Game-Labs Forum

Forged papaers don't give new name.

Bach

Question

I like the new forged papers mechanic and I think $20 and a 1/month switch is good. However, after getting it I discovered the shift does not come with a name change option. Who wants to play a Spanish captain with a French name?  Why would a reformed pirate in the British navy still call himself "Black Dave the Pirate"?  

Is there a way to change name with the forged paper mechanic that I just missed?

Edited by Bach
  • Like 11

17 answers to this question

BTW name change will be added to forged papers in the near future. It is just a bit more complex as it seems from the outside. 
Also it will be more logical as the forger (prolific one) could and should be able to not only change your birth certificate, but also change your name once every 30 days.

• Like 11

6 minutes ago, admin said:

BTW name change will be added to forged papers in the near future. It is just a bit more complex as it seems from the outside. 

Thank you admin for this Response, its good to know that youre taking notice of what the Players are commenting on.

Perhaps now some people will have to review their negative comments that suggestions are not being acted upon

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, SKurj said:

yeah for $20 you should be able to rob your clan bank and then hide behind a new name, great idea.

Every 30 days ?!... I though only Officers ( meaning REALLY trusted fellows ) could access clan holdings 😮

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Glorgir said:

Thank you admin for this Response, its good to know that youre taking notice of what the Players are commenting on.

Perhaps now some people will have to review their negative comments that suggestions are not being acted upon

strange that some are disliking your post 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, SKurj said:

yeah for $20 you should be able to rob your clan bank and then hide behind a new name, great idea.

clan roles are tied to server account - not the name.
Also - its your responsibility to get nice people to your clan officer roles. Clan leader lapses of judgement is outside of our control. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Glorgir said:

I think reviews will change to positive with decent content. I have read many just to realize they repeat itself over the same lack of content. 

Edited by Montauban

On 5/6/2018 at 10:04 PM, Christendom said:

Yea for 20 bucks you should get the option to change your name.  

$20 bucks?(ripoff) no way. $8.99 is more reasonable. If it will include name change then $14.99 would be max. 

Edited by Montauban

8 hours ago, SKurj said:

Well, not like it matters after it happens since you can't do anything to the player in terms of punishment anyways - only admin / devs could but they know the steam account IDs and it is the responsibility / fault of the clan trusting someone with the access to CWH.

19 hours ago, admin said:

strange that some are disliking your post 

Changing a name is a nice feature, however it can be overused. If I fight eg Rediii and he knows my name but I don't know his, he has an advantage as he can surprise me. 

Changing names also creates anonymity and reduces risks of trolling, which will influence how people behave. 

I think a cool down should be 3 months.