Game-Labs Forum

Back

admin

Hello Captains

I am back from travels (was visiting 88yr old grandma).
How is everything? Concerns? Questions? Issues?

From our side:
Patch is on track to hit in June and will include OW UI complete overhaul, economy streamlining update + and a lot of fixes and improvements promised before.

• Prolific forger will also provide name change opportunity starting from the next patch.
  • Admiralty Connection premium DLC will be added to the store (giving more warehouse space and more outposts).

• Like 28

2 minutes ago, admin said:

Hello Captains

I am back from travels (was visiting 88yr old grandma).
How is everything? Concerns? Questions? Issues?

From our side:
Patch is on track to hit in June and will include OW UI complete overhaul, economy streamlining update + and a lot of fixes and improvements promised before.

• Prolific forger will also provide name change opportunity starting from the next patch.
  • Admiralty Connection premium DLC will be added to the store (giving more warehouse space and more outposts).

Best wishes to your Grandma.  Plenty of concerns/issues on the forum! have a good read!

• Like 4

Name Change sounds good - Everyone eager to see how the patch will hit.

Also very good debates going on about perks ( determined defender ), repairs ( and chain damage ), you should have a look on your own feedback threads. 

• Like 1

Welcome back. Please check my posts/PM on some important suggestions, questions and proposed improvements. 

Admiralty Connection premium DLC will be added to the store (giving more warehouse space and more outposts).

Provide ways to get +25% more outposts, ship slots and warehouse space free through gameplay and another +75% through paid content. Going 100% paid is bad imho. 

Also, limit that space to 1st rank and slowly give expansions through missions and achievements.

ex. Rank 1 (starting player) 10 warehouse slots, 2 outposts, 2 ships. After missions are complete reward +1 for each type in rewards. Player must click and use it to add +1 warehouse slot, ship or outpost. 

Thanks. 

Edited by Wind

23 minutes ago, admin said:

Prolific forger will also provide name change opportunity starting from the next patch.

Please show the name history with a name change so people cannot just do something bad to fellow players and then hide behind a name change. Make it so that info still shows previous names.

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, admin said:

What will be the price of the dlc?

14 minutes ago, z4ys said:

What will be the price of the dlc?

This will give you an idea. Comparing 2 games NA price should be -50% less when compared to AAA titles. This is just what I would spend based on content and game health in NA. 

I would say $3.99 would get you +6 warehouse slots, +1 outposts +2 ship space. This would be an honest deal for me. 

They need to add dock expansion and limit existing quantity. Ships that would not fit give as redeemables back to players. 

Let's see what Devs say. 

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/750_crowns?_ga=2.90511514.1696325148.1528304551-1159788484.1528304551&_gac=1.15478402.1528304551.EAIaIQobChMIq7_L5cG_2wIVmI-zCh0iMQztEAAYASAAEgK39PD_BwE

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/1500_crowns?_ga=2.108927106.1696325148.1528304551-1159788484.1528304551&_gac=1.2941572.1528304551.EAIaIQobChMIq7_L5cG_2wIVmI-zCh0iMQztEAAYASAAEgK39PD_BwE

https://account.elderscrollsonline.com/store/product/5500_crowns?_ga=2.108927106.1696325148.1528304551-1159788484.1528304551&_gac=1.2941572.1528304551.EAIaIQobChMIq7_L5cG_2wIVmI-zCh0iMQztEAAYASAAEgK39PD_BwE

Edited by Wind

30 minutes ago, rediii said:

welcome back.

complete UI overhaul sounds perfect. Better than 2 updates. I rather wait a bit more for that

I know you will be still here even when NA2 could be already half way through it's life span. They will be forced to keep their server running just because of you :)

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

Welcome back. I hope grandmother is well. We had a fun contest while you were gone. 20 million Captains tour. It was won, paid and now we have a new contest and the date will be set after the next patch. Keep up the great work.

The Pirate community has a contest coming up after the material wipe. It is called The Hurricane Regatta "...the deadliest race on the water." YOU as a non-Pirate player can enjoy this contest as well. Here is how: As a non-Pirate/ "Enemy player"  you will have tons of Trader Lynx sailing everywhere, in groups and alone. That means plenty of chasing, escaping and PVP. Now, to make this worth your time, 3 Pirate Captains (chosen at random) will be "Bounty ships". Each of these 3 ships are worth 1 Million in a Gold Bounty when sunk. So, no matter the number of contestants, 3 of them will be worth far more than a couple of PVP marks. No one will know who the bounties are until you catch and sink one... surprise! Each Bounty Captain will be instructed to declare if they got sunk and by who so that payment can be made. Below is a short post with some news on the Hurricane Regatta:

The Hurricane Regatta... "the deadliest race on the water."

