Game-Labs Forum

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

2 hours ago, MolonLabe13966 said:

Hey, so I created a forum account just to say this.

I have played the game since 2016, been apart of several big GB clans like DMENT, SLRN, and ROYAL, fought in alot of port battles and had a blast. I even started the Tournament between the clans going, with big help from Olav and a bunch of others. I absolutely loved this game. That was, until the player base started dying off from all the drastic changes being made in crafting, and cost of 4th rates and up. Then I quit Naval Action for a year and just came back about a week ago.  I like some of the changes that I see, like the UI, navagation and map UI, but that's about it. I have been spending this whole week gathering resources to craft a single 5th rate, and I haven't even gotten to build it yet because of the ridiculous needs of upgrading the shipyard, 1,000 iron fittings, 500 stone blocks and 1k oak and 500k gold, just to upgrade it to level 2?? That would be easy for a clan, but for people who play by themselves, that is alot of work. Not to mention we can't even buy decent ships in the port because the only ones for sale are green or blue Renomee's or the occasional constitution classic. If this patch drops that makes it even harder to craft the large ships, I will uninstall this game and probably not look back, because the player base will further die.  For the love of all that is holy, do NOT make it even more difficult to craft the larger ships. 

I must say, I am confident that Econ will be Easier to understand when crafting ships and mods. I'm on the fence about it being easier to get into, but I know that Crafting 5th rates isn't too difficult. Your point about the shipyard having a high "entry cost" holds some merit, but I know a lot of folks who are more than willing to donate or help you or anyone else along the way.

contrary to popular belief, Veterans enjoy helping newer players and returning players so that we can have a larger base of players :).

7 hours ago, MolonLabe13966 said:

I have been spending this whole week gathering resources to craft a single 5th rate, and I haven't even gotten to build it yet because of the ridiculous needs of upgrading the shipyard, 1,000 iron fittings, 500 stone blocks and 1k oak and 500k gold, just to upgrade it to level 2?? That would be easy for a clan, but for people who play by themselves, that is alot of work. Not to mention we can't even buy decent ships in the port because the only ones for sale are green or blue Renomee's or the occasional constitution classic.

I got stuff like that in a couple of weeks with a new character, no problem - and I'm not even any good.  Also, shop for your "decent" ships at a place like La Mona or a national capital, where there are usually plenty of crafted ships for sale at prices that are easy to afford considering the massive payouts we get for curbstomping helpless AI traders.   Looting and sinking AI T-brigs and LGVs is like taking candy from a baby.

Edited by Barbancourt
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, MolonLabe13966 said:

Hey, so I created a forum account just to say this.

I have played the game since 2016, been apart of several big GB clans like DMENT, SLRN, and ROYAL, fought in alot of port battles and had a blast. I even started the Tournament between the clans going, with big help from Olav and a bunch of others. I absolutely loved this game. That was, until the player base started dying off from all the drastic changes being made in crafting, and cost of 4th rates and up. Then I quit Naval Action for a year and just came back about a week ago.  I like some of the changes that I see, like the UI, navagation and map UI, but that's about it. I have been spending this whole week gathering resources to craft a single 5th rate, and I haven't even gotten to build it yet because of the ridiculous needs of upgrading the shipyard, 1,000 iron fittings, 500 stone blocks and 1k oak and 500k gold, just to upgrade it to level 2?? That would be easy for a clan, but for people who play by themselves, that is alot of work. Not to mention we can't even buy decent ships in the port because the only ones for sale are green or blue Renomee's or the occasional constitution classic. If this patch drops that makes it even harder to craft the large ships, I will uninstall this game and probably not look back, because the player base will further die.  For the love of all that is holy, do NOT make it even more difficult to craft the larger ships. 

Go to the testbed server and you will see that the crafting system is being streamlined. Many of the intermediate goods such as iron fittings, carriages, ballast, etc have been removed. So ship crafting is easier in general. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I am resurrecting this thread from the depths of CONTENT!

First and foremost i agreed on this change, "its alot of unnecessary clicks" i agreed on that part until i know now what we have after the release, those "unnecessary" items were immersive for alot of players, me included and i thought this change wouldnt matter that much. But where is that player that pumps out the barrels for ships, the carriages for cannons, the knees for the nations fleet.

I know why it was done, its to simplify the crafting and optimize the space in the warehouses, because as me and alot of other players said "it was just a waste of space, and it took to long time".

Now imagine if any other MMO where you could mine resources and instead of melting the hard resource into a Bar which you could forge into a weapon, you would just go to the anvil and click "craft weapon". These resources are btw gathered into the open world through "hard" work and adventure, not by waiting 24 hours for the labour hours to replenish, tp to outpost and click "Collect".

Kind of TLDR;

I believe it would be better for the game in general if these items were added back AND to not just add unnecessary clicks, players in that nations clans can invest into say a Forge usable for the players investing into the Clans interests or a woodworking shop able to craft ship structural parts and other materials thats needs to be done at woodworker, or a Jewelry able to craft the finest of all furniture used on the stern gallery and the bow spirit. Or start your own business crafting iron ingots for the nation to use, or make barrels for all the rum and provisions a ship needs to hold.

Pros: Economy i can imagine will get better, more people will have more stuff and different stuff to do, trading will be a thing again other then just the cargo missions we have on our 10k worth traders brig, and some of that togetherness and national pride might come back after helping the nation develop a great cannon factory. People can actually gain crafting xp other then just from crafting ships, which will bring different options for players. You either have a port known for great ships or a port known for great crafting possibilities

Cons: People would have to spend abit more time to craft a ship, its not just gather resources anymore and 1x click to finish it. Maybe though if you have all the available resources and labour hours, you could be able to craft the ships skipping the in between part since you have the resources and labour hours to cover everything, IF that certain port has the option to craft those iron fittings and knees.

image.thumb.png.aaaa3712232ce859b11b88c7b5d790cb.png

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

I like the way you think about it. Like LiF MMO where you have to choose what you want to do. If you want to be a Blacksmith or Miner, Carpenter or a Farmer to get all the needes ressources together to build the Clans Village or Castle.

But like you said it will increasse the Time we will have to spend to get all things together.

47 minutes ago, Jim Beamreach said:

I like the way you think about it. Like LiF MMO where you have to choose what you want to do. If you want to be a Blacksmith or Miner, Carpenter or a Farmer to get all the needes ressources together to build the Clans Village or Castle.

But like you said it will increasse the Time we will have to spend to get all things together.

Yes. I wish they would have combined the two methods. If you had the raw materials and the labor, you could click craft and get the ships in one step but an intermediary could craft and sell you the crafted components saving you the labor and providing a labor role for those who either can’t or choose not to build ships. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Farrago said:

Yes. I wish they would have combined the two methods

I miss having other business options in game.  A combination would be great.  Skilled fighters could build reputation, experience and be awarded wealth, ships and assignments from the Admiralty.  Others could earn fast, easy no risk Reals and Doubloons  and buy ships,equipment and supply.

For me, Farrago, Jim, Wyy and others ... we can enjoy the details of a labor roles, spending time as tradesmen and working shops, mines and plantations.  It is those details that hold our attention.  Seems like there should be easy money mechanic,   and also other methods that result in higher profits for those willing to put in the time.

I think the Devs may have been overwhelmed by the waves of complaints from players who only want one easy way to get wealth (and ships).  Any added complexity just detracts from the single minded goal of combat, and more combat.  Perhaps intermediary businesses, and trading was removed and Econ missions were added to quiet the raging hoard.

• Like 1