Game-Labs Forum

9 hours ago, z4ys said:

that should be part of an additional suggestion regarding pb (for example) to assign 1 or 2 battle commanders with additional tools. But irl the battle plan was done the day before not during the battle.

"The tactical result of an engagement forms the base for new strategic decisions because victory or defeat in a battle changes the situation to such a degree that no human acumen is able to see beyond the first battle. In this sense one should understand Napoleon's saying: "I have never had a plan of operations." 
Therefore no plan of operations extends with any certainty beyond the first contact with the main hostile force."  Helmuth von Moltke - Chief of Staff of Prussian General Staff

He's pretty much the one that started the saying that many use where, "No battle plan last past the first shot fired."   That is why I never make big battle plans just basic set up according to where the other team might enter.

9 hours ago, z4ys said:

Is everyone in voice when doing random battles in capital waters for example?

Deaf people play the game as well and it could be an awesome tool  for them.

US Nation has a Deaf player in it and well there are just some players that refuse to use team speak.   In those few cases we just type added orders into the game, other wise pretty much every one is in TS.  We have a Coastal Gaurd area for a reason in our TS.  I"m sure it's like this with just about every nation, but a few simple commands in game would be nice.  Nothing fancy just so folks can respond without filling up TS with voice commands. I'm low tone deaf in one ear and about 50% hear lost. I do battle coms at times (did take a big break mainly cause burned out) but if there is a lot of clutter in TS a I can't hear what folks might say.  It would be nice if some one just has to say, "Affirmative" in game and I can see that isntead of having half a dozen folks say it in TS.   Are if folks see "Target z4ys" instead of me saying it or a battle group leader saying it.   Though even than most folks newish to big battles are so lost and don't use the mini map.  There been times I asked some one, "Hay can you focus on that guy to your right he's almost dead and alone."  They will be, "WHAT GUY?"  When it's the only red dot (or blue for color blind mode) on the Mini map right next to them.  Plan as day it's an enemy ship on the mini map they are coming up to.  Most us experience players use the M map a lot in battle to see how things go, but a lot of players can't even use the mini map cause they get so tunnel vision in fights.  

• Like 2