Hello Captains. The Pirate Headless Parrot here. So, in my last contest for the Pirate Nation, I gave away over 20 million worth of Prizes with the "Pirate Captains Tour Contest". Congratulations Captain Privateer. Now, Im working on another and would like your help.    The new contest/race will be called the " Hurricane Regatta " - ...the deadliest race on the water.  It is open to any Pirate player of any rank. Every contestant Captain will be in a Trader Lynx (made any way - with any upgrade and any knowledge skill he has access to) and MUST be flying the smuggler flag. Once selected, the date and time of the regatta will be widely advertised and known to all other nations. In other words.....MANY enemy will be hunting you while you're trying to speed from port to port. If you get sunk, get another Trader Lynx, the 5 required items and try again. The winners will be the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Pirate Captain who posts all 5 required screenshots. To avoid out right slaughter at the start, the first leg and destination will not be revealed until the moment the race starts. Subsequent legs/port destinations of the race will be revealed in National chat, in 15 min increments after the race has started to insure that locations are not totally known to enemy players until the first hour is up. This is to help contestants get started and once all locations are revealed, the player can take any route to any location. Make no mistake...you can expect more and more enemy as you near the end of the race.  Much like my last contest, a screenshot will be required from each leg of the race. The screenshot must include, the contestants Trader Lynx at (or passing by) the destination port, the port name clearly seen in the background and the 5 items (specified later) in the open hold. There are 5 legs to this race - each revealed over the first hour. Estimated time for contest 2 hours. (will be held on a weekend)

The contest will be advertised for a few weeks prior to the actual "Hurricane Regatta" to insure maximum participation from Pirates and their enemies.

o7 Captains. Look forward to more updates on "The Hurricane Regatta" soon!

26 minutes ago, Christoph said:

which dlc?

Both. 9.99 I think is a fair price for each one. A bundle deal for 19.99 would be cool.  

At 19.99 to change nations I think most people just said screw it and quit.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Both. 9.99 I think is a fair price for each one. A bundle deal for 19.99 would be cool.  

At 19.99 to change nations I think most people just said screw it and quit.  

in germany 19.99 € very expensive! i can buy a complete good game for this 

9.99 is ok but not for 2 outpost slots

Edited by Christoph
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Christoph said:

in germany 19.99 € very expensive! i can buy a complete good game for this 

9.99 is ok but not for 2 outpost slots

As I said $3.99 nish for 6 warehouse slots, 1 outpost and 2 ship slots would be welcomed. $5.99 name change, $5.99 nation change as separate deals. Bundles with price drop is a must. 19.99 is just a suicide, same as 9.99 just to change a name or nation. 

Edited by Wind

If players want to pay for non-performance related items - like paints or changing names, I'm ok with that, but when you introduce pay-to-win to give a competitive advantage in the game, I will not play it anymore.

Edited by ElricTheTwo
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, ElricTheTwo said:

If players want to pay for non-performance related items - like paints or changing names, I'm ok with that, but when you introduce pay-to-win to give a competitive advantage in the game, I will not play it anymore.

No one will as it goes against what Developer actually stated. If I can remember right they said no pay to win ever in this game. Decorations, ship shells etc.. yes , but anything that would make other player stronger would be bad. 

Edited by Wind

3 minutes ago, Wind said:

No one will as it goes against what Developer actually stated. If I can remember right they said no pay to win ever in this game. Decorations, ship shells etc.. yes , but anything that would make other player stronger would be bad. 

yep.

and a DLC for more outpost space is a strategic advantage over players who don't own the dlc. disguise it all you want, I won't let this slippery slope start here.

you want ways to have more money for this game? we've said it many many times as you pointed out, Ship Paints are (were) already in the game. You have to wipe all ships in order for paints to work? fine, do it - it's an alpha game still. People have offered suggestions for options that folks seem more than willing to throw money into this game that is not a "pay to win" feature and yet here we are seemingly at the same problem.

Again, I'm all glad the UI patch is coming along and that we will get multiple fixes, changes, and maybe new ships, but even if I'm happy about that, you put a P2W feature in and I'll pass.

• Like 3

Not only Admin is back, but me too.

I just recently ended my 1.4 year break from Naval Action and once again enjoy it. Having played during the Sea Trials, my honour was at stake during the tutorials and (after 2 trys) completed endurance and then (aka 10+ trys and two videos😁) the Final Exam.

I just want to leave this short phrase here: I returned, because this game just has too much potential to ignore and I want to support the developing team as this is not an easy task.

Keep up the work and all the best, lads

BlueEagleGER

• Like 4