Game-Labs Forum

The suggestion:

Admiralty offers every player for the duration of a week 3 event vessels of 2 different rates ( rates and vessels are RNG but for all players the same) for free

To Devs:

Some time ago a rework of the Redeem function was announced, implementation could be achieved through a new tab like "Weekly Event redeem"

Details:

• Every player receives 3 ships out of 2 different rates. The ships are equal for all players
  • Wood,build-ins are determined by admiralty
  • perma mods cant be equiped
  • only certain books are allowed
  • claimed or unclaimed ships get deleted after their event week to make room for the next 3 ships
  • Those ships are called for example "Event Cerberus" (they cannot enter pbs, but have normal RoE and can be used in OW) They cannot be captured or used as fleet
  • can not be traded
  • Event ships have reduced pve reward in order to guide players towards pvp *edit*

How outfitting with determined books could work:

20171001122850_1.jpg.21e012e1900101c5e93b5202c782a3d3.thumb.jpg.b778615959d851e4403668ad98ba522a.jpg

Pros:

• reducing fear of loss
  • guide players to all kind of different ships they normally wouldnt use
  • reducing fear of loss
  • give access to ships even for casuals
  •  all players become competitive by giving them "equal equipment"
  • skill matters

Cons:

• Could be used to troll people because free ship - but kind of same like ow captured AI ships and quantity is limited to 3 each week for every account.

/discuss

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

This certainly caters for the absolute casual that just wants to emulate a couple battles, Master and Commander cinematic style, with no interest whatsoever in the Caribbean open world life.

Sounds reasonable.

• Like 1

I like the heart and intent behind this. Something like this may already be planned in the form of tournament.

For OW purposes: Keep in mind they're planning on releasing a premium ship pack, depending on the implementation that may serve somewhat along the lines you're thinking. Also, redeemable ships could compete with premium ship pack to a certain extent.

We'll see, I do love this, though:

1 hour ago, z4ys said:
  •  
  • guide players to all kind of different ships they normally wouldnt use
  • reducing fear of loss
  • give access to ships even for casuals
  •  all players become competitive by giving them "equal equipment"
  • skill matters

"Equal equipment" in OW is also iffy. During cerb week enough players would go out in bigger frigates to murder guys looking for competitive fights, as an example. You might need exclusive event areas for this to work as intended.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jodgi said:

"Equal equipment" in OW is also iffy. During cerb week enough players would go out in bigger frigates to murder guys looking for competitive fights,

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in pressing the win button." - Commander Pompano "Snapper" Confucius, HMS Pimp'Ride

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jodgi said:

"Equal equipment" in OW is also iffy. During cerb week enough players would go out in bigger frigates to murder guys looking for competitive fights

I kind of agree on that. Thats why I added 2 different rates for the event ships.

But my hope is (has to be tested) that the majority of players that play quiet in a corner (because of reasons no time to replace lost ships for example) try out the beauty of player vs player combat. Yes some might fall by the wayside just like (picture below)

maxresdefault.jpg

But I still hope the majority will be able to enjoy

You might need exclusive event areas for this to work as intended.

that should be part of patrol area feedback. Like I said in an other topic " The most fair patrol is Nassau Patrol because shallow ships are almost equal in their fighting capability" And that is an major issue regarding open for all ships zone +  frigate zone

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 2

Make it only taggeble and can tag in patrol zone.

It has limited cargo space 1/3 of original and can only carry repairs and rum.

Give us  the closest freetown to the patrol zone, as a temporary outpost during patrol mission time.

Increase repair/rum ai selling price, 1200 hull / 1000 rig / 100 rum, but spawn them every 10 minutes if any of them has been depleted. So you prevent players buying all repairs and stocking them. No body will sell hull repair for 3000, because ai will produce and list in 5 minutes. But any player who wants profit can sell for 1199/999/99 and still can profit. 

At given ports next to patrol at patrol mission time, spawn ships like  frigates etc. at higher rate, if depleted immediatly spawn more, so nobody can collect and sell them for big profit.

Can you make the SWORDS which marks the battle, more visible, even red colour may be, it is the patrol zone, we want to be in that battle, not going around looking for one.

At some point circle of death shrinks too fast, at that point most ships get damaged and they just die due to circle of death. You do not need that shrink after some time, as kiters already reached the boundary and chasers already got to them. At that point circle just killing the good fun.

These are my ideas aside from good proposition of @z4ys

I like this idea but it may further reduce the willingness for people to buy ships.
What I think would work as well or better is insurance for ships that you pay into every week or so depending on rate, same result achieved as maintenance except you can pay upward of a few million a week to keep a 1st rate insured and feel like you're getting something out of it.

23 minutes ago, Slim McSauce said:

I dont think that it will reduce the willigness for people to buy ships.

• only 3 ships per week
  • cant be traded
  • reduced pve reward (less xp gold mabye reduced drop chance overall)
  • no choice of wood and inbuild
  • no mods
  • no special books

But it opens the door for the dude who has 1-4h time for NA per week and thinking that losing his ship is unaffordable. Furthermore fellow captains that start learning to pvp can do that without to much of a worry.

Introducing an insurance will just help people that dont need help aka hardcore players that already have easy access to most stuff.

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 1