Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
pandakraut

Hidden mechanics and weapon damage degradation

Recommended Posts

On 2/24/2019 at 6:15 PM, Taqtaq said:

Is there a modifier for melee damage based on the unit type?

Here are the melee damage received modifiers

infantry: 1.05

skirmishers: 1.15

artillery: 1

cavalry: 1.05

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, pandakraut said:

Here are the melee damage received modifiers

infantry: 1.05

skirmishers: 1.15

artillery: 1

cavalry: 1.05

Thanks

Although actually I meant multipliers on melee damage done not recieved...😅

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have two questions:

1- How does the "flanked" penalty work? I mean is it like either the specific multiplier (nearly 1.5) applies or not? OR it depends on the angle of recieved fire, so the multiplier builds up progressively as the incoming fire's angle gets closer to 90° degrees related to your flank?

 

2- In some battles (Shiloh for example) you get reinforcements or you assign more than one corp. How can I know which brigades will appear first? I mean in general how can know the order of my brigades' appearance in any battle?

Edited by Taqtaq

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Taqtaq said:

Although actually I meant multipliers on melee damage done not recieved...😅

No modifier of that kind by unit type that I'm aware of.

1 hour ago, Taqtaq said:

- How does the "flanked" penalty work? I mean is it like either the specific multiplier (nearly 1.5) applies or not? OR it depends on the angle of recieved fire, so the multiplier builds up progressively as the incoming fire's angle gets closer to 90° degrees related to your flank?

Appears to just be a flat modifier if the unit counts as being hit from a particular side. No percentages involved.

1 hour ago, Taqtaq said:

2- In some battles (Shiloh for example) you get reinforcements or you assign more than one corp. How can I know which brigades will appear first? I mean in general how can know the order of my brigades' appearance in any battle?

The default left to right top to bottom. But there are some battles where the last unit seems to vary for no apparent reason. D-Dub's guides are the closest you can get to a full list and it's missing a lot. I've slowly been providing updates for the CSA side but in most cases I'm just restarting the battle multiple times to see what comes in when and where.

Edited by pandakraut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any difference between charging and moving to melee in terms in terms of melee damage and unit speed (or any other difference)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Taqtaq said:

Is there any difference between charging and moving to melee in terms in terms of melee damage and unit speed (or any other difference)?

Charging gives you a melee bonus, speed bonus, and a morale bonus. There is no rampup time that I can tell so I tend to wait to charge until basically in melee range to maximize the charge duration. I'm not much of a melee player though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pandakraut said:

Charging gives you a melee bonus, speed bonus, and a morale bonus.

How much bonus we're talking about (big or small)? Do you have its exact/approximate amount?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1.25 - 1.5 for melee, morale bonus is 20%. The speed numbers aren't as straightforward. Probably better off putting two units next to each other on a battle like Seven pines and having one charge and the other walk/run to see the difference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks

A technical question😅: Where do you get these data from? I mean is it easy to get these information (Like just opening and looking into certain files)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Taqtaq said:

Thanks

A technical question😅: Where do you get these data from? I mean is it easy to get these information (Like just opening and looking into certain files)?

Either have to get it from the resources.assets file using a hex editor. Preferably one of the better ones that translates more of it into readable text. Or you need to use a decompiler to be able to add logging code to print out the relevant values. I mostly use the 2nd option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taqtaq said:

Hi

Does flank/rear bonus apply to melee attacks? Or it's only for ranged attacks?

It looks like there is a side bonus for melee, but it's not the same as ranged and the way it's written I can't get you specifics.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...