Game-Labs Forum

ships modification & accessory's

hey there I'm Been streaming for a few weeks on naval action & Attrect a huge amount of peoples... But during the weeks there was something missing in the game that bugs me which is painting your ship outer & inner hull to masts & sails. & to go a step further than pirates of the burning sea why not making accessory's to make any other players ship look more unique... Such like a pirate ship with golden skull axcessory's or some ones theme channel like my mascott which is a anthro werewolf from world of Warcraft. Making my ship having a wolf bow figure with wolf themed accessorys for stern sides & bow. Let me know what you guys think in the comments ill be watching this:)

7 minutes ago, Captain Aaron Mograine said:

but what you think of the ships accessory & modifications idea?:)

It's not the first time someone suggested that, but the devs have their priorities in line. That can came later, maybe after release, we never know.

9 minutes ago, Cabral said:

It's not the first time someone suggested that, but the devs have their priorities in line. That can came later, maybe after release, we never know.

oh I didn't knew somebody else made that sugguestion:/

even the accessorys part to change the ships bow figure sides or stern to make it someone's themed ship?

Edited by Captain Aaron Mograine
forgot something to add

As you've suggested and discussed in the past  for Pirates especially it would be great if they had more unique abilities rather than just being nation black.  My understanding like being able to name ships,  this would cause resource impact on servers and DB so shelved for now while devs work on bigger priorities UI & tutorials etc.

Edited by William Wade
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Captain Aaron Mograine said:

but what you think of the ships accessory & modifications idea?:)

We had paints ingame and they will come back it just needs time due to other prio stuff

Edited by z4ys

1 minute ago, Mrgoldstein said:

Yes but please lets keep it realistic and not all kinds of fantasy stuff like is being suggested

There is a portion of the players who would have the ships looking like "Von Richtofen's Flying Circus" if allowed.  Have to be careful here.

• Like 2

Just now, Oberon74 said:

There is a portion of the players who would have the ships looking like "Von Richtofen's Flying Circus" if allowed.  Have to be careful here.

As a Rise of Flight fan I will have to concur. 😎

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Clan pennants, to be hoisted never above or higher than the national one.

That's the one aft and usually the biggest most prominent (The Brits don't actually use their Union Jack, but the Naval Ensign). I would like to see a clan Flag/pennant on the fore mast (if I can't have a logo on the sail...just a little one....25% of the sail area)

• Like 1

"When the Royal Standard only is hoisted any other flag or broad pennant is to be shifted to another mast or to an inferior position or to another ship as the case may require, or in accordance with The Sovereign's pleasure. The masthead pennant is always to be hauled down when the Royal Standard is hoisted."

;)

But yep, for gameplay visuals, sure thing, a fore mast pennant being the fleet ( clan ) one.

oh no I was thinking more into making you're ship look like a actual pirate ship as sample... The good sample I can give is from skulls & bones from ubisoft. The stern part of the big ship... Because what I know so far is that they adding stud like that in their game to make each ship look unique... Wasn't going for some damn circus looking ship... I want the ship have more character to its captains style. Like I'm a pirate werewolf. So I want my ship look black hull & black sails with purple trims with a wolf bow figure & wolf stern figure.

as for others I honestly don't know what their characteristics they want for their ship but I hope you know what I mean with my description.

also since we pay already a fortune to guns resources & ships I'd say the accessory's paint & modification to the ship are free. Only thing tho you have to pay the stuff permanently to use it on any ship.

Edited by Captain Aaron Mograine
recorrecting a word

3 minutes ago, Captain Aaron Mograine said:

oh no I was thinking more into making you're ship lol like a actual pirate ship as sample... The good sample I can give is from skulls & bones from ubisoft. The stern part of the big ship... Because what I know so far is that they adding stud like that in their game to make each ship look unique... Wasn't going for some damn circus looking ship... I want the ship have more character to its captains style. Like I'm a pirate werewolf. So I want my ship look black hull & black sails with purple trims with a wolf bow figure & wolf stern figure.

as for others I honestly don't know what their characteristics they want for their ship but I hope you know what I mean with my description.

also since we pay already a fortune to guns resources & ships I'd say the accessory's paint & modification to the ship are free. Only thing tho you have to pay the stuff permanently to use it on any ship.

LOL, Von Richtofen's Flying Circus

26 minutes ago, Captain Aaron Mograine said:

oh no I was thinking more into making you're ship look like a actual pirate ship as sample... The good sample I can give is from skulls & bones from ubisoft. The stern part of the big ship... Because what I know so far is that they adding stud like that in their game to make each ship look unique... Wasn't going for some damn circus looking ship... I want the ship have more character to its captains style. Like I'm a pirate werewolf. So I want my ship look black hull & black sails with purple trims with a wolf bow figure & wolf stern figure.

Just nope. Paints is enough and is incoming soon.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Captain Aaron Mograine said:

what about our own bow figure at least? I would love to have a wolf bow figure :(

the problem is that they want to have it as realistic as possible. They dont want it to be PotC artstyle with insane customisations. We are lucky that the pirates are able to sail first rates even. pirates often sailed frigates or other smaller ships. Also they never really engaged much warships and were often trade hunters, or sacking towns. Paints and maybe clan flags is probably the most customization we will get