Game-Labs Forum

Spain Land Jump

4 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

It's intended to be a debug-tool for when you end up at the end of the map and can't get out anymore. That is why we still have it.

Correct. Two intended uses are - stuck in geometry - still happens although extremely rare and getting stuck under duress, like a misplaced mission in shallows ( exit on swords ) or totally lost newcomer.

Also, Tow to Port takes 5 minutes.

I will agree with the empty hold on tow.

Damned !

Stop wasting your time with suggestions, there have been thousands of suggestions for the last 4 years...

I do not give a $*ù to this tow issue, what ONLY matters (urgently) is to get a final NA release !

It's time to pour our cristal tank into the ocean for God sake !!

Stop feeding this forum, Dev's must finish their work asap and fulfil what has been promised for so long.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Celtiberofrog said:

Damned !

Stop wasting your time with suggestions, there have been thousands of suggestions for the last 4 years...

I do not give a $*ù to this tow issue, what ONLY matters (urgently) is to get a final NA release !

It's time to pour our cristal tank into the ocean for God sake !!

Stop feeding this forum, Dev's must finish their work asap and fulfil what has been promised for so long.

Best reply of the year :) .

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Lars Kjaer said:

Let tow to port go to the nation capital and removing the current use of the mechanic..

And for the cartoon nations just remove the tow to port.. Should be hardcore anyway..

Tow to capital is a much greater exploit than tow to nearest non-capital. You can teleport with a huge load of White Oak across the whole map, without any risk (or in case of an empty load, have up to 4 ships towed to capital after a long trade run).

Removing tow to port for hardcore nations is a bad idea - this feature was introduced to fix a problem of sailing out of the map and not being able to go back. If you remove it, from time to time player will be stuck outside the map and will have to reset his account to get back (it happened to me 4 times). That's not the type of "hardcore" which we aim for in hardcore nations.

It would be simplier to allow tow to port only on an empty load - no repairs and no cargo - and to tow to any closest port in the same region, regardless if it's a regional capital or not.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 3

30 minutes ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Easyfix allow tow to take you to regional capitals. This was removed when pbs wereonly atregion capitals. Now yyou cant join pb for 3 min after towing soits all resolved 

Sadly that only solves half the problem. Spaniards with parisians can still teleport to mariel. But still, would solves exploits like back when you were russians and used teleport from carta to barranquilla to revengefleet a swedish PB fleet.

Edited by Nelsons Barrel

17 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Correct. Two intended uses are - stuck in geometry - still happens although extremely rare and getting stuck under duress, like a misplaced mission in shallows ( exit on swords ) or totally lost newcomer.

Also, Tow to Port takes 5 minutes.

I will agree with the empty hold on tow.

Empty hold on tow is bad cause the one time I got stuck behind the map I was AFK sailing with a load of Bermuda Cedar back to the US coast and got stuck behind the north side of the map.  I couldn't teleport cause back than you had to have an empty hold.  Instead I had to spend an hour and half trying to back track behind the map until I found the open to get out.   Other wise I would of just used the tow feature.

10 hours ago, Coraline Vodka said:

Easyfix allow tow to take you to regional capitals. This was removed when pbs wereonly atregion capitals. Now yyou cant join pb for 3 min after towing soits all resolved 

Make it so that if your in a regions it takes you to that region capital even if another is closer on the other side of a map.  So in this example OG posted it would send you to Pinar any way even though your closer to the Havana capital side.

5 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I was AFK sailing

In a perfect world you wouldn't sail afk, you wouldn't get stuck, you wouldn't have to tow :) - the "player choice" factor still remains and opens way to getting stuck, like you correctly pointed out by choosing to sail afk. Is it a player issue or a "mechanic" issue ?

We humans are abhorrent things when it comes down to bend rules to our own benefit.

Just a reminder for all those that weren't around:

- Tow to Capital was in game, to get people unstuck, when there was no production buildings. We all had to sail from port to port gathering resources. Nothing was guaranteed by mere harvest. Surely after the introduction of Contracts it became slightly better, but sailing was mandatory.

52 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

In a perfect world you wouldn't sail afk, you wouldn't get stuck, you wouldn't have to tow :) - the "player choice" factor still remains and opens way to getting stuck, like you correctly pointed out by choosing to sail afk. Is it a player issue or a "mechanic" issue ?

