Game-Labs Forum

Ship without masts, yet with flags.

GreatTimo

Hii there, I am sorry for robbing your time, yet I have one simple question.

I saw a drawing of a ship without masts but like 4-5 flags uppon the ship, HUGE flags. The ship was for the rest, completely good and ready to sail. I dont know why they did that, but I am sure one of you know.

Thanks for your time, have a great day :)

-GreatTimo

781514225_1200px-John_Cleveley_the_Elder_The_Royal_George_at_Deptford_Showing_the_Launch_of_The_Cambridge_(1757).thumb.jpg.9890768b318ccf353433b364c441e8df.jpg

• Like 1

Ahoy,

(and damm I was a tiny bit too late)

to my eyes that looks like a ship fresh out of the shipyards. at least a 2nd rate (looks like 98 to me)

Ofc to celebrate such a massive launch they will flag her like on parade.

Also as said above you launch a ships hull without masts. Depending on the methods even without full planking. And ofc without any cannons attached.

• Like 1

Just now, BungeeLemming said:

Ahoy,

(and damm I was a tiny bit too late)

to my eyes that looks like a ship fresh out of the shipyards. at least a 2nd rate (looks like 98 to me)

Ofc to celebrate such a massive launch they will flag her like on parade.

Also as said above you launch a ships hull without masts. Depending on the methods even without full planking. And ofc without any cannons attached.

Thank you! Thank you very much for your anwser! :D I really wanted to know! :) 

A lot of ships even nowdays, though less, are build with whitout a upperstructure and or guns, for the main reason would be for ballance of the ships, because all the ships are launched either via ramp or drydock whithout any ballast so to build a complete superstructure on could cause a horrible ballance of the ship for she then might capsize over and/or be unrecoverable.

Btw the launching is of HMS Royal George 1756

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ship with flags being sunk

This is more intresting the sinking of the HMS Implaceable, which is a unique sinking on its own due here history

• 3 weeks later...