Game-Labs Forum

World Cup (annual event)

Let's do a sailing/fighting world cup guys?

Nations will create teams that will fight in overall or national qualifiers.
Winning teams will fight against other nations winning teams determining the winner. 

Qualifiers can be automated (using code from NA Legends weekend events (based on total wins out of limited number of tries).
Finals can be done live with volunteers (and streamed).

Prizes will include super rate ships, premium content codes, upgrades and other unique things. 

Thoughts? What do you think?

• Like 24

2 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I prefer a good patch that solves some of the current issues of the game we are tired to repeat them over and over, instead of wasting time on this. This world cup can be done when the game is realeased and actually fun.

Are maybe if it's not something we have to wait for every for, it could be something they bring with the next "BIG PATCH" which we all hope is the UI patch. Would give some fresh new content for folks that been sticking around other than the patch. I like new content don't know about some of ya'll but we could use some more to keep the current players around. Well that and this patch to hurry up and be done with and put in game.  

If it helps implementing automated tournaments, why not? I'm sure an event like this would be superfun - but as you said, there is very easy ways to cheat with alts with so few ppl playing at the time, so this would have to be adressed -  or supervised in my opinion. PS: you said nations, do you consider pyrates to be a nation or would we be excluded from the event?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Anything distracting from that real world "world cup" of shame in Russia is welcome.

What are you talking about? Because its taking place in Russia, its a world cup of shame?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hethwill said:

Should be IRL nation cup :) ( fairly equal to what we did back then in mount&blade warband )

Not clan, not game nation.

wouldnt lead that to timezone issues. But yeah overall its possible to cheat. Just play when the majority of hardcore eu pvplers  is sleeping to polish your statistics because chances of meeting good players during eu night is much lower.

You won't want to read my answer to that comment. You really don't.

If we want, we do have a great time. This is not a #winbuttoncup or a #letsbesorewinnerscup , this is a let's have fun situation.

I hope...

3 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

...have fun...

Fun ends when exceptional rewards are promised or do you want a cheater in a 50million lottery?

Edited by z4ys

30 minutes ago, admin said:

Thoughts? What do you think?

Mixed teams from different nations, 5 vs 5 for example....Not too small and not too big teams.

I think it would be a great fun, reminds me a bit of small battles  :)

Make it clan or group level based.

Most nations are fractured and incapable of making combined decisions, let alone put together an elite team without massive levels of salt.  

Or have maybe have inter nation tournaments to determine who goes on to fight other national teams.  

I’d be down to help organize and stream

———

This is good content creation, but I feel like the only thing that will bring players back now would be one hell of a patch.  

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Christendom said:

———

... bring players back now would be one hell of a patch.  

...super rate ships, premium content codes, upgrades and other unique things

i bet its on the way^^

Edited by z4ys

46 minutes ago, admin said:

Let's do a sailing/fighting world cup guys?

1) Is it possible to use symbolic gifts for each participant of the tournament?( 1 randome paint not tradable, or 1 cooper planting, or 1 5\5 lynx :) or etc...) It will always be profitable

2) If for participation in the tournament, player will need to build a team  - many players  will not participate. ( But you will get stronger party)

3) Modules and captain skills will make fights more exciting ( but less "fair")

4) The problem with time zones requires a decision, if qualifications will be divided on time zones, it is obvious that not all worthy people will get into the playoffs ( the problem of any "eSports" )

I hope the answers to these 4 questions will help you in holding the tournament. Good luck!

• Like 1

I'm down.  How about something crazy like a week-long running total of nation PvP totals...  (obviously converted into PvP marks/national login.)  Main accounts only.

Get EVERYONE out into the OW and fighting...

Just a thought.