Game-Labs Forum

I think Admin already mentioned this somewhere but I hope more controls are given to port owners (clans) to limit alts and other clans from using ports. This is more important for ports that control valued resources such as Little Harbor or Cartagena. When you look at the contracts in these ports you see players (that are obviously alts) who drive up the prices and take resources out of the nation. I think doing this will result in more RvR and let the port owners better dictate the allocation and resell cost of these resources. Also, it would make for fun politics in bigger nations where clans do not get along with each other :)  

• Like 5

Port owners should get a small percentage of those resources just for owning the port. I should not have to put a contract up to get Teak, Cart, Copper in a port my clan owns.  Even if it's just 10% of the drops goes into a clan bank.   At least a little something.  Than we can decide if we want to sale those items or not for profit or keep for clan.

• Like 3

On 6/9/2018 at 11:35 AM, Capn Rocko said:

I think Admin already mentioned this somewhere but I hope more controls are given to port owners (clans) to limit alts and other clans from using ports. This is more important for ports that control valued resources such as Little Harbor or Cartagena. When you look at the contracts in these ports you see players (that are obviously alts) who drive up the prices and take resources out of the nation. I think doing this will result in more RvR and let the port owners better dictate the allocation and resell cost of these resources. Also, it would make for fun politics in bigger nations where clans do not get along with each other :)  

Having been into Little Harbor and actually seen the contact activity I am inclined to agree about the effects of the alts.

But I have some question as to whether applying controls will have any more than a short-term effect when the incentive to use alts in the first place appears to be structural, and created by what appears to be an inelastic supply of the dropped resource.

When the player count in the game goes up (assuming this happens following release) a defending clan may need to be quite large to maintain control over one or more strategic ports.  How do you prevent alts from joining a large clan?  At least, how do you do it without assigning someone to police member behavior?  And who wants to do that?

The use of alts needs to be de-incentivized before any sort of controls will actually work, which means removing the ability of an alt player to lock up a resource by camping on the drops.

Either 1) the supply of the dropped resource needs to dynamically expand in response to port contract activity in the target resource, or 2) the drops need to be replaced with some sort of player production building.

Regarding the latter, there is no alt monopoly in cotton.

On 6/12/2018 at 9:10 PM, Marcus Corvus said:

How do you prevent alts from joining a large clan?  At least, how do you do it without assigning someone to police member behavior?  And who wants to do that?

I guess it depends on the clan. Our clan goes through a rigorous testing process for each of our new members. We like to focus on quality of players over quantity. We also only allow a few new members at a time so we can focus on training needs. So to answer your question: it's pretty easy to do if you are focusing on building a quality PvP/RvR clan.

Edited by Capn Rocko