Game-Labs Forum

Games dying, as a communtity lets band together to change it...

Gamers,

Thought I'd start a post to see if we can come together to come up with ways to bring more gameplay to a game that is slowly dying WITHOUT....Any name calling he did she did this BS.

Firstly I believe that due to the numbers Alliances shouldn't currently be in the game, maybe trade agreements if anything due to certain nations not having capitals.

Secondly, there are some great clans in this game that many have complained about the lack of RvR/PvP yet I have never seen you guys actually fight each other, I personally would love to see a live stream or YouTube video or some of the top clans with there best players going at it in a port battle. But instead its lets gank and bully the lesser nation....Come on guys give yourself some real content never know you might actually have some fun ;)

This may actually let the smaller nations find some RvR against a nation in a similar state as them, which will help them develop as players and nations.

Brings me nicely on to seal clubbing... guys I know we all like the easy PvP marks but when a coastline or capital is getting consistently hammered this game will never grow, if a player with less ability cant feel safe in and around its reinforcement zone then why the hell would he leave and actually feel confident sailing around the huge map we have looking for PvP. We all remember the grind of getting started, getting that new good ship, with good upgrades and yet a newer player is going to keep losing it outside his capital then you cant moan at them for not coming out of the reinforcement zones. I don't know the answer for this but would love to hear the opinion from others on how to help the issue, because as of right now this game is going in the wrong direction, I know people are waiting on a patch but still we all know there's something as a gaming community we can do to help.

Finally a small request to the devs, can you please look into putting descriptions in telling us what certain books/upgrades actually do, you have the room there to do it. A description as in literally an idiots guide on what each book/perm does.

Thanks, Look forward to peoples opinions.

Edited by Hammy
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hammy said:

Secondly, there are some great clans in this game that many have complained about the lack of RvR/PvP yet I have never seen you guys actually fight each other, I personally would love to see a live stream or YouTube video or some of the top clans with there best players going at it in a port battle.

There is no global alliance where people say "Hey lets not fight each other, lets only kill noobs around capitals, its much more fun." Sure those people exist, but the main problem is that PvP zone RoE is completely broken. Where else could you go to find a fight? Do a PB? Well have fun grinding stupid AI for hours first to have a fight tomorrow. And even then most ports are worthless and you would be better off without them.

So when you throw around the argument that clans are avoiding each other, can you name those clans please? The only one which comes to my mind is Taler and BF since they are allied.

1 hour ago, Hammy said:

But instead its lets gank and bully the lesser nation....Come on guys give yourself some real content never know you might actually have some fun ;)

Yes its stupid and it got suggested many times for years now that rewards should be depending on BR on both sides to make ganking less attractive.

What else can you do currently? Economy is broken, PvE is literally one mission with no variety at all and for PvP you need 3+ hours at least. Not too sure about the state of RvR atm but I dont think there is happening much either.

Edited by Jon Snow lets go
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hammy said:

Brings me nicely on to seal clubbing... guys I know we all like the easy PvP marks but when a coastline or capital is getting consistently hammered this game will never grow, if a player with less ability cant feel safe in and around its reinforcement zone then why the hell would he leave and actually feel confident sailing around the huge map we have looking for PvP. 

Which makes you wonder what they were smoking to change reinforcements from first rates to one useless 5th rate that spends most of it's time stuck in irons or sailing away. 

• Like 2

Determined defender, endy sail profile and speed meta has made the game boring as hell.

Can't even slow down ships at distance with chain changes.

Changes to rienforcements in capital area's was a big mistake i think also.

Seeing Big ships flying around at 15knts is also a joke, max speed should be linked to ship rating; higher ship rating lower max speed attainable.

Shallow PB's are a joke with super herc fleets, which means we don't even flip ports now - is pointless.

But as Admin has said a few times they know what they want from game, leave them to it.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Dibbler said:

Determined defender, endy sail profile and speed meta has made the game boring as hell.

