. Crafting cost of a shallow ship is more or less 50-100k gold. 

3. Shallows PvP is fun and good action. I will be happy to see Hercs around as I killed many already. If you see a fleet of 25 Hercs, you may as well see a fleet of 25 Bellonas at KPR. I bet 0 of the bellonas would die and they would kill like 10-15 Brits, so silly "25 ship fleet" argument. They all still need guns + mods + repairs. 

Shallows used to be fun, but with hercs respawned every day will be P2W.

I give it a week before every shallow PB is all hercs. Also RIP Nassau patrol zone.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Shallows used to be fun, but with hercs respawned every day will be P2W.

I give it a week before every shallow PB is all hercs. Also RIP Nassau patrol zone.

Herc cannot enter sahllow pbs. Furthermore all 6th rates will be buffed to match herc but (soon TM)

Thats a great comparison because bellona is another notoriously magic ship that plenty of people have 10+ notes for and wouldn't think twice about taking them to capitals in 14.5knt configuration and wiping out everything in sight with no loses. Devs have effectively shorted their entire game with magic ships and pvp marks. I pray economy changes this but soon shallow battles will be infected by uncapturable, uncraftable payed ships

Edited by Slim McSauce

7 minutes ago, z4ys said:

Herc cannot enter sahllow pbs. Furthermore all 6th rates will be buffed to match herc but (soon TM)

That is some good news at least, jus herc is so OP is crazy with amount of crew and gun poundage for a 6th.

If is way to keep servers up and running though i guess is what it is.

Edited by Dibbler

1 minute ago, Dibbler said:

That is some good news at least, jus herc is so OP is crazy with amount of crew and gun poundage for a 6th.

actual its changed to 5th rate. (thats what makes her unique - a 5th rate that can enter shallow area)

Edited by z4ys