Game-Labs Forum

A Re-take to Regional Bonuses

Regional Bonus perks  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Port Maintenance reductions for the nation (clan port holders) when holding all ports in a region.

• Yes, this sounds good
    • No, I don't like it
    • Yes, but... (in comments)
    • Maybe, I suggest something different (in comments)
  2. 2. Further increase in labor reduction/resource production bonuses.

• Yes, this sounds good
    • No, I don't like it
    • Yes, but... (in comments)
  3. 3. increase chances for better ship crafting (purple and gold ships more likely to be crafted).

• Yes, this sounds good
    • No, I don't like it
    • Yes, but.... (in comments)
  4. 4. increase in chances for better ship trims (like very fast, very cramped, very agile etc) as well as a way to "force" a ship trim possibly.

• Yes, this sounds good
    • No, I don't like it
    • Yes, but.... (in comments)

1 hour ago, z4ys said:

Not yet but it will become meta and you know how much NA RvR players love their meta. It will be fun for a few and pain for many.

I can see your concern I also can see a flip side we’re the sales for the prolific forger go up so people can swap nations to counter these “zergs” 

so 2 things

1. the devs have there sales hats on 

2. There is a high chance of content to come from this 

Edited by Rebrall

38 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

There is a big difference between limiting a first rate and limiting some upgrades or woods.

The second could be counter with other upgrades or other tactical approach to battles. 

However important, money is secondary in the game. Most trade between players are books, upgrades or marks. I dislike the current taxes and having to pay for port timers so much money. But was the point of having so much money in the clan warehouse of every clan? That money would end being useless because everyone will have a printing money port.

I support the idea in general but i dont support that market can be restricted to only clans on a friendlist. My alternative was that the portowner get first buy right for around 50% of the per hour production. That is in my opinion still an huge advantage for the owner without the possibility tu ruin the game.

Again, with the mechanics I suggested I don't see how an alt can take anymore advantage than they already do.

Do alts give players an advantage? Yes

Is that bad? Depends. A player an his alt can effectively do 2 times as much as a player, but if 2 players band together - then those players can also do what a player and his alt does.

So again, economically speaking I don't really care what an alt does, because effectively an alt in the eyes of the game is just another player doing their own thing.

But this thread isn't about alts, it's about enhancing the RvR game by trying to bring economic bonuses into the mix to allow for more profit and more activity outside of the safe zones. 

45 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Alts outbid contracts on ports so they affect national economy and rvr A LOT.

true - but if all those alts were players, they would still affect the nations income and rvr a lot too. if all those players then also traded with "the enemy" how would it be any different then now? I am all for mechanics and changes that promote more options for players to gain money, or resources, or anything that normal folks may not get due to hardcore players going to the extreme. Alts are alts, but alts are also players. in the past I knew of clans that their specific purpose was to facilitate trading between nations, whether that be information, resources, or ships, these clans had multiple contacts in every nation forming a "coalition" of clans that would coordinate between each other and find both supply and demand of all resources and then act on it to make the best profit. what these clans did is essentially what players with alts do now.

so yes, tl;dr - alts affect nations economy and rvr. is that bad? I personally don't think so.

Edited by Teutonic

On 5/10/2018 at 10:18 AM, admin said:

Removal of safe transport of upgrades - This is a just a punishment/time sink, so I don't like this. It works for books, because we don't need books that often. For upgrades it would be a serious increase in sailing time and that is NOT what this game needs imo..

Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city - YES, but make it extremely expensive over time. So it is not an viable option to just block the rest of the server out indefinitely. But replenishing the clan warehouse in an emergency shortage is doable.The "BLOCKING" could be done by just reserving the use of contract to the members of the clan who owns the port. So if there is some goodies in stock that are not bought up by contracts, "other nation players" still have a chance to get some.. xD
The cost for locking trade access to a port could be exponentially increased each day. So reserving the ports output/production for 1, 2 or 3 days could be achieved with out having to pay to much, but locking it down for more than week should not be a financially viable.
The the cost of reserving should also have a cooldown on it, but the decrease should be slower than the increase. So to counter the cost increase of locking it 1 day, it should be unlocked for 3 days. .

This will make at least some cities - a must have - and will create constant pressure to capture. Make the absolute all the must have resources for RvR available in 3 ports spread out across the map. One high BR deep water, one low BR deep water and shallow water. That way if 1 nation is able to capture and defend all 3 ports of 1 vital resource, they are to strong and RvR would have died out for a period anyway.. In the long therm the stronges RvR clans raise and fall. Nothing last for ever so I don't se a huge issue here compared to the number advantage we already have.

Edited by Tiedemann

21 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I disagree, I think alts ruin one of the purposes of conquering, the fight for ressources.

I won't deny that to some degree alts seem to ruin the purpose of conquering, but how is it different to a group of players pooling resources together and then selling to the highest bidder? so instead of conquering a port, a clan can purchase from this group instead. would you also consider that a bad thing? or would you praise the group of players for creating their own market?

On 5/10/2018 at 1:18 AM, admin said:

The following will be implemented in the next BIG patch. 

• Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel. 

In terms of making ports matter more 2 things could be done

• Removal of safe transport of upgrades
  • Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan.

This will make at least some cities - a must have - and will create constant pressure to capture. 

But, we have not yet learnt how to balance the following (as we are not sure it is possible)

• This is a pvp game content should matter
  • This is a pvp game one side cannot lock down another nation from content by conquest

I don't recall how expensive in money and resources a level 3 shipyard is but it's a lot. Perhaps consider making it a little cheaper as presumably folks will move shipyards out to remote ports and lose them to capture as well.

The ability to lock resources by clan would be good if there is a friendly clan list that can produce resources. If the choices are only single clan or everyone then it would be bad unless we go to clan wars.

Regarding your last point about content, conquest, and PVP...

The key is providing other means of attacking/hurting the conqueror besides the actual port battle. Raids and blockades. No magic wallet for upgrades. Ports having needs -- not just gold -- to keep them happy and producing. Basically ways to weaken the defender when a PB is impossible.

At point number 4:

There was not one ship similar at the time even if it was the same class, but in order to trim it the right way (eg faster, stiffer into the wind etc) the commander did that trimming by moving weight forward or aft or by adjusting the ships rigging and masts etc. (not permitted but nevertheless done by everyone). I don't know exactly what you mean by 'force' but if it means just that I agree and you can skip the bonuses as far as I'm concerned

Capturable cities will give much better chance to build an exceptional vessel.

Please give notice again when you deploy this update and how much the % will change in capturable cities compared to capitals. How will the chances be in free towns? Thank you very much.

In terms of making ports matter more 2 things could be done

• Removal of safe transport of upgrades
  • Ability should be given to clans to completely lock trade in the controlled city, giving all resources produced by city to a clan.

On 5/10/2018 at 11:11 AM, admin said:

One option would be to give clans an ability to open trade for the friendly clans but it still locks everyone else out. 

You could give clans full control over the resources / upgrades produced by the ports, if you increased sealed bottle drop at the same time. This way other players still have access to the upgrades and prices will be kept in check, while RvR gets meaning again and clans something actually worth fighting for. Sealed bottles will also only give random upgrades that can be captured after picked up, so the port owners still have the advantage while everyone has a chance to at least get something.

More people will be in OW with the additional motivation of looking for bottles and thereby be targets for PvP. 

Maybe fishing could also be more complex to prevent excessive afk fishing... fisher could also be a role for casual players? Maybe x amount of fish meat sold in a port should reduce the maintenance fee ( no starving citizens ) ? New and low skill players could make some minor profit with fishing this way to prevent them from going completely broke and quitting.