Can't even slow down ships at distance with chain changes.

Changes to rienforcements in capital area's was a big mistake i think also.

Seeing Big ships flying around at 15knts is also a joke, max speed should be linked to ship rating; higher ship rating lower max speed attainable.

Shallow PB's are a joke with super herc fleets, which means we don't even flip ports now - is pointless.

But as Admin has said a few times they know what they want from game, leave them to it.

I like the changes to chain tbh.

Also, the speed meta is nothing like it used to be. I never build fast ships (except for my LGVR) and have no troubles. Keep sending fir ships with elite spanish my way 😎

Otherwise, I can agree with the rest. Admin did say it best: 

admin1.thumb.png.1b9645f225504e543490cf416b6267f9.png

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I like the changes to chain tbh.

Also, the speed meta is nothing like it used to be. I never build fast ships (except for my LGVR) and have no troubles. Keep sending fir ships with elite spanish my way 😎

Otherwise, I can agree with the rest. Admin did say it best: 

admin1.thumb.png.1b9645f225504e543490cf416b6267f9.png

I can live with the chain changes, but it has become annoying as hell with all the super speed modded endy's about.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dibbler said:

I can live with the chain changes, but it has become annoying as hell with all the super speed modded endy's about.

A decent Essex can be a good endy gankship. In combination with a downwind ship endy has by good positioning (sailing out of stern chaser arc) a hard time. But Essex is not a meta ship.

Edited by z4ys

11 hours ago, Hammy said:

Finally a small request to the devs, can you please look into putting descriptions in telling us what certain books/upgrades actually do, you have the room there to do it. A description as in literally an idiots guide on what each book/perm does.

• Like 1

The road to single player is clear then. But from what I've been researching from plenty of games (mmo types) it seems a vulgar request.

- want to play a multiplayer game...single -

o7

Just now, rediii said:

Is there any full loot rvr game on the market holding itself without real safe zones? (multiplayer)

MMO archetype ? Not many. Mechanics vary a lot though. Example of "Reds vs Blues" types of mmos where "nation supply" gets depleted and everyone loses, not only this one player.

Multiplayer, plenty.

3 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

The road to single player is clear then. But from what I've been researching from plenty of games (mmo types) it seems a vulgar request.

- want to play a multiplayer game...single -

o7

This game is good enough and big enough to handle both the single players and the groups.  I want both.  Roll out with the clan and do something epic.  Then go out and trade by myself.  No one wants to lose their ship in the carnage of the Patrol Zone?  I'll buy something off the shelf and have a laugh.  Solo hunt in a fast ship in enemy territory.  Or just grind slots somewhere safe when there is no one around. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dibbler said:

it has become annoying as hell with all the super speed modded endy's about.

I haven't really noticed any Endy's being OP fast. Teak Endy's have fairly low base speed and Spanish/Pirate Rig Refit didn't work that well (imo) when I tested it. I sail Endy from time to time and mine do about 13.3 knots. My ship of choice is the Belle Poule which has almost identical sailing profile:

frigates.thumb.png.ce78d36d9c9a526a4ee40c7ee9ce9f2d.png

Are you saying they need to nerf the Belle Poule speed too? Because you can argue that same thing can be done to BP as whats being done to Endys.

IMO, this has been the most balanced the ships have ever been. If I were to complain about OP speed mods, it would be the 15.5 knot 4th-2nd rates. 

15 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I haven't really noticed any Endy's being OP fast. Teak Endy's have fairly low base speed and Spanish/Pirate Rig Refit didn't work that well (imo) when I tested it. I sail Endy from time to time and mine do about 13.3 knots. My ship of choice is the Belle Poule which has almost identical sailing profile:

Are you saying they need to nerf the Belle Poule speed too? Because you can argue that same thing can be done to BP as whats being done to Endys.

IMO, this has been the most balanced the ships have ever been. If I were to complain about OP speed mods, it would be the 15.5 knot 4th-2nd rates. 

