Game-Labs Forum

Shipyard/Workshop....does that mean i have employees that can do the crafting?

instead of stream lining the crafting, why not have a crafting queue? The crafting queue can show how much of the crafting would take away from the crafting hours. once you confirm the queue, you can go off sailing. While sailing, your "employees" craft the items within the queue. After all, when you sail, your time is measured "days at sea".

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Olan Turner said:

instead of stream lining the crafting, why not have a crafting queue? The crafting queue can show how much of the crafting would take away from the crafting hours. once you confirm the queue, you can go off sailing. While sailing, your "employees" craft the items within the queue. After all, when you sail, your time is measured "days at sea".

As I recall that method was discarded in favour of what we have now because it's easier on the servers, it's a matter of optimization.

To be honest the current crafting is not that bad apart of the amount of space needed for all the different woods and components and the fact that you always end up with bits left over. You can use up your labour hours in a couple of minutes each day and go do something else. Even if you had 10 times the LH you have now it is still no more than a few minutes to use them for crafting.

3 hours ago, Olan Turner said:

This is a great idea and I am also speaking for all A.I. Captains and Crew. In case you didnt know, all A.I. crew of every Nation are the members of Parrot Shipyards Local and International work force Union. (Local 111/Int 777). This was confirmed by Headless Parrot who is also well known to be the obvious secret leader of the A.I. Nation of Crew/NPC/Bots. If the posters idea were used, a small but fair monthly fee would naturally need to be paid to Parrot Shipyards International as they are also the directors of the Local and International A.I. Crew Unions. We halfheartedly endorse this idea of an "Independent Crew Working/Crafting Force" subject to receiving the customary fees, upon which, we will wholeheartedly endorse this idea.            ....And remember.... "Parrot Shipyards"   .....where everything is rigged!

...actually, I find your idea to be a splendid one.....despite my lame attempt at humor.

1 hour ago, Olan Turner said:

My database developer gut instinct says otherwise.

I assumed it was more of a cpu cycle economization than a static DB thing. If this game was like EVE they could've done it, but these guys place more value on tracking fifty cannonballs fired from up to 50 ships. And bless them for it...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jodgi said:

I assumed it was more of a cpu cycle economization than a static DB thing. If this game was like EVE they could've done it, but these guys place more value on tracking fifty cannonballs fired from up to 50 ships. And bless them for it...

yes i am too grateful for that as well. if they do have a separate database server, and not a VM'd with the server handling the calculations, then they can have the DB server handle this with a DB job. just would be timed with the open world time frame. flag the queued item complete, when the labor hours are completed. but again, i do not know how they have this coded.