Game-Labs Forum

Server Maintenance

BallsOfSteel

Question

9 answers to this question

On 5/7/2018 at 3:50 PM, admin said:

yep it sucks
but for the EA stage we cant maintain a pan asian server, as current maintenance times are picked for the lowest online numbers (to affect least amount of players).

I like data mining.

Time in UTC time zone.

live.png.4849b9a6e62f00ff4674c92575be31f1.png

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BallsOfSteel said:

The Asian guys are still getting smashed in prime time by maint. Will this continues it will have a severe effect on players unable to play in our prime time. Currently for Australia it falls at 8 pm st night and 6pm in most of Asia.

yep it sucks
but for the EA stage we cant maintain a pan asian server, as current maintenance times are picked for the lowest online numbers (to affect least amount of players).

We are considering openingĀ an eastern server after we localize into chinese, korean and japanese (which will have perfect separate maintenanceĀ times for NZ and Australia as well).Ā 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, admin said:

We are considering openingĀ an eastern server after we localize into chinese, korean and japanese (which will have perfect separate maintenanceĀ times for NZ and Australia as well).Ā 

DoĀ you have any Asian ships in mind for their crowd?Ā 

4 hours ago, Montauban said:

DoĀ you have any Asian ships in mind for their crowd?Ā 

Why would we have asian ships, this isn't world of tanks with some random match maker loby room.Ā  This game is about one area and one time....oh wait than what is Russia, Poland and Prussian doing here?Ā  LOL

If they get a Junk or something like that I want one too...lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, admin said:

yep it sucks

It would be nice to have our own server with nice ping hopefully we could get the numbers for it to work,Ā 

I have to ask couldnā€™t you use the European trader in a better way to reduce how often you do maintance?

Ā 

i know you wanted a player driven Econ but with the current pop itā€™s not going to work right now,Ā 

so what Iā€™m thinking here is European trader could ā€œrestockā€ the ports instead of downtime you could even go crazy and restock the ports at random timesĀ 

Ā 

I know that makes it sound super simple but I do appreciate that would be a huge project and wouldnā€™t be an overnight change if itā€™s at all possibleĀ 

@admin

Ā 

Ā 

If in time we (Asia) gets its own server, we still take part within the same Boxed Universe?

The absolute 1 major complaint of WoTs and WoWs is closed end servers. They are all in separate Universes. We donā€™t want this at all. Also I think all servers need resetting at the same time. Whatever that time is. Think about PORT resource amounts etc...

You could give @Ink a pay rise and tell him to start earlier and reset the servers 2 hours earlier?

Ā 

Ā 

Norfolk.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Norfolk nChance

4 hours ago, qw569 said:

I like data mining.

Time in UTC time zone.

live.png.4849b9a6e62f00ff4674c92575be31f1.png

Yah but you have to remember down time right now is what works best for the devs.Ā  I would say it would prob be push back 2-3 hours to when it was before hand I think before the wipe which was a little better for all and at the slowest time.Ā  Even if they don't run a SEA/AU server I would suggest @adminĀ look at puting the NA one on the west coast instead of the east coast to give ya'll better ping and keep to two servers prob?Ā  Even if they keep with one server they prob should move the EU server to the west coast (UK, France, etc) area for better over all pings.

For me it's not really the issue with the ping other than when trying to demast and Believe me that half a second does make a difrence at times for folk, it's the dang lag spikes i get or constant drops that some of our AU players get.Ā  Than again that what they get for living in the out back and having dingo's steal there internet all the time....lol

• Like 1