Game-Labs Forum

World Cup (annual event)

42 minutes ago, Christendom said:

Make it clan or group level based.

I’d be down to help organize and stream

agree - clan based will be 10x better and easier to arrange.

• Like 7

Maybe next year. Right now, there are too many things that need attention in this game to divert any effort toward this event.

1 minute ago, Headless Parrot said:

Maybe next year. Right now, there are too many things that need attention in this game to divert any effort toward this event.

they use an already coded part of NAL so not really a big effort

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Then propose something better. 

All I am pointing out is the more rare and OP items you give to the elite the more you alienate the rest of the playerbase. I am not saying they should just give away items to everyone, but there should be different routes to obtain such rare items not only the same group of hardcore elite players getting it every time. I have no issue with them having tournaments and other such content, but it is the giveaways of super rare items and OP mods to the same group all the time that gets me. (and dont worry I know the response from the super elite will be "git gud").

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Archaos said:

All I am pointing out is the more rare and OP items you give to the elite the more you alienate the rest of the playerbase. I am not saying they should just give away items to everyone, but there should be different routes to obtain such rare items not only the same group of hardcore elite players getting it every time. I have no issue with them having tournaments and other such content, but it is the giveaways of super rare items and OP mods to the same group all the time that gets me. (and dont worry I know the response from the super elite will be "git gud").

Tell you what. If I win you can give my stuff to some noob. 

7 minutes ago, Archaos said:

And not to mention a whole server got left out (well PvE still does) in the past when they did these things.  At least this time we will be a part of it, only cause we merged lol

Though I have to agree that the prize really should be cosmetic things not elite rare things.   While I know some of my clan mates might go for this for sure and hell we might even place some where half decent but I'll prob leave that to better players.  I mean what the worst that can happen I actually win a match or two...lol

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And not to mention a whole server got left out (well PvE still does) in the past when they did these things.  At least this time we will be a part of it, only cause we merged lol

We never did this things. Players arranged them - we just provided prizes and coded in (added) a password locked tournament room. 

Also - those tournaments were done in a tournament room and tournament room was available on the PVE server.
Someone pro-active on the PVE server could have arranged it easily. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Roronoa said:

Why are some people against it? If you dont want it, dont be a part of it.

And as @z4ys said:

Let us have some fun :D

I'm not against it, its just the rewards that are being offered for very rare ships and OP modules make the gap between the average player and elite player even bigger. If it was just a reward of paint or other cosmetic item I would have no issue. The more the game caters to the elite the more they alienate the average player to a point where they will not even bother to compete.

All we ever seem to hear about now regarding new ships is that they will be super rare or premium content. Now I can accept to a degree premium content as the work to put this content in the game has to be paid for, but only giving rare items to elite players which gives them a further advantage in game is not right. To use the football analogy, the winners of the world cup do not get as a reward some super rare set of football shoes that makes them play better, no they get a cup and the winners medal which gives them no on pitch advantage in their next match apart from maybe self induced fear their opponents may have that they are facing champions.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, admin said:

Qualifiers can be automated (using code from NA Legends weekend events (based on total wins out of limited number of tries).

Qualifying is lobby based pvp right? Can you explain this better. 

YES!

Which format do you want these to be? Duels, small groups? Since you want to attract the competitive crowd, i suggest to give everyone the same ship OR create a competitive mode where all wood types and mods are available (this might be more interesting, i like to see different specialization).

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, admin said:

We never did this things. Players arranged them - we just provided prizes and coded in (added) a password locked tournament room. 

Also - those tournaments were done in a tournament room and tournament room was available on the PVE server.
Someone pro-active on the PVE server could have arranged it easily. 

Actually you did, by not giving us any mods supoort, we didn't have any mods for over a year.  I would hear folks ask all the time how we set up tournaments and such and the main answer would be, "I don't know."  Cause we had no rep to talk to in game about setting such up.   Yah I knew prob the best way would be to contact you or Ink, but than I'm a very active person on the forums too.  That and there was post in the GLOBAL/PvP2 forums of folks wanting to set up tournaments and such and we got no feed back from the devs or mods, while we would see post answer almost instantly in the EU side.   So while ya'll didn't directly do anything, that is also a problem as there was zero support for either the PvP2 or PvE server from the Dev team for a long time.  That is in the past though so lets leave it at that. 

Though right now many nations have no Moderators or as was posted the concept of Community Reps either.  Things like events and tournaments that will effect the whole server prob should have a group of players that are involved and encourage to do these things with support of the Dev team.  IT's just something to think of before release.  If you want the players to make our own content we prob need some more and better tools than we currently have in game.

With that how would times for these things be handled?  We have a large EU pop of course, but what about any SEA/AUS teams (they get the short end of the stick for every thing from PvP to RvR) or the still some what US population on the game?   Will they be set for time zones or will every one have to do them in the EU prime time?  Would be nice if we had some more details.    I all ready figure we will be doing the matches on weekends during EU prime time most likely since that is when most of the server is active, but it's not the whole server.

Remember folks only a very small part of the player base actually comes on these Forums and even read things.  Most don't have accounts or ever check the forums so something big like this might be good to be announced in game when more details are ironed out.

3 minutes ago, Havelock said:

YES!

Which format do you want these to be? Duels, small groups? Since you want to attract the competitive crowd, i suggest to give everyone the same ship OR create a competitive mode where all wood types and mods are available (this might be more interesting, i like to see different specialization).

Everybody in the same class of ship with no mods.  Wood is a choice (because there are pros and cons).  Snows for the group stages.  Endys for the quarter finals.  Connies for the semis, and Bellonas for the Final! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Oberon74 said:

Everybody in the same class of ship with no mods.  Wood is a choice (because there are pros and cons).  Snows for the group stages.  Endys for the quarter finals.  Connies for the semis, and Bellonas for the Final! 

Would be better to have 3 separate cups. Light ships, frigates and sols. Each have br limits etc 

• Like 1

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Would be better to have 3 separate cups. Light ships, frigates and sols. Each have br limits etc 

Not bad, but....If you want to win the title (whatever it is), shouldn't you be most proficient in all classes?