Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

23 minutes ago, Sir William Hargood said:

As long as we don't have a repeat of 1 shot kills of a perfectly undamaged L'Ocean as I have had before.

oh god

Just now, Liang Dao Ming said:

Well, cooldown is nice at least.

So you can't replace immediately after you loose. 

Cooldown corresponds to the time required to craft the similar classed ship by a solo player. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Michael of Saxe Coberg said:

I think that the "ship cards" could be reduced in size and save the need for clicking that annoying "I" button. Please see attached.

Battle3.jpg

You dont need to click "I" button. Simply hovering mouse over the picture brings up the info as well. But I agree cards could be way smaller

• Like 2

Update 22nd June

• Fixed the bug blocking the trade of ships in port
  • Fixed bug that blocked UI for some time after sending the bug report
  • Fixed bug causing incorrect display of national ranks
  • Fixed bug that sometimes did not display the type of combat on combat selection screen
  • You can now redeem the imported premium ships only if you do not have the same ships in docks
  • Use rum now properly works if you drink rum on the Basic Cutter
  • Replaced the icon for Carpenters to something more appropriate (remember that icons are not final)
  • Reduced the fire damage to structure even more (as ships were still sinking before exploding).

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, admin said:

Update 22nd June

• Fixed the bug blocking the trade of ships in port
  • Fixed bug that blocked UI for some time after sending the bug report
  • Fixed bug causing incorrect display of national ranks
  • Fixed bug that sometimes did not display the type of combat on combat selection screen
  • You can now redeem the imported premium ships only if you do not have the same ships in docks
  • Use rum now properly works if you drink rum on the Basic Cutter
  • Replaced the icon for Carpenters to something more appropriate (remember that icons are not final)
  • Reduced the fire damage to structure even more (as ships were still sinking before exploding).

What's next after this? 

No longer a good place for the chat window.  Or if moved to the upper left then the tabs should be movable so you can dock at corner.

Why is the chat window still the same old UI?

Why is the hover dialogue box for ports in the map view still the same?

Port icons are too small in the map.

Naparima is shown as a free town in the map and is owned by French clan (F11 report sent).

IMO the dialogue boxes that pop up need transparency.  They are way too big and assume the interface too boldly.

I must be missing some things, I don't see a whole lot of changes in spite of looking all over (have not battled yet).

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Banished Privateer said:

Wasn't Economy Update supposed to be as hotfix next week?

I looks like he said 2 more big patches or at least another 2 months, sometime in August?

Edited by Wind

5 hours ago, vazco said:

Strange to quote myself... @admin, I think the new sinking mechanic is quite bad. If you can survive with only a part of 1 bar of structure, it's quite strange. In my opinion survivability is too high in this case, as when you fight 1 vs 4, very often you sink people by leaving them with only a fraction of their structure and you can't get closer. Those fights will be much harder now and ganks will have an additional advantage.

I agree the new sinking is way too slow, a ship with no armor or structure left still takes a while to sink. Not sure if the issue is to do with the new leaks system where the water intake is halved when the vessel is stopped and all vessels are down to zero speed when their structure is gone so they take on water slower.

The problem is very noticeable in fights against AI as they seem to be able to keep reloading and shooting broadsides well past the stage that a players ship would have everyone on survival. In PvP battles as Vazco pointed out you now have to ensure the other player is sunk before moving on as there is a chance they can repair enough to escape.

If this is not adjusted it will possible bring pump mods in as more useful.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, admin said:

You can now redeem the imported premium ships only if you do not have the same ships in docks

Did we get an answer on what happens if you redeem an imported ship with the same ship in fleet? Will you then be able to have more than one in dock or are you forced to keep one in fleet, thus restricting you on teleporting?