Game-Labs Forum

I cringe every time I look at the money in the game ie. You have 1.2 million in the game it shows 1200000   it should be like this 1.200.000 or 1 200 000 this is much clearer and easier to read for your eyes.

• Like 5

Yes, ships overall should be much harder to come by.

I neither trade or build ships usually, and rarely I grind. Still can get hands on any ship at any given time almost. And if i can't right now, I can in couple of hours play.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I'm personally hoping money becomes very hard to come by in the near future....  But i'm one of the weirdos who actually enjoyed the austerity days.

The 15-knot Bellona spam is real.

Not the money problem. It is a speed upgrades problem.

No?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fenris said:

Not the money problem. It is a speed upgrades problem.

No?

Nah, because I think 90% of the ships sailing around should be 4th-7th rates...  but again, that's just my opinion.  Roving bands of 1st rates kind of breaks my immersion.

• Like 8

2 minutes ago, Vernon Merrill said:

Nah, because I think 90% of the ships sailing around should be 4th-7th rates...  but again, that's just my opinion.  Roving bands of 1st rates kind of breaks my immersion.

At least, what i see, there are still less big boats out there, than before wipe...1 Dura is good actually. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Liang Dao Ming said:

Yes, ships overall should be much harder to come by.

7 hours ago, Vernon Merrill said:

I'm personally hoping money becomes very hard to come by in the near future....

No, I joined this game just after the wipe and it was a hell. Nothing like this again please.

8 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

No, I joined this game just after the wipe and it was a hell. Nothing like this again please.

It was hell, that's why it was so good. There was actual nation-wide effort to get things done. That first week where everyone was scrambling around trying to get their surprise and idef fitted, the US amassing a 100 something players to take a coal port just so we could make longs, bands of small ships swarming large AI traders for their loot. It was brilliant cohesion.

Now its do trade runs for another few million to dump on a 5/5 l'ocean to capital gank for pvp marks for magic ships and OP upgrades. I would LOVE to go back to the punch you in the mouth gameplay of patch 10 with some minor tweaks and quality of life and of course, new player protections.

But of course everyone wants to sail their damn 1st rates everywhere and for everything amassing more money than they can even spend playing the game with no loss. The goal use to be survive and thrive, now it's build a couple hundred million and play the game with utmost comfort with the only thing getting dented being people's pride.

Can't wait to get some of this back with no magic wallet and real world currencies, a return to good ol' realistic, challenging NA.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Sure.

http://steamcharts.com/app/311310

Taking the player losses from last year's July and August, about 56.5 % of the players did not agree with you and most likely haven't returned to the game since.

The population ALWAYS drops between patches. If you wanna go off those charts alone then post patch 10 had more success than the game does now, with 100 or so more average players.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Games like Naval Action reflect reality with the type of players they build...no/low risk creates lazy people who don't want to do hard stuff that challenges them.  and when they opt out when things do get hard, that says more about them than the game...but for the rest of us to have a game to play....there needs to be a balance and some tolerance for those who enjoy something other than PVP.  This is the only game I play and I enjoy many aspects of it...long quiet sails to visit each and every port in the game.  Crafting fun ships to sail and sell. Chatting with folks from all parts of the world who share enjoyment in this game...getting fat and lazy while getting rich is an individual choice...that's part of the game too and you should not try and restrict that natural tendency...except through occasional wipes...;).  Risk and loss are part of adventure and building strong individual people/players...Every one who is in the game has a role to play...It's your choice of what it is...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Why force your gamestyle to other players?

Not everyone enjoy the same ships as you.  First rates can cost around 5 millions once you fit them.

And the austerity days were a pain, each loss was almost a disaster. I still remember when people almost cry because they lose the indefatigable gifted by devs.

Maybe you missed the part where I said that that was “my opinion”?

@Storm Crow put some tags on your post so the Devs will see it.   Yah it's kinda a pain when doing things so the spaces would be nice.

7 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Why force your gamestyle to other players?

Not everyone enjoy the same ships as you.  First rates can cost around 5 millions once you fit them.

And the austerity days were a pain, each loss was almost a disaster. I still remember when people almost cry because they lose the indefatigable gifted by devs.

Though they could limit ports you can keep certain ships at.  Like no war ships keep in freetowns over 4th rate (meaning if you telport to a new port).  1st rates can only be keep in regional owned capital ports.  Stuff like that would limit the number we see along with actually making ports BR limited ship wise.  Actually have ports that are 4th rates only no matter what your BR is for the port.  Other ports 3rd rates and below, or 2nd rates and below.  That means you have to fill it with more lower tier ships than as many big ships as you can.

• Like 1