Game-Labs Forum

Hurricane Regatta (a post for NON-Pirate players)

The Pirate community has a contest coming up after the material wipe. It is called The Hurricane Regatta "...the deadliest race on the water." YOU as a non-Pirate player can enjoy this contest as well. Here is how: As a non-Pirate/ "Enemy player"  you will have tons of Trader Lynx sailing everywhere, in groups and alone. That means plenty of chasing, escaping and PVP. Now, to make this worth your time, 3 Pirate Captains (chosen at random) will be "Bounty ships". Each of these 3 ships are worth 1 Million in a Gold Bounty when sunk. So, no matter the number of contestants, 3 of them will be worth far more than a couple of PVP marks. No one will know who the bounties are until you catch and sink one... surprise! Each Bounty Captain will be instructed to declare if they got sunk and by who so that payment can be made. Below is a short post with some news on the Hurricane Regatta:

The Hurricane Regatta... "the deadliest race on the water."

Hello Captains. The Pirate Headless Parrot here. So, in my last contest for the Pirate Nation, I gave away over 20 million worth of Prizes with the "Pirate Captains Tour Contest". Congratulations Captain Privateer. Now, Im working on another and would like your help.    The new contest/race will be called the " Hurricane Regatta " - ...the deadliest race on the water.  It is open to any Pirate player of any rank. Every contestant Captain will be in a Trader Lynx (made any way - with any upgrade and any knowledge skill he has access to) and MUST be flying the smuggler flag. Once selected, the date and time of the regatta will be widely advertised and known to all other nations. In other words.....MANY enemy will be hunting you while you're trying to speed from port to port. If you get sunk, get another Trader Lynx, the 5 required items and try again. The winners will be the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Pirate Captain who posts all 5 required screenshots. To avoid out right slaughter at the start, the first leg and destination will not be revealed until the moment the race starts. Subsequent legs/port destinations of the race will be revealed in National chat, in 15 min increments after the race has started to insure that locations are not totally known to enemy players until the first hour is up. This is to help contestants get started and once all locations are revealed, the player can take any route to any location. Make no mistake...you can expect more and more enemy as you near the end of the race.  Much like my last contest, a screenshot will be required from each leg of the race. The screenshot must include, the contestants Trader Lynx at (or passing by) the destination port, the port name clearly seen in the background and the 5 items (specified later) in the open hold. There are 5 legs to this race - each revealed over the first hour. Estimated time for contest 2 hours. (will be held on a weekend)

The contest will be advertised for a few weeks prior to the actual "Hurricane Regatta" to insure maximum participation from Pirates and their enemies.

o7 Captains. Look forward to more updates on "The Hurricane Regatta" soon!

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, DeRuyter said:

I think he means this:

Yes. That is what I was referring to. Thx DeRuyter. The value  and name of some items will probably change. This is why the date for the Hurricane Regatta will be posted after the partial material wipe. That way all references to ships, money and prizes are accurate.

I have been asked a few questions:

Question: Should I have more than one Trader Lynx set up for the Hurricane Regatta (a back up)? 

Answer: I highly recommend having at least 1 back up...if not more. They are not hard to come by - but I would plan ahead. 

Question: Are there any rules or safe guards to help protect contestants from enemies? 

The First Locations/legs of the race will not be given out until the moment the race starts. The other 4 will be given out over the next hour in 15 minute increments. This will help avoid a build up of ganking/hunters at the start. In addition, once all locations are known, the contestant may take whatever route they feel is the safest. The further into the Regatta we get, the easier it will be to know where to be as an enemy....and the more dangerous it becomes for the contestants. I promise you this....once the last destination is revealed... ships will be sinking.

Question: Can you race in a clan group? Or have sacrificial bodyguards sail with you?

Answer: Other than the basic rules that will be formerly announced when the Regatta date is announced, THERE ARE NO RULES. Sail alone...sail with body guards...hec, sail with a huge fleet. The 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be those first, second and third contestants that turn in the 5 required screenshots.  I assure you it will be challenging either way. On that day, there will be Millions upon millions of prize value up for grabs by contestants and enemies.

Edited by Guest

• 3 months later...