Game-Labs Forum

Killpoints. Fixed or variable?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Are killspoints right now fine?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Would variable points be better than fixed?

• Yes
    • No

1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

Im talking about PBs. And usually you dont see oceans alone in PBs.

just wanted to make it clear.

Personally I agree with @ElricTheTwo in limiting rates on certain BR limits. Although I'm not sure if it would give the effect we want it to anymore (Wasa OP pls nerf "era").

I don't hate kill points as they are now, but I absolutely agree that a variable point amount for each rate of a ship is better. Is it a priority? no, but as @Christendom says, it's funny to get the same points by killing a mortar brig or a 1st rate.

Edited by Teutonic

28 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

No limits.

Why do we use more first rates than second rates in most battles?

Look at the Buc and the Ocean. One Ocean can easily take down 2-3 bucs. The Buc have only a bit more speed and turnrate while it has 3k hp less and a hull really easy to pen. And both share they are terrible sailors. Pavel is also in quite bad shape.

Instead the Bellona have more use due to sailing capabilities.

To sum up, we need some tweaks to reach a better balance.

Having PB's with only 1st rates or 2nd rates is also very inviting for newer players. It just tells anybody who is new to the game and has a low rank: Sorry but you can only go to a PB when you are a rear admiral or whatever it is called in your own nation. This is not good for the game and also not good for training new people. Why should we limit RvR to only people that can sail a bigger ship.

Ok you can reply do shallow water battles and trust me I have done more then plenty of them. This was a good way of learning the PB system but in the end you then get to a real one and then it is Oceans against Oceans. The difference between going from rattlesnakes and the like to Oceans really is a bit too big.

Solution can be as suggested above to have a BR limit for 1st rates but really that is a very limiting suggestion. A more diverse fleet composition would make it a lot more realistic and to be honest a lot more fun. @rediii Maybe we should make a deal with someone and in advance state what the fleet compositions would be. as a test

13 minutes ago, Jake Newport said:

Having PB's with only 1st rates or 2nd rates is also very inviting for newer players. It just tells anybody who is new to the game and has a low rank: Sorry but you can only go to a PB when you are a rear admiral or whatever it is called in your own nation. This is not good for the game and also not good for training new people. Why should we limit RvR to only people that can sail a bigger ship.

Ok you can reply do shallow water battles and trust me I have done more then plenty of them. This was a good way of learning the PB system but in the end you then get to a real one and then it is Oceans against Oceans. The difference between going from rattlesnakes and the like to Oceans really is a bit too big.

Solution can be as suggested above to have a BR limit for 1st rates but really that is a very limiting suggestion. A more diverse fleet composition would make it a lot more realistic and to be honest a lot more fun. @rediii Maybe we should make a deal with someone and in advance state what the fleet compositions would be. as a test

I know well you fought a lot of battles in the Bahamas as RSC.

Just try to do 2500 or 5000 BR PB with only first rates. You will probably lose  most of them. Here the new player can have his slot.

What I try to say iis second rates and other ships (like fourth rates) are underperforming in PB (compared to others) so their viability right now is low. Either you rise the first rates BR, either you buff those underperforming ships.

Edited by Intrepido

27 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

I know well you fought a lot of battles in the Bahamas as RSC.

Just try to do 2500 or 5000 BR PB with only first rates. You will probably lose  most of them. Here the new player can have his slot.

What I try to say iis second rates and other ships (like fourth rates) are underperforming in PB (compared to others) so their viability right now is low. Either you rise the first rates BR, either you buff those underperforming ships.

We did Ayamonte with 4 oceans, a snow, a prince and a mortar brig. That is 2570 BR. If you do it with other ships you will have 1 ship more but a lot less firepower

1 hour ago, Jake Newport said:

We did Ayamonte with 4 oceans, a snow, a prince and a mortar brig. That is 2570 BR. If you do it with other ships you will have 1 ship more but a lot less firepower

There are also screenshots in nn forum of 2500br pb with much more smaller ships than Oceans. Thats the freedom of choice we must preserve.

Edited by Intrepido
  • Like 1

2500 BR PBs are fine because you have to take smaller ships. But the rest is broken due to efficiency of 1st rates

5 hours ago, rediii said:

2500 BR PBs are fine because you have to take smaller ships. But the rest is broken due to efficiency of 1st rates

Exactly, the problem is with first rates. We dont need to change the entire system, just focus on the main issue.

If we had 610 BR for the Vic, 660BR for the Ocean and 680BR for the Santi PB commanders might think twice about picking so many first rates.

Edited by Intrepido

14 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Exactly, the problem is with first rates. We dont need to change the entire system, just focus on the main issue.

If we had 610 BR for the Vic, 660BR for the Ocean and 680BR for the Santi PB commanders might think twice about picking so many first rates.

With those br numbers....we'd all still pick oceans every. Single. Time.

Honestly imo, the ocean should have the highest BR of the 1st rates.

23 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

With those br numbers....we'd all still pick oceans every. Single. Time.

Honestly imo, the ocean should have the highest BR of the 1st rates.

Like now, most of the people use Oceans. Santi is glass and Vic doesnt stand a broadside vs broadside fight against the other two.

On 5/4/2018 at 7:20 AM, ElricTheTwo said:

The issue is more that first-rates are allowing into all the deep water PB's.  It would be better to only allow 1st rates in to the large PB's, then 2nd rates have more use in the game.

The same with 4th rates.  Make 4th rates the largest ships for the 2500 BR PB's.

• 10,000+ PB's - any ship
  • 7000+ BR 2nd rates and down
  • 5000+ BR 3rd rates and down
  • 2500+ BR 4th rates and down

Kinda like how I said that 1st rates should be used in regional capitals PB's before.  Than limit some of the others to only 2-3 and others to only 4th rates and below.   The problem I have with most of the port battles have very low BR and are deep water where you can only get like 6-10 guys into it when they are important ports so a small clan or power unit of guys can hold it off even against a much bigger force no matter how many ships you have.  I hear guys turned off a lot about RvR cause only the A-TEAM can go in and fight cause we are limited to that 6-10 guys even though 20 guys grinded the port up.  The sad part is the main ports you can get full 15-25 guys into is mainly just the shallows.