Game-Labs Forum

Please make the Saint Pavel great again!

I miss sailing the Pavel. Its popularity has had some ups and downs in this game, but now its almost useless and needs a buff. The Bellona has more speed and better turn rate and chasers, while the Bucentaure has more firepower and around the same speed. 

So imo the St. Pavel is missing "magic mojo" to make it a viable option. It used to be fast, powerfull and have very good turnrate. I miss sailing it and I miss seeing other players sailing it as well. It is a seriusly good looking ship!  

Here I read that the Saint Pavel had 18 pd on the 3. deck: https://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=21416
I'm not sure how historical correct the info is, but if we could get the 6 pd cannons on the 3. deck replaced with 18 pd it would become much more powerfull. Add a speed buff or turn rate buff and the Pavel is back! I think.. :D

• Like 3

It needs it's speed and turn rate back for sure, it's way under gun compare to the Bucc.  Hell have to check but I think the Bucc is even faster than her now.  Going off 3 deck looks like devs went with her later config and not early.

.1794Broadside Weight = 1356 Russian Pood (15345.96 lbs 6929.424 kg)RWAS
Lower Gun Deck6 Russian 1-Pood Edinorog (1780)
Lower Gun Deck24 Russian 36-Pounder
Upper Gun Deck6 Russian 1-Pood Edinorog (1780)
Upper Gun Deck26 Russian 24-Pounder
Quarterdeck/Forecastle24 Russian 18-Pounder
Roundhouse4 Russian 1/4-Pood Edinorog

1798Broadside Weight = 1131 Russian Artillery Pound (12264.09 lbs 5537.9304 kg)RWAS
Lower Gun Deck6 Russian 1-Pood Edinorog (1780)
Lower Gun Deck24 Russian 36-Pounder
Upper Gun Deck4 Russian 1-Pood Edinorog (1780)
Upper Gun Deck26 Russian 24-Pounder
Quarterdeck/Forecastle24 Russian 6-Pounder

And yes she had poods back than it.  Would be interested if they made her mix deck like the prince and added slots that only Poods can fill or nomal 18's.  I would move those 4 guns every one hates to her bow and make them chasers.  Which would give her something diffrent over the bucc actual chasers and Honestly the 6 lbs are pretty much worthless at that tier other than shooting small boats and chaining sails.  Would be interesting if it got 18's instead of the 42's carros the bucc can carry.  It would make it more the chaser range support ship while the Bucc is the up close brawler.

Pavel has great hull shape, making it a perfect tank ship. People don't want to sail Pavel due to his lower firepower, however every time I sail it I get questions of what my ship is made of. It has it's uses, just not the ones that give you more PvP marks :)

14 hours ago, Tiedemann said:

I miss sailing the Pavel. Its popularity has had some ups and downs in this game, but now its almost useless and needs a buff. The Bellona has more speed and better turn rate and chasers, while the Bucentaure has more firepower and around the same speed. 

So imo the St. Pavel is missing "magic mojo" to make it a viable option. It used to be fast, powerfull and have very good turnrate. I miss sailing it and I miss seeing other players sailing it as well. It is a seriusly good looking ship!  

Here I read that the Saint Pavel had 18 pd on the 3. deck: https://threedecks.org/index.php?display_type=show_ship&id=21416
I'm not sure how historical correct the info is, but if we could get the 6 pd cannons on the 3. deck replaced with 18 pd it would become much more powerfull. Add a speed buff or turn rate buff and the Pavel is back! I think.. :D

Just like the Essex the Pavel needs captains that sail her. Captains that dont look at numbers and scrap her before she is even build. We have a factor that cant be put in numbers and that is captain skill and that impact shouldnt be neglected.

by the way pavel is faster than buc downwind....

Edited by z4ys