Game-Labs Forum

RvR - Bringing back a better Flag

On 6/15/2018 at 9:45 AM, admin said:

The problem with the flag is the abuse that is impossible to solve. 
You can either

• deny the port battle by purchasing the flag and keeping it if flags are exclusive
  • deny the port battle by placing the flag first if flags are not exclusive

Long hostility is sometimes not fun especially if no-one comes to defend, but it serves the purpose: to give defender at least some chance to react. The goal is to not have more port battles but to have more full port battles.

Hostility generation will become a bit more bearable once we improve the PB rewards (already in test builds) by 1) dropping a rare item during port battles 2)giving capturable ports a better crafting bonus. 

and what about buying pb with pvp marks as a secondary option? We need a mark sink and people would be less likely to buy fake flags with hard earned marks imo. Its worth a try and you can always remove it again since its not very time consuming to add methinks. 

On 6/15/2018 at 7:45 PM, admin said:

The problem with the flag is the abuse that is impossible to solve. 
You can either

• deny the port battle by purchasing the flag and keeping it if flags are exclusive
  • deny the port battle by placing the flag first if flags are not exclusive

Long hostility is sometimes not fun especially if no-one comes to defend, but it serves the purpose: to give defender at least some chance to react. The goal is to not have more port battles but to have more full port battles.

Hostility generation will become a bit more bearable once we improve the PB rewards (already in test builds) by 1) dropping a rare item during port battles 2)giving capturable ports a better crafting bonus. 

Howdy,

I think the issue will always be PVE content mixed up with PVP. Flags gave us instant PVP, lots of action, lots of activity, brought life to the game. Taking it away dulled the conquest at once. Had flaws - yes, but the idea was (and always should be) that in RVR as global player vs payer on a larger scale as team work no PVE should be involved. It should strictly be PVP only.

In a game such as this PVE should be just the "filling"content. Something that you would do to pass time, if you want an easy solo play or learn the game or do some missions.

The RVR process should instead be only PVP oriented. I have offered before another look at the conquest. Specifically how hostility is built. Basically marry the best of two together.
I'm not playing much, but keeping my eye on the progress and to be honest still prefer this idea raised exactly a year ago.

With all due respect

• Like 2

1 hour ago, koltes said:

Howdy,

I think the issue will always be PVE content mixed up with PVP. Flags gave us instant PVP, lots of action, lots of activity, brought life to the game. Taking it away dulled the conquest at once...

I wish I could +1 this a dozen times. :) This little tidbit of intangible truth is so lost in all the flag mechanics discussions.  It was this excitement factor that made flags so wonderful, even in spite of abuse.  With flags, I didn't even mind so much being 1-ported because at least it was exciting (it happened twice thru flags).  Why is this fact so overlooked?  It outweighs all mechanics issues IMHO.

• Like 2