Game-Labs Forum

Patrol Area Ship Ratings

Tom Farseer

Question

Can anyone give me a definitive list of which Patrol Missions are frigates only?

I read in Global chat several times that La Mona was supposed to be frigates only. Seeing as I just got sunk by DreamMaker in his  Aggy (good mast sniper, that one...), this obviously isn't the case.

PS: Edited for spelling.

Edited by Tom Farseer

7 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, Liq said:

As far as I know:

• Nassau: Shallow
  • La Mona: Max. 4th rates
  • Aves, La Tortue, Tumbado - no restrictions

Ok, Thanks!

Good to know that 4th rates count as frigates for this. It can be a bit confusing with the different historic rating systems. (Eg. Connie being a (Super-)Frigate but 4th rate. Aggy obviously being a 4th rate as a small SoL)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fenris said:

If i remember correctly, Hispaniola is a 4th rate zone too.

now I am confused. Where the hell all these information written? I pick patrol missions, but never see ships restrictions.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:19 PM, Fenris said:

5th rate, sorry, not sure though.

Not as far as I know. I got sunk by a Bellona in Hispaniola less than two weeks ago. So definitely after the patch that introduced "Frigate only" Patrols.

@admin Could we get a clear answer from the devs side? I can find no reliable info on it anywhere.

I think the Patrol Mission itself is limited, not the OW physical area. So attacks of any rates can occur.

Anyone can test this though. And even test further and try to join a patrol zone battle with a rate non eligible for the Mission.