Game-Labs Forum

Back

admin

Yea I’m not so sure about this dockspace DLC.  Seems preposterous to me that an unreleased game even has DLCs and early access testers need to pay to test in other nations.... but whatever.

I’m fine paying for cosmetics or even premium ships as they require more effort than changing a couple zeros.  This is a pure and simple cash grab and I’m not enthused.  

Edited by Christendom

Admin, 

Glad to have you back. Enjoy those elders all you can while they are alive. They are a treasure. Learn their history and pass it on to your children. I have great memories of mine and was blessed to have a complete set of great grand parents born at the end of the American Civil War. Such wonderful first hand knowledge. Kick started my passion for history. 

Fair sailing all. 

2 hours ago, Wind said:

This will give you an idea. Comparing 2 games NA price should be -50% less when compared to AAA titles. This is just what I would spend based on content and game health in NA. 

I would say $3.99 would get you +6 warehouse slots, +1 outposts +2 ship space. This would be an honest deal for me. 

They need to add dock expansion and limit existing quantity. Ships that would not fit give as redeemables back to players. 

Let's see what Devs say. 

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/750_crowns?_ga=2.90511514.1696325148.1528304551-1159788484.1528304551&_gac=1.15478402.1528304551.EAIaIQobChMIq7_L5cG_2wIVmI-zCh0iMQztEAAYASAAEgK39PD_BwE

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/1500_crowns?_ga=2.108927106.1696325148.1528304551-1159788484.1528304551&_gac=1.2941572.1528304551.EAIaIQobChMIq7_L5cG_2wIVmI-zCh0iMQztEAAYASAAEgK39PD_BwE

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/5500_crowns?_ga=2.108927106.1696325148.1528304551-1159788484.1528304551&_gac=1.2941572.1528304551.EAIaIQobChMIq7_L5cG_2wIVmI-zCh0iMQztEAAYASAAEgK39PD_BwE

https://eu.shop.battle.net/de-de/family/world-of-warcraft

Regarding prices 😉 That aint cheap as well. Nation change is a gamechanger so 19,99€ looks okish to me. Ofc i woudnt mind it to be cheaper but actually is ok.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Capt Jubal Early said:

lol w/e's its the same as buying alts. Who cares.

Actually it’s not.   

An alt requires you to pay full price for the privilege, requires you to juggle multiple instances of the game and get that character to the necessary locations.  It also requires you to go through the expense of opening the outpost slots and dockspace.  In short it requires effort. Players with appropriately positioned alts spent the time to do so, rather than clicking a button and swiping a card.  

This is pay to gain a competitive edge.  Using alts is paying for the access to work for a competitive edge.  I’m not necessary ok with either, but there is a lesser of two weevils here 

• Like 1

There are real premium items to be sold for cash. I don't think outposts are one of them. Why not let us buy more outposts for gold and use the DLC for something else? I feel like this would be a bad look for NA. Go to the store page and you see a bunch of micro-DLC, I avoided payday 2 for that reason. If it's not too late I would recommend you hold off selling outpost slots. What if you want to change the number of outposts or how they function? You can't without upsetting people who've bought the DLC. I wan't to see player enterprise where you can buy any amount of buildings/outposts but pay tax on them, I don't like being hardlocked on outposts/buildings/perks because it seems unfinished. Not everyone is gonna see it this way but dock space as DLC smells like a F2P microtransaction.

27 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

dock space as DLC smells like a F2P microtransaction.

DMDq5DL.gif

Lol, slim. You don't want them to sell anything useful, no true prem ships, no slots... Look how people avoid all those games that sell stuff that people actually want.

4 hours ago, admin said:

Admiralty Connection premium DLC will be added to the store (giving more warehouse space and more outposts).

Good to hear but please keep the bonus rather minor ( maybe +4 outposts and +50% warehouse space ) and nothing too extreme like doubling it... I would prefer it to be for people who want to support the game and devs, rather than buying a straight advantage... the road to pay2win is a slippery slope. I will buy everything to support the game and you but I prefer cosmetic and prestige type DLCs like balanced unique ships and paintjobs.

Also welcome back, good Sir. I hope you enjoyed the time with your grandmother.

3 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Just imagine the cash waterfall if they begin to sell ship customization: clan flags, sails, bowfigures, ship paints, ship schemes...

If we need a wipe of ships to support the development of the game, go ahead. In the long term, we will win more than we lose cause the extra cash could be invested in making NA a better game.

That's totally true. Everybody wants his/her majesty own ship.

