Game-Labs Forum

Allow rejoining of a battle

Hello, I think players should be able to rejoin a battle after they have left. let me share an experience I've just had. I was outside of Port Morant and I hopped into a battle cause it looked like this bloke was in trouble based on the br, fortunately he was fine cause it was only ai. there was a lynx left and he had a connie so I left knowing he would be just fine. about 20 secs after I leave I see 3 danish blokes sail up to me and hop in the battle. so then I was stuck, unable to save the poor man in the connie only because I had already been in the battle beforehand. perhaps this is just an edge case, but i'm sure its happened before. Allowing players to rejoin battles, maybe only if the battle situation changes, would certainly fix this from happening.

• Like 2

I can see where being able to rejoin a battle could be abused (you join miles away from the action so you leave and rejoin closer), but we should be able to see who the participants in a battle are so we do not have to waste time checking if someone needs assistance only to find out they are fighting AI.

• Like 1

In cases like 3 vs 1, I would only allow call for help perk that would open up battle to all friendlies again. It should be remained open until numbers are equal. 

Edited by Wind

2 hours ago, Archaos said:

I can see where being able to rejoin a battle could be abused (you join miles away from the action so you leave and rejoin closer), but we should be able to see who the participants in a battle are so we do not have to waste time checking if someone needs assistance only to find out they are fighting AI.

THIS, I was about to make a post talking about this. it makes sense too, if you see a battle happening you should know more about it, I think it would also be a good idea to have a mini representation of the battle in the open world so you can actually know where to join at, I mean it makes 0 sense for a ship coming to the aid of another being put into a random spot where they could be too close to enemys.

4 hours ago, Archaos said:

You do know the placement of the list of who is in the fight and color tells you if it's AI or players.  SO you don't have to just jump into the battle and check.

Being able to return would be abused way more than used for good.  Folks will just jump out repair and jump back in with new ships if they where sunk or bigger ship.  No keep it locked if you leave.  

Now here is a question why was that battle still open?   Battles should not be open for a long time unless he's in the safe zone and than only to the defenders.  That would solve folks jumping into missions.   If you had time to jump in and jump out than it should of been locked.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

You do know the placement of the list of who is in the fight and color tells you if it's AI or players.  SO you don't have to just jump into the battle and check.

Being able to return would be abused way more than used for good.  Folks will just jump out repair and jump back in with new ships if they where sunk or bigger ship.  No keep it locked if you leave.  

Now here is a question why was that battle still open?   Battles should not be open for a long time unless he's in the safe zone and than only to the defenders.  That would solve folks jumping into missions.   If you had time to jump in and jump out than it should of been locked.

it was in the safezone outside of Port Morant

6 hours ago, Edward Bacon said:

it was in the safezone outside of Port Morant

Yah safe zones battles should only stay open for the defenders not the attackers so they can keep joining. I just watched a few hours ago a fight in front of CT that French keep joining (so did US) until they had more US players cause well they killed the US players that keep jumping in to save some one that was long dead.  Right in front of the captial on the very edge of the harbor which is when the safe zone ends before it opens to not safe zone either way for 5K in game.  This where a lot of players get farmed out at the capital and should be safe for players to be in not prime hunting grounds of seal clubbers.   

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Eh??  What list?  Is this something at the crossed swords that we can access in OW?

On 5/21/2018 at 5:32 PM, Edward Bacon said:

knowing he would be just fine. about 20 secs after I leave I see 3 danish blokes sail up to me and hop in the battle.

Ah, yes! Organic PvP best PvP.

(OT but on-point bookmark post, carry on...)