Game-Labs Forum
admin

Open world UI feedback (2018)

Need inventory interface for both OW UI and port UI that shows all buildings and warehouse contents so we can make decisions without having to teleport or make port. Also, part of this should be ship inventory as well as hold contents for all ships.

Edited by Hugh Latham
  • Like 1

Came back to the game last week after month away from a pc, maybe it is because i am used to the old interface but it's hard to find how to repair your hull or sails from the ow, it is not very intuitive to me.

Same after capturing a trader and putting it in fleet, back in ow it took me a while to understand that i either have to scroll right or enlarge the window to see it appear somewhere.

Since the new UI I have slowed down my playing to the point that I haven't sailed in almost a month now.

It was my favorite game for almost 3 years now I am just waiting.

I was hoping for an UI that would be intuitive and it's just more pretty than the older one while being counter intuitive as hell. The icons don't really speak to me so I have to click everywhere to get access to the simplest thing.

I was hoping to have to click less to access to important stuff but it seems to be the same or worst sometimes.

Edited by Louis Garneray
  • Like 3

Icons suck!

They all use the same picture!

Why does salt look like other items?

Hate the damn refresh everytime you have to split or move something.  More noticable on the new UI and painful on the eyes!

Please make the ports actually look like ports with real docks, especially Nation Capital Ports!  Capital ports currently look like remote outposts with a dock barely big enough for a dingy!

Now that we are stuck looking at the ports in the new UI, the docks and buildings with 40ft tall doors need fixing ASAP!

3 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Icons suck!

They all use the same picture!

Why does salt look like other items?

Hate the damn refresh everytime you have to split or move something.  More noticable on the new UI and painful on the eyes!

They're working on those things, relax.

I find the fleet-size indication in OW  problematic, just knowing that an ai Indef' sails along 2 medium sized ship don't help motivate players to engage as you always imagine the largest kind of ships, while it could possibly be two Cerberus. Same can be said for The "large" & "small" indications, a 3rd rate fleet is not the same as facing multiple 1st rate, or a lynx a niagara."

I would prefer something like "fleet composition one schooner, one light brig (snow/brig) - -war brig (mercury/ navybrig) -heavy brig (niag), corvette,   light-medium-heavy frigate, one two-decked warship, 1st rate"

Edited by Baptiste Gallouédec
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

I find the fleet-size indication in OW  problematic, just knowing that an ai Indef' sails along 2 medium sized ship don't help motivate players to engage as you always imagine the largest kind of ships, while it could possibly be two Cerberus. Same can be said for The "large" & "small" indications, a 3rd rate fleet is not the same as facing multiple 1st rate, or a lynx a niagara."

I would prefer something like "fleet composition one schooner, one light brig (snow/brig) - -war brig (mercury/ navybrig) -heavy brig (niag), corvette,   light-medium-heavy frigate, one two-decked warship, 1st rate"

That would make too much sense. Just like hailing on the open water and chatting without having to open a battle instance between "enemies" would make too much sense, both historically and game-play wise. 🙄 Funny enough... these things that made sense were removed. 🤔

• Like 2