We humans are abhorrent things when it comes down to bend rules to our own benefit.

Just a reminder for all those that weren't around:

- Tow to Capital was in game, to get people unstuck, when there was no production buildings. We all had to sail from port to port gathering resources. Nothing was guaranteed by mere harvest. Surely after the introduction of Contracts it became slightly better, but sailing was mandatory.

But the fact was I still got stuck behind them map.  For all I care make the unstock button a once a week cool down or even once a month as folks don't get stuck that often and it will solve any of the abuse telport for game play issues.

As for reason AFK sailing you ever made that trip it takes for ever lol   I'm not going to sit and stare at the monitor for 2 hours.   If I got caught I got caught, but that was back in a days we didn't have better wood options for speed builds and such too.  Hell I don't even know the last time I used cedar for anything.

• Like 1

I am still wondering why we dont have any game mechanic that let us use npc traders to transport our stuff from a to b. instead we need alt accounts to afk sail for hours. Earlier we had at least a transport mechanic that let us transport goods from one free town to another, helped a lot against afk sailing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Nelsons Barrel said:

I am still wondering why we dont have any game mechanic that let us use npc traders to transport our stuff from a to b. instead we need alt accounts to afk sail for hours. Earlier we had at least a transport mechanic that let us transport goods from one free town to another, helped a lot against afk sailing.

Use Search. That exact "I wonder..." issue has been covered by Devs several times in the last 4 years with explanation of the why.

( by the way, no need to get so upped with the replies. no one suggests removing anything, read exactly what is written... there's nothing beyond it...no more no less... jeezze... )

I doubt this particular issue is worth all the drama.  It is certainly NOT worth spending development time on that could be used to get us closer to release and more population.

In the case of Spain, the player has to sit in a known spot for 5min not moving. That's a good target at risk and we all know where to find it. Also, I highly doubt anyone is making lots of gold off Parisian furniture from Santa Fe. Just based on my French experience the competition for the furniture of our multiple deep water ports is so high I rarely get a full load of P Furniture every few days. I can't imagine how competitive it must be with Santa Fe being the only producing port south of Cuba. Not to mention it is a shallow water port so moving the goods is an extra hassle. If this is a problem for you just capture the port and end the Santa Fe to Havanna furniture market.

far worse than this Econ travel distance saver is using tow to port fir combat purposes. We have used it as France to get past screens, paratroop on top of PB fleets and to just plain safely dock into blockaded ports. You think an entire nation competing for one furniture port is worse than all that? Tow to port is just a fact of life in the game. It is semi exploitable like a dozen other necessary game functions. Can we just move on to the bigger things so we can get some players back?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Please use English in the International boards. Much appreciated.

Why don't you remind other users when they write in russian for instance?

Not all the people can talk or write in english. 

2 minutes ago, _Alucard_ said:

Why don't you remind other users when they write in russian for instance?

Not all the people can talk or write in english. 

They do have their Cyrillic language and English versions in the same post. Same as many do post in Castilian ( or any other form of Spanish ) and in English in the same post. Two faults don't make a right.

End of debate.

11 hours ago, Graf Bernadotte said:

The fight about tow to port is no fight for a better game mechanic. It's a fight to defeat enemies without the need of sinking them.

It's a fight to remove unfair advantages and to eliminate overuse of features not designed to be used this way.

Tow to port is a last step in any risky trade run - you teleport to a port to eliminate a risk that someone will catch you. It prevents many fights from happening. 

A great option would be to introduce a 2 minute cooldown after you teleport, during which you can't enter to any port. @Ink, maybe it could be introduced? :)

• Like 2

You could also simply disable tow to port when player is not outside of the map and not in a deep water ship on shallows :) It would make this feature work for what it was intended for. You could then even remove all timers for user's comfort. 

5 hours ago, Banished Privateer said:

It's unstuck feature, when you get stuck outside the map or in shallows after battle. Git gud Lars and stop bullying "hardcore" nations because you don't like them.

lol if it doesn't take more to bully the "hardcore" nations then I really don't believe the hardcore nations are all that hardcore..