2 hours ago, Teutonic said:

yep.

and a DLC for more outpost space is a strategic advantage over players who don't own the dlc. disguise it all you want, I won't let this slippery slope start here.

you want ways to have more money for this game? we've said it many many times as you pointed out, Ship Paints are (were) already in the game. You have to wipe all ships in order for paints to work? fine, do it - it's an alpha game still. People have offered suggestions for options that folks seem more than willing to throw money into this game that is not a "pay to win" feature and yet here we are seemingly at the same problem.

Again, I'm all glad the UI patch is coming along and that we will get multiple fixes, changes, and maybe new ships, but even if I'm happy about that, you put a P2W feature in and I'll pass.

I agree completely and would also like to point out that opposed to what others have said, it is not the same as buying a alt account. Imagine a 30 player clan with this DLC vs a 30 player clan without. One clan has everyone with all their skillbooks and ships ready in more locations than the other. Also a alt costs significantly more than the DLC ( I hope at least... ) and requires you to level up and buy all skillbooks etc. again, making it much less effective at using the outpost slots strategically.

12 hours ago, Christoph said:

in germany 19.99 € very expensive! i can buy a complete good game for this 

9.99 is ok but not for 2 outpost slots

I haven't checked the McDonnald price, but 19.99  is cheap. It is an online game. 

Edited by staun

I like almost everything about this patch, but I must add my voice to those who would prefer giving everybody the additional slots and using ship customization, paints, and well balanced premium ships to fund the game.

Best wishes to your grandmother!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Capt Aerobane said:

I like almost everything about this patch, but I must add my voice to those who would prefer giving everybody the additional slots and using ship customization, paints, and well balanced premium ships to fund the game.

Best wishes to your grandmother!

but... we don't even know what is in it for sure

We pay full price and a bit more in Australia than anyone for a worldwide digital platform that should cost the same everywhere. 

Do we whinge about that?....well yes regularly..

Do we whinge about downtime in our prime time?....well yes regularly.

Do we whinge about EU timers....never unless you count weekdays and weekends.

I suppose while on a whingeing rampage can anyone explain what the hell light beer is for??? Aussies just dont get it. we dont drink beer to stay sober unless out with the wife in case we cop a lungful whilst gorking at  those good looking sheilas under the influence...

Ah time for a beer.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, admin said:
  • Admiralty Connection premium DLC will be added to the store (giving more warehouse space and more outposts).

I expect regular players injecting some money into it at the cost of less people buying the game when they see the DLC and new people quitting the second they realize that they have to pay extra on top of what they already paid. I for one would not have bought the game if i had seen such a DLC and i know that most of the people i know wouldn't either. Reviews will take a hit as well.

Personally....

I can't see any reason not to totally wipe all content from all accounts on the game release ( which i suspect is coming soon, given final pieces being brought in, UI, extra packs, final eco, etc... )... Especially with the introduction of all the DLC packs, whatever they may be.

I expect all Backers to receive their "extras" but never in any (similar) project did I see them carry all the testing assets into the clean release. Was always a clean start for everyone. That alone is good marketing.

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Personally....

I can't see any reason not to totally wipe all content from all accounts on the game release ( which i suspect is coming soon, given final pieces being brought in, UI, extra packs, final eco, etc... )... Especially with the introduction of all the DLC packs, whatever they may be.

I expect all Backers to receive their "extras" but never in any (similar) project did I see them carry all the testing assets into the clean release. Was always a clean start for everyone. That alone is good marketing.

Problem might be the promise to keep xp. But there was an idea to grant a choice for everyone. Player who chose to wipe all assets even xp get extra and special reward while player that would rather keep xp get the xp as reward. In my opinion thats a good compromise. But regarding alts I say the rewards have to be acc bound like the xp would be.

Edited by z4ys

58 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Personally....

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this, i cant understand those that post own threads about losing their items in which they have received in the testing phase, i have yet to see a game release where the testers gets to keep their stuff they have grinded up during the testing. I have 2.5k hours in the game and i dont mind it being completly wiped, maybe give some rare ship redeemables for the backers, but nothing more then that actually.

14 minutes ago, Wyy said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this, i cant understand those that post own threads about losing their items in which they have received in the testing phase, i have yet to see a game release where the testers gets to keep their stuff they have grinded up during the testing. I have 2.5k hours in the game and i dont mind it being completly wiped, maybe give some rare ship redeemables for the backers, but nothing more then that actually.

It's interesting that the thread has turned here.  I personally would not care if we all ended up in basic cutters with zero gold.  It is my understanding with regard to the tutorial, that if you start your character over again, you do not get the rewards from the tutorial as it is tied to your account, not your character.  Would a full wipe reset this aspect?  I would be happy to jump through the Tutorial hoop again if I could get all those nice repairs and other goodies

Edited by Oberon74