Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

Yeah, guess so. On another related point, which is intricately connected to eco.war.eco cycle ( at the expense of the no.eco.just.pvp crews ), it is "absurd" the amount of players that play this multiplayer game solo mode. That alone is a big chunk of the factor that ruled out many of the "risk" of the OW and the lobbying towards more and more and more safety was rampant.

Instead of sailing with friends, give us forts. Then forts were not enough anymore. Now the zones are not enough anymore. I mean... If Fine woods would be reviewed and re.implemented then the playerbase in the Caribbean server would have to accept the fact that theirs and the enemies resource routes would be a "warzone" in itselves. But guess it is too much to expect.

But we beyond that now. I am eagerly waiting for September and all the updates, hotfixes, etc.

13 minutes ago, Sir Hethwill the RedDuke said:

On another related point, which is intricately connected to eco.war.eco cycle ( at the expense of the no.eco.just.pvp crews ), it is "absurd" the amount of players that play this multiplayer game solo mode.

It's just hard for a lot of people to schedule themselves the 2/3/4/5+ hours straight it takes to do multiplayer things in NA - without life interruptions, and at the exact same time as other people in their group.  A larger population would sure help a lot.  I like to do group stuff, but coordinating something and feeling like I've got the free hours for following through with it is daunting. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Barbancourt (rownd) said:

It's just hard for a lot of people to schedule themselves the 2/3/4/5+ hours straight it takes to do multiplayer things in NA - without life interruptions, and at the exact same time as other people in their group.  A larger population would sure help a lot.  I like to do group stuff, but coordinating something and feeling like I've got the free hours for following through with it is daunting. 

100% agree.

One beautiful thing about NA is that, even if you take a step away for weeks, you won't be behind anyone.

Try to do that in other games. One week away and suddenly the gap of "character" to your friends is huge...

On 6/18/2018 at 10:41 AM, admin said:

Battle sails now give bonuses to

• Ship turning
  • Yard turning
  • Sail resistance

@admin the intention with this is good, but as far as i can tell it didnt make any difference, you loose +/- 4 knots sailing in battle sails which makes turning in full sails still better, it only makes a difference if you have full speed then go down to battle sails quickly as you're turning. I would still suggest that going down to battle sails will decrease the amount of crew needed on the sailing part as we do now with lock one side for reload, the gunnery crew needed goes down. Also instead of going through each stage when lowering sails the sailing crew would go straight to the assigned sail type, e.g full sails to battle sails, it lowers it straight to battle sails.

The difference would be that people would have more crew for cannons which gives higher dps, i would also add that the dispersion would be better and the guncrew would aim faster.

It should be fairly easy explained and would make total sence, the less sail thats up = more crew available for cannons, the slower your ships goes = less affected by heel = better aim with cannons, and  of course better ship, yard turning and sail resistance.

Edited by Wyy
Waves effect more when lower speed
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wyy said:

going down to battle sails will decrease the amount of crew needed on the sailing part as we do now with lock one side for reload, the gunnery crew needed goes down.

I agree with battle sails = lower sailing requirement for crew = more crew for other purposes

Maybe a debuff on turning at full sails?  Not sure, I haven't really seen any numbers

The sailing crew requirement does not change with the level of sails showing.  Changing the level of sails is what uses crew.  Maneuvering with yards uses crew.  If you want to be realistic, most ships in combat didn't do a lot of work with the sails when the battle had started.  Brail up the courses to reduce fire risk (the historic battle sails).

• Like 3