Game-Labs Forum

1 hour ago, asuspiciousbear said:

but why not give pvp for boarding? its not like its easier

If you want PvP for boarding than scuttle the ship.  Other wise if you keep the ship your only reward is the xp you got from damage.   CM/PvP Marks are only for Kill and Assist.  Why would you get a mark when you didn't sink the ship?   Again if you want the PvP Marks scuttle the ship and than check the hull as it will drop one refit that the ship have and be on your happy way.  If it's a good build than you can keep the ship and the mods on it and you don't get PvP Marks cause the ship is your reward.

35 minutes ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Yeah when I do that i can see my ships if I hover over my ship but not the enemy. No window pops up, it must be a glitch because it works in the OW if I go to crew management and it works on my own vessel when in the x interface. I'll submit a ticket next time I board something.

are you look at AI ships or player captured ships?  AI's it won't show, just player captured ships. 

1 hour ago, Sir Texas Sir said:
2 hours ago, asuspiciousbear said:

but why not give pvp for boarding? its not like its easier

If you want PvP for boarding than scuttle the ship.  Other wise if you keep the ship your only reward is the xp you got from damage.   CM/PvP Marks are only for Kill and Assist.  Why would you get a mark when you didn't sink the ship?   Again if you want the PvP Marks scuttle the ship and than check the hull as it will drop one refit that the ship have and be on your happy way.  If it's a good build than you can keep the ship and the mods on it and you don't get PvP Marks cause the ship is your reward.

Why wouldnt you get the mark for capturing the ship?  boarding is still pvp action. Theres no logical reason to not give pvp marks, you still beat the other guy. Plus it would give more depth to the combat give more reason to have all those boarding mods

2 hours ago, Capt Aerobane said:

Yeah when I do that i can see my ships if I hover over my ship but not the enemy. No window pops up, it must be a glitch because it works in the OW if I go to crew management and it works on my own vessel when in the x interface. I'll submit a ticket next time I board something.

I believe it only works vs player ships that you capture, not AI. At least that's how my game behaves. 

1 hour ago, asuspiciousbear said:

Why wouldnt you get the mark for capturing the ship?  boarding is still pvp action. Theres no logical reason to not give pvp marks, you still beat the other guy. Plus it would give more depth to the combat give more reason to have all those boarding mods

AGAIN IF YOU WANT THE PVP MARKS SCUTTLE THE SHIP.     THE SHIP IS YOUR REWARD OTHER WISE.

Really how hard of a concept to understand that.  I have ships worth millions and millions with the mods on them that is way more than a few PvP marks. I have scuttle ships with millions of gold of  cargo cause I didn't want to drag it back (in enemy waters) so I scuttled it and just took the PvP marks.  It's a choice you want.  You want the PvP marks or do you want the ship?   The ship is your reward.  Just be glad we use to not get any thing when we captured the ship but bugged Dev's enough that we now get xp for the combat still even if you capture the ship.  Why would they pay you in marks and gold if you keep the ship?  Once again it's your reward, you want PvP Marks instead than just scuttle the ship, end of story.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

AGAIN IF YOU WANT THE PVP MARKS SCUTTLE THE SHIP.     THE SHIP IS YOUR REWARD OTHER WISE.

Really how hard of a concept to understand that.  I have ships worth millions and millions with the mods on them that is way more than a few PvP marks. I have scuttle ships with millions of gold of  cargo cause I didn't want to drag it back (in enemy waters) so I scuttled it and just took the PvP marks.  It's a choice you want.  You want the PvP marks or do you want the ship?   The ship is your reward.  Just be glad we use to not get any thing when we captured the ship but bugged Dev's enough that we now get xp for the combat still even if you capture the ship.  Why would they pay you in marks and gold if you keep the ship?  Once again it's your reward, you want PvP Marks instead than just scuttle the ship, end of story.

congrats on the ships, your trophy is in the mail. All I am saying is that boarding is still pvp combat up to and including the boarding action. you should be rewarded pvp marks for killing the enemy player, not just for sinking the ship, combat is combat. I hate to break it to you, but hand to hand combat made up a significant portion of warfare back then, it would make sense to reflect that. I dont see any reason boarding SHOULDNT be given pvp marks. like you say you get the ship but thats your reward for getting up close and personal where theres a higher degree of risk.

Then ANY time you board, you should not get PVP marks.  Only if you sink it by cannon fire.  Because as many people have stated on this thread and on others, once you board a ship its yours.  By that logic, if you scuttle instead of keep, you're destroying your own ship.  Why do you get PVP marks for sinking your own ship???

12 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Really how hard of a concept to understand that.  I have ships worth millions and millions with the mods on them that is way more than a few PvP marks. I have scuttle ships with millions of gold of  cargo cause I didn't want to drag it back (in enemy waters) so I scuttled it and just took the PvP marks.  It's a choice you want.  You want the PvP marks or do you want the ship?   The ship is your reward.  

This is correct

This is the mechanic that is absolutely needed to avoid some things in the human nature by design.
Admiralty pays for ships taken out of the system, if it did not happen people would just farm each other through surrenders. It could still happen but at least ships go to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean. 

In reality
Admiralty would take the ship you captured (and give to somebody else) and will assign the prize money.

For the navy/privateers

• This prize money will be split into shares depending on your crew size
    • Captain was entitles for at least 10-30 shares 
    • Flag captain (who was not even on the ship most of the times) took the lion portion
    • Crew was entitled for 1 share each
    • If you were a privateer a good portion of the share went to investors
  • As a result if you captured a ship worth 1000 pounds and your crew was 1000 men you actually would receive only 10-30 pounds as a captain, who captured the prize.
  • 500 pound shares for crew (and a lot more for a cap) happened of course but history remembers only 20-30 captains who were able to get such prize.

