Game-Labs Forum
admin

Le Requin Testing and Feedback

12 minutes ago, Licinio Chiavari said:

Surely he preferred to risk being mocked losing to a Brig. 

I dont know his preferences, but he wanted to fight a cannon duel instead of boarding. The later would give him the victory quite fast.

13 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I dont know his preferences, but he wanted to fight a cannon duel instead of boarding. The later would give him the victory quite fast.

If you read William Death, he was well aware of the risk and did his best to counter it.

Moreover. If you let me know how you think to push pull kill a smart brig (and very smart one in this case) with a Requin, I'm very interested.

PS: never noticed that Requins never go for boarding each other nor against 7th rates? and sometimes not even against smart 6th rates?

Edited by Licinio Chiavari

3 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Oh he tried to push me upwind to board, as I said. But he couldn't "pit" me into the wind to make it happen. It is extremely difficult, nearly impossible, to pit someone clever upwind to board them 1v1 if they don't want to be boarded. If he had demasted me, or chained me much more and then managed to get next to me, he probably could have done it. But I could outrun him straight downwind, even with low sail HP. And NavyBrig has a lot more sail turning force downwind than Le Requin does.

So, he didn't choose to fight the cannon duel, he had to fight the cannon duel because I spent the entire fight trying to deny him a means to board me.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, William Death said:

Oh he tried to push me upwind to board, as I said. But he couldn't "pit" me into the wind to make it happen. It is extremely difficult, nearly impossible, to pit someone clever upwind to board them 1v1 if they don't want to be boarded. If he had demasted me, or chained me much more and then managed to get next to me, he probably could have done it. But I could outrun him straight downwind, even with low sail HP. And NavyBrig has a lot more sail turning force downwind than Le Requin does.

So, he didn't choose to fight the cannon duel, he had to fight the cannon duel because I spent the entire fight trying to deny him a means to board me.

Then he just failed doing the previous step to a boarding action.

39 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Then he just failed doing the previous step to a boarding action.

During that previous step there are 2 variables: the attacker and the defender.
Actions of both determine if the boarding will happen or not.

Again: try boarding a smart brig with a Requin. It's far less easy than you think.

Grape vs Le requin before and after crew hotfix (9. August) Sorry for the late video

Because of the half moon shape of the xebec I advise to use unlocked sector to get highest crew dmg or shoot the guns one by one and aim every gun proper, otherwise the half moon shape will eat 3/4 of the locked sector fired broadside. (Dont try to stern rake).  All decks have crew as long the grape hits the deck it will do dmg.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 7

I think it is rather good that 5 ships win from 1 big 1st rate ship.

Nothing wrong with small and fast*

The first rate cant even win due to slow turn-rate.

My 2 pennies*

22 hours ago, Ouwe Knar said:

My 2 pennies*

meanwhile the ship is a plague and when this is the way to bring player back to the game, then this game has failed!

when the developers need money then they can contact me and I will buy this company for sure.

Spoken like a true keyboard warrior*

So if your that much financially independent,

why not sail a real ship instead of being here..?

human i am.jpg

23 hours ago, Ouwe Knar said:

My 2 pennies*

so true the first rate can use some turning rate buff 

does not need much 

just a little bit more 

no one ever uses turning speed on big ships they use other features like marines or dispersion or other stuff ,carta and hull protection, no one uses turning on it because the basic (turn) value for those ships is to low

(the upgrades do almost nothing on those ships)[ 2.0 +  5% = 2.1 turning after . the upgrade it is still sjit ]

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 1

Yes, more turn-rate for Ocean,

and nerf the dlc and get rid of the Requin... and and and....

just get the oceans and forget about the new players and let this game be all for a few veterans

who wine all day and dont want to see theire pressuses paint damaged.