Game-Labs Forum

Dear @admin, in the current state of the game it's slowly becoming impossible to find a somewhat fair fight when sailing alone or in a small group (eg. up to 4 players). By somehow fair I mean a battle of up to 1 vs 4, where there's at least some chance of sinking one of the enemies.

Battles in reinforcement zones most often are eg. 6-8 vs 1. During patrols small group is usually obliterated by a larger group warping in on 1st rates. There's no chance to find an even fight outside of the zone and patrol events, and RvR is too time consuming (boring AI fights) to get a fight, which is not certain you'll get. You also need a group of 7-10 players to efficeintly grind hostility. 

I think it's critical now to fix a patrol zone for it to be what it ment to be - a chance to fight, where both sides agree they want to fight. Without fixing ganks, this goal is not met.

The best and most comprehensive fix would be a BR limit, so that everyone can be reinforced up to 1.5 BR of an enemy (this parameter can be also tuned with time). It means that reinforcements still matter and put you in a disadvantage, but we would avoid a situation where you don't have a chance to sink any of the enemies due to his reinforcements.

Edited by vazco
  • Like 6

29 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I think most of the people have asked this since they were added. Surprised that devs didn't introduce this rule yet.

The main reason I don't go to patrol zones. And probably for many others as we have seen the return of pvp around capitals.

capitals are just the lesser evil.

patrol = grps are organized -> winning is more than 1 click

Capital = AI reinforcements that can be outplayed + defender grps are not organized enough  + open battles -> easy job

getting ganked is possible in both cases so it doesnt really matter

Recently capitols give you large gank of inexperienced players, while patrols smaller gank of overequipped skilled players on 1 st rate. 

You can choose how your pointless death will look like, and count for a miracle that gank will be small - that's it :)

4 minutes ago, vazco said:

Recently capitols give you large gank of inexperienced players, while patrols smaller gank of overequipped skilled players on 1 st rate. 

You can choose how your pointless death will look like, and count for a miracle that gank will be small - that's it :)

that is why the shallow pvp zones are enjoyable. Remove those 1st rates from the equations, cheap ships so a loss is not devastating, and everyone is able to participate.