For the pirates

• Captain share was even smaller and if he did not share prize with the crew he would just be killed. 

Thats why on some crew (especially pirate crews) sailors cherished the losses because more losses meant more prize money (less mouths to share the prize pool with). 15 men on the deadman's chest

So if we want to bring things closer to reality, rewards should not only depend on damage % (fleet shares), but also on your crew numbers forcing you to sail with as small crew as possible). 

If you make it yours - by transferring crew to the enemy ship and take command of it by pressing Confirm - and then sink it, you do not get the marks.

If you simply win the boarding, but not take command of the ship, by not transferring crew, and then decide to sink it, you will get the marks.

Game rules give the player the Choice between getting a new ship or getting the marks/financial rewards.

3 minutes ago, Oberon74 said:

Then ANY time you board, you should not get PVP marks.  Only if you sink it by cannon fire.  Because as many people have stated on this thread and on others, once you board a ship its yours.  By that logic, if you scuttle instead of keep, you're destroying your own ship.  Why do you get PVP marks for sinking your own ship???

Basically, consider the PvP-Marks to be your compensation from the admiralty if the ship you capture was a bad one - most ships that you capture are worth more than the marks anyways (unless it's a shop-bought ship with no upgrades). An Agamemnon with avarage upgrades can easily be worth the 800-900k the PvP marks will cost you.

The only thing I'd like is for the captured ship to count on the PvP leaderboard.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spitfire83 said:

I boarded the ship and sunk it ultimately the kill should be awarded to me not a tower that's so dumb it shoots it's own ship to get to me. That I risk my ship under a enemy tower to board and kill the ENEMY rather then sail away and let both survive basically if I hadn't boarded player would have escaped battle or i would have been sunk or demasted by the fort. I can't be the only one that thinks it's dumb..

@admin are towers killing there own nations ships working correctly??? Ok not killing but damaging enough during boarding to be awarded the kill and marks attached to it...

Edited by Spitfire83

3 hours ago, admin said:

This is the mechanic that is absolutely needed to avoid some things in the human nature by design.
Admiralty pays for ships taken out of the system, if it did not happen people would just farm each other through surrenders. It could still happen but at least ships go to the bottom of the Atlantic ocean

The only reason is to prevent alt farming? would giving a reduced pvp reward not work, or cashing the captured ship in for extra marks at a port. Or even removing alts completely.

Edited by asuspiciousbear

3 hours ago, asuspiciousbear said:

or cashing the captured ship in for extra marks at a port

Why not just sink it in the battle then if you're up for marks and not ships?

I like the current system where the reward is either the ship or marks

Sometimes a ship can be worth way more than the marks you get for sinking it. If I capture a teak-wo trinc with navy hull, cartagena refit and french rig refit, id keep the ship

29 minutes ago, Liq said:

like the current system where the reward is either the ship or marks

I just think it pointless to have to choose in the first place. A captured ship is the best possible outcome of a battle, you should get the best reward.

3 hours ago, asuspiciousbear said:

I just think it pointless to have to choose in the first place. A captured ship is the best possible outcome of a battle, you should get the best reward.

Guess what life is full of choices, you can't have it both ways.  Welcome to the real world......you can't have your cake and eat it too all the time.

As many have said some times keeping the ship is worth 100 times more than the few PvP marks you will get.  Believe me if you captured one of my ships your going to want to keep it over the marks any day with what I set them up like.  Now if I capture some one junk ship or we are doing agro the ships get scuttle for the points and PvP to be shared unless it's a very very very very good ship.  Pluss when you scuttle them you get one of the mods droppeed randomly so that is a bonus to your PvP marks. 

But I'm done with this topic, he just wants all the prizes no matter way, even though that is not how the system works.  Next he's going to ask for PvP marks for when he looses and sinks.

4 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Guess what life is full of choices, you can't have it both ways.  Welcome to the real world......you can't have your cake and eat it too all the time.

As many have said some times keeping the ship is worth 100 times more than the few PvP marks you will get.  Believe me if you captured one of my ships your going to want to keep it over the marks any day with what I set them up like.  Now if I capture some one junk ship or we are doing agro the ships get scuttle for the points and PvP to be shared unless it's a very very very very good ship.  Pluss when you scuttle them you get one of the mods droppeed randomly so that is a bonus to your PvP marks. 

But I'm done with this topic, he just wants all the prizes no matter way, even though that is not how the system works.  Next he's going to ask for PvP marks for when he looses and sinks.

as far as I was aware this was the suggestion to the devs collumn not "ask the vets if they approve" collumn. I'm not denying sometimes the ship is worth more than pvp, im suggesting capturing ships should be worth more. I know you dont like change but this being an EA game its about change. Thats also exactly what im saying you should get pvp for the kill not the sinking of the ship. might  even encorage new strategies. If nothing else boarding would be more fun.

28 minutes ago, asuspiciousbear said:

as far as I was aware this was the suggestion to the devs collumn not "ask the vets if they approve" collumn. I'm not denying sometimes the ship is worth more than pvp, im suggesting capturing ships should be worth more. I know you dont like change but this being an EA game its about change. Thats also exactly what im saying you should get pvp for the kill not the sinking of the ship. might  even encorage new strategies. If nothing else boarding would be more fun.

Your suggestion is valid and worthy of consideration, but I have to agree with the others and I think you are misinterpreting.  The "kill" is the ship, not the sailors.

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

Your suggestion is valid and worthy of consideration, but I have to agree with the others and I think you are misinterpreting.  The "kill" is the ship, not the sailors.

I'm not misinterpreting, I understand the kill is sinking the ship. My suggestion is to change it from the ship to the sailors (players).