Game-Labs Forum

Free Camera Mode tutorial

A small tutorial on Free Camera mode of Naval Action. 

For more tutorials you can visit clan BCC forum:

http://bccnavalaction.freeforums.net/board/20/naval-action-guides

INFO:

[Home] to detach.

Z & X up/down

W – Forward 

S – Back 

A – Move/Strafe Left 

D – Move/Strafe Right 

[ and ] – Zooming

Mouse Wheel – increase/decrease speed of camera

If you see a ship in the distance press [CTRL] key and hold it down. This frees your Mouse. Hover mouse over the ship and double click. This brings up the details...

thank you all for feedbacks :) 

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 8

@AeRoTR

Like the video and the website. If I may suggest more text is needed as the sound is not the best.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=855697559

This was my effort some time back on STEAM text only.

A couple of points...

In Drone View you have the ability to click on ships and find out details. Great for Gank-ing or avoiding the seal club of terror. Work in pairs...

Height in NA-OW is calculated differently than in the REAL WORLD. With Height you don’t get to see further in distance on NA-OW its only benefit is seeing over objects. Think of it more like a fixed distance cylinder.

Real World

At Sea Level at a height of 5ft 7in (1.7m), the horizon is at a distance of 2.9 miles (4.7km)

Standing on a tower that’s 100ft (30m) high at sea level the horizon extends out to 12.2 miles (19.6km).

NA-OW

This doesn’t happen. To prove this, look out as far as possible on some distant rocks. Go into drone and you’ll notice they don’t move even with added height.

You can use Telescope with drone. This in a battle awareness situation can identify the difference between medium and long cannons etc...

Norfolk

• Like 1

You've left out an important feature while in free camera mode. If you press down and continue to hold down the 'control' key, you can move the mouse pointer onto a distant ship; then left click on this ship to find out the same Open World details of this ship that you would get when left clicking on it when not in free camera mode. This is what Norfolk nChance is speaking of in the previous post.

I doubt we'll get any more free camera additions. There was a  time when you could move the camera forward to a much greater distance than we currently can. This was deemed to give players too great of an unfair advantage while at sea. The Developers took the free camera feature away from us for awhile. It was brought back in it's current and more limited form due to players complaints about not being  able to soar high above their ship in order to take in the beauty of the Open World. It's a compromised free camera.

Edited by Captiva
  • Like 2

@AeRoTR

I’m too old to learn how to YouTube properly which is a much better format than my drawling text although I do like the STEAM model. You guys do much better job than I.

Take a look at @z4ys YouTube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slkeFahMCxM&list=PLvb3k0RUu-JpUPzOg9fSgXjs8_kQCLn00

I think you’ve some links on the website. Short clips with overlay pointer graphics and Text in the correct places. Music not too loud. This is one of my favorites under 2 minutes he gets the point across. The entire series under 8 minutes yet packed with information without feeling rushed or him speaking...

STEAM Guides

My Guides in STEAM become hard to find, look under guides at the top and go “MOST RECENT”. To get the NA-Legend guide its on the side thread “Guides” so I need to repost them in the Guide forum.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/24680-norfolk-nlegend-does-grinder/

Your web page is ideal for the one stop shop. Still POST new updates on the FORUM and STEAM...

Problem with Guides...

With NA-OW guides they can become dated in no time. Simply put the Mechanic changes way too quickly because its an EA game. However, what I try to deliver is the strategy behind the mechanic. This is to allow the reader to build his or her own plan...

The mechanic may and probably will change but the strategy doesn’t.

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/21600-guide-to-solo-piracy-or-how-to-hunt-with-a-style/

@koltes is a good friend and this guy likes stats more the me. His guide shows mechanic flaws and dating. However, I can still re-read this time and again. You can see his process, deduction and reasoning. Any PvP player should read this.

In fact, you could use this in other MMO games probably.

Just some thoughts that may help you. I look forward to your next installment...

Norfolk nChance [ELITE]

• Like 1

@z4ys making those videos like a pro, may be he is a pro :) 

It took some time for me to figure how to record the game, so this all I can do, wish I could do better. I just saw the information missing about freecam, that is why I did the video.

Also this should have been in the video :) When I do pvp, I can see status of enemies and friendlies from great distance thanks to free camera mode. In fact that should be some spyglass feature.

16 hours ago, Captiva said:

You've left out an important feature while in free camera mode. If you press down and continue to hold down the 'control' key, you can move the mouse pointer onto a distant ship; then left click on this ship to find out the same Open World details of this ship that you would get when left clicking on it when not in free camera mode. This is what Norfolk nChance is speaking of in the previous post.

Edited by AeRoTR
  • Like 1

Ok I need help finding this hotkey. I remember once accidentally changing my fov using a certain button and the scroll wheel that really f***** with my aim during a battle, now I want it for when I'm just laxin' doing trading and hitting AI. Anyone know this? Please respond it's urgent that I have this by next patch.

Edited by Slim McSauce
  • Like 1

@Slim McSauce

OK Drone View...

[Home] to detach.

Z & X up/down

W – forward & down

S – Back & Up

If you see a ship in the distance press [CTRL] key and hold it down. This frees your Mouse. Hover mouse over the ship and double click. This brings up the details...

I think you are talking about [LEFT ALT] key while aiming

Now go like my Norfolk nAhab whale idea...

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance