Game-Labs Forum

Looking for Desk Suggestions

Iroquois Confederacy

I've been in the process of buying a house, and finally, things are settling down on that front.  We close tomorrow morning!  However, the desk I've been using for years is something I got from a garage sale that's just clunky and bolted together to keep it standing.  I'd like to actually get myself a nice, proper desk.

Ideally, it would be something that could be shipped to me, but, I actually thought I'd reach out and ask for suggestions as to what other people have and like, while trying to keep the budget below $500.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

Have you considered a standing desk? They're adjustable so you can use it as a normal desk, or set it higher for a more comfortable standing or sitting position so you aren't putting loads of pressure on your lower back. I've never used one but compared to my tiny little computer table that I have to pull up like a pair of pants to sit normally, looks pretty comfortable
71WUXvypztL._SX425_.jpg

Edited by Slim McSauce

Buy some wood and make your own, it's easy if you just make a basic desk, for 500 bucks you can make something that would cost you several thousands in shops. Or could you spend 150 and make it look 600.

If you cannot borrow the gear from a buddy or a shop, you can ask your local woodworker for a quote, obviously a bit higher priced than doing it yourself and you loose on the fun. Some rural woodworkers are dirt cheap ( usually the ones that don't even have a website ).

Say something like this ( random pic ).

lovely-live-edge-slab-desk-custom-wood-d

It's really just some dirty planks to get shipped to you, clean them up ( need a tool, mask, goggles ), put some laque, fix it together, done. Google is your friend.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard
  • Like 2

Bush Business Furniture WCXXX66 Series A Corner desk. They also have a rectangular desk. They are strong as hell. Corner desk has cable port in the back. There are troughs located on the inside panels for running cables as well. The rectangular desk is wider and has cable ports at the sides plus the same trough running along the rear desk panel. Nice height on both of them. The corner desk lists for around $300. 

18 hours ago, Iroquois Confederacy said:

I've been in the process of buying a house, and finally, things are settling down on that front.  We close tomorrow morning!  However, the desk I've been using for years is something I got from a garage sale that's just clunky and bolted together to keep it standing.  I'd like to actually get myself a nice, proper desk.

Ideally, it would be something that could be shipped to me, but, I actually thought I'd reach out and ask for suggestions as to what other people have and like, while trying to keep the budget below $500.  Any suggestions are appreciated!

The desk I would choose is the one the wife likes the most.

I always know who wears the trousers in my household.

When Asked “Norfolk are you a man or mouse...?”

I always answer “eek eek where’s the cheese?”

• Like 2