Game-Labs Forum
jodgi

Bug - bot firing angles

I've done this post many, many times. Bots still have much wider firing angles than players.

• Like 5

Nothing scientific, but I have noticed that the AI TBrig fires her stern chasers at a crazy angle when I'm sliding up beside it.  What's more strange is that when you capture the TBrig with the crazy angle-firing stern cannon, the ship does not have stern chasers...only broadside guns....

9 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Can anyone stack ALL shooting angle increase modules, books, encyclopedias and perks and record the shooting ?

Thanks.

Someone showing vanilla snow stern sector would suffice, actually. No % boost can reach this far for players.

(I did a post a long time ago with brig and stern angles showing the extreme diff between firing sector for players compared to bots)

• Like 2

Just now, jodgi said:

Someone showing vanilla snow stern sector would suffice, actually. No % boost can reach this far for players.

(I did a post a long time ago with brig and stern angles showing the extreme diff between firing sector for players compared to bots)

say 20% - 25% increase stack, that's 11º - 12º increase...

• Like 1

Just now, Hethwill said:

say 20% - 25% increase stack, that's 11º - 12º increase...

The TBrig (AI) stern chasers fire at more than 45degrees (or at least the smoke jets out at a very sharp angle)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Nothing scientific, but I have noticed that the AI TBrig fires her stern chasers at a crazy angle when I'm sliding up beside it.  What's more strange is that when you capture the TBrig with the crazy angle-firing stern cannon, the ship does not have stern chasers...only broadside guns....

All NPC ships loose bow and stern chasers when captured

Edited by Eleazar de Damas
  • Like 2

AI don't cheat lalalalalala, that's what admin said. Shot logs was one of the tools to be a solid proof about AI cheating, boom! Shot log removed, was just text bug, not AI cheating. Even with all stackable mods you will never get AI angles. Hell, AI had such angles before skill books! Back when we didn't have anything more than Pellew Sights... Hethwill even ever heard about the nerf of all angle books? Yea, they got a massive nerf at some point.

Whoa, whoa! Mellow down. This is just a tiny thing. Fuck bots, right?

• Like 2

Its very unlike the internet to blow up over a tiny thing.

Also #FuckBots

Edited by Aster
  • Like 3

@jodgi

This is my view or take on it and am not familiar with the current mechanics so please correct me if wrong.

Obviously, they the NPCs don’t cheat, @admin said so...

However, they come with certain buffs that we the PC can’t access. Normally the NPC ship will be a Wood type/CREW configuration. They will carry Marines. The amount will be double that of which a Similar PC with the same ship config could carry.

The NPC Ship normally is fitted with Medium cannons as standard not Longs across all tiers. So, the crew build helps to fit in the extra marines. The mediums require lower manpower drain than longs so full gunnery works even with the added marine contingent.

If they the NPCs had any Mod it would be the [Swing Bed and Elevating Screw]. It was a very regular pickup from any NPC wreck or successful boarding. This gives to all decks a min/max addition to I believe Swing & Elevation of +5%.

Then it (the mod) says “NONE I FIREZONE max Horizontal angle +5%. This I believe is the white full target area you see when in fire mode. If we take a broadside gun view the first and last cannons outlier angle would receive a 5% boost from the base zone number. Now the two added horizontal boosts could give quite an extension to ships range and with the outer cannons rounded from the Hull design rather than flush with the others adding to the extreme angle.

The only Other Mod [Sur le Cannonage a Bord] this giving a Dispersion boost of -4% per 100m and Min/Max Cannon angle of +5%. However, this one I don’t believe was popular from NPC pickups.

Even sticking with the Swing Bed, the real benefits of it don’t surface until much larger ships rather than the below frigate unrated tiers mentioned. This then implies for the super accuracy to occur Horizontal dispersion is -100% or totally accurate for the medium cannon...

Gun                  H-disperse 100m         V-disperse 100m         Range

Carros              8                                  16                                450m

Mediums          5                                  13                                1200m

Longs              4                                  12                                1400m

Looks like a Bug to me...

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance
  • Like 2

Oh, banished, my dear banished!

You're a pitbull that doesn't let up your bite no matter what.

You're even going to read that as a compliment, you little shit!

😘

• Like 2

11 hours ago, jodgi said:

Oh, banished, my dear banished!

You're a pitbull that doesn't let up your bite no matter what.

You're even going to read that as a compliment, you little shit!

😘

Just wondering what's worse, me stubborn, not giving up or someone else totally ignoring the case and issue throwing it aside and trying to convince everyone that everything is just fine 🤔

I know the ai can shoot at some weird angles but they also have no repairs, show you their weak side and are predictable, So I can live with it :)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

I know the ai can shoot at some weird angles but they also have no repairs, show you their weak side and are predictable, So I can live with it :)

I would rather live with AI doing more damage, having more HP, reloading faster etc. than shooting at IMPOSSIBLE angles. I say no, but thanks for this:

image.png.22e0f3767bd708820d09c784c98091f9.png

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Shrez said:

@Devs plz fix cheating A.I.

Pls change book staking ..it is OP 😉 Thats what AI does they stack....

• Like 1

@PG Monkey

Absolutely agree, the NPC can’t micro manage either. So, under crewed sails slows the ship down on all aspects of movement. Under crewed Gunnery reload etc. Only a few losses in each department shows visibly in its peak performance. With the over stocked Marines not been able to help they become just a dead weight.

@Banished Privateer

I would like to see the Ai have the ability to repair also but that’s for another thread. They the NPCs don’t fire at IMPOSSIBLE ANGLES in my opinion. The Hull angles on the last and first cannons, add the popular screw mod gives a lot more angle. Its the IMPOSSIBLE ACCURACY.

You or any other PC will suffer from the enemy ships angle giving additional THICKNESS over its base stern number. Your Cannonballs Penetration value suffers and, in our case, we never deliver ordinance to the same scale or accuracy as the NPC can which is the bug.

In the NPCs case the bug delivering -100% Horizontal dispersion (my theory) gives absolute accuracy to every shot from the heavy damaging Medium Cannons. Every shot aimed is delivered spot on. I genuinely don’t believe its stacking at all because the stack can’t deliver super accuracy in the same volumes...

Norfolk.

Edited by Norfolk nChance

1 hour ago, Banished Privateer said:

Ever wondered why NPC & Forts/Towers always destroy your rudder/pump & magazine? No matter from where they shoot.

20171206014212_1.thumb.jpg.fa463a927ba5d84d8b8bf926ba999026.jpg

AI shooting pattern. The bastards aim at the rudder. (I was sailing broadside to broadside with an AI for 15mins at 150-100m distance)

Edited by z4ys

9 minutes ago, z4ys said:

20171206014212_1.thumb.jpg.fa463a927ba5d84d8b8bf926ba999026.jpg

AI shooting pattern. The bastards aim at the rudder.

OK, but how do they aim at magazine and pump? So far as I played NA shooting/sniping magazine is impossible, but forts & towers keep doing it. Pump is more of a guess and sometimes works, but again AI does it better.

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

OK, but how do they aim at magazine and pump? So far as I played NA shooting/sniping magazine is impossible, but forts & towers keep doing it. Pump is more of a guess and sometimes works, but again AI does it better.

its a matter of penetration. Stacked pen mods will do the job. Even a player managed to shoot the mag on my niagara yellow after a bow rake. (trinc vs niagara) he might have had the perfect angle to shoot through the deck into the mag.