Thing is Endy used to be good  with wind and total garbage against wind,  the changes to sail profiles have made it one of best ship sail profiles and now is fast upwind also.  I guess though any changes to profiles will create a few Meta ships, the BP and it's amazing deflecting properties for instance.  Whatever changes to profiles will result in one ship or the other being used almost exclusively, would just be nice to see more variety out there being used (when you actually find someone). :)

Totally agree though about Bigger ships being able to attain crazy speeds.

Edited by Dibbler
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

but chasers and imba chain :D lol give chasers to belle poule and it might become meta. But what else can be expected when forming up like _45289636_clubb1hr-1.jpg while chasing.

It has to be easy! Playing non chaser ships isnt.

4 hours ago, rediii said:

Fix RvR

Make safezones realy safe pve heaven and give a message leaving them. Close holes in between safeports

fix pvp zone roe

Thats the biggest issues with existing mechanics atm. Safezone hybrid is not working. RvR and pvp zone issues are known already

These suggestions keep returning again and again. I would add a rapid bell sound when leaving the area. 

Edited by Wind
  • Like 2

Also with it now been tested, I'm interested to see what the feedback is about the Port battle timer cost. I personally think it hasn't worked and that less Port battles are happening due to the costs???

1 hour ago, Hammy said:

Also with it now been tested, I'm interested to see what the feedback is about the Port battle timer cost. I personally think it hasn't worked and that less Port battles are happening due to the costs???

The way I see it: 

If the port is not worth the cost, either (A) don't set a timer and be ready to defend at any time or (B) don't own the port in the first place. 

A lot of people are complaining the costs are too much. But they are talking about ports that are worthless to begin with. Wich leads me to think that the problem lies with port value (not port costs). If more value were brought to worthless ports, then timer costs could be justified.

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, rediii said:

even planetside has a safezone

EvE has a huge safezone (I dont know all mechanics of eve but high sec is as safe as it can get right? not talking about suicideganking which is a thing in NA aswell ... or could be)

Eve's high-sec safezone is "safe"

2 differences i can see to NA

1. Concord NPC is gauraunteed to come after x amount of seconds (where X is determined by the security level, the higher the level the faster they come) and the attackers ship is 100% dead on arrival everytime. But the player still gets a chance to kill the one he is shooting.

2. If a player, or group wants to safely attack another player or group in the safezone, they have to "declare a war" on that player's corporation (clan). The starting NPC corporations cannot be targeted by a war.

The closest NA has ever come to a safezone treatment like this was when it was the super 1st rate reinforcements. I honestly didn't see anything wrong with them. 

As you have said before rediii, fix the pvp zone RoE and it will solve most problems of OW content....at least for now.

Edited by Teutonic
  • Like 4

18 hours ago, rediii said:

even planetside has a safezone

EvE has a huge safezone (I dont know all mechanics of eve but high sec is as safe as it can get right? not talking about suicideganking which is a thing in NA aswell ... or could be)

It is (High-Sec) a sort of huge safe zone but it’s so large its more comparable to our PvE server it’s not small in size or comparison to Null-Sec either maybe a 25% of Null-Sec. Don’t quote me on that. The Map below the central Dark area is High-Sec(PvE). The rest surrounding colored zones are null-sec (PvP).

You are correct also there is Seal Clubbers, mission gankers etc within High-Sec preying on new players. Just look at the PvE total size it is massive.

NA-OW...

I still feel strongly that the New Player start should be always in PvE and after reaching a rank and craft level access is allowed onto the PvP server. So, a wider training introduction. This in its self won’t help directly with PvP but will start him on the right track with familiarity and Co-Op game play. The AGONY introduction helps so now the new player can survive without convoluted mechanic overlays to get the safe zones to actually work... 

http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/25951-idea-norfolk-nnoob-goes-gank-ing/?tab=comments#comment-553556

evemap.png

• Like 2