Game-Labs Forum

Partial materials wipe - advanced warning

24 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

They will be converted into COAL !!! So I assume they are removed :)

They published a spreadsheet showing what will turn into what.

actually the spreadsheet only states that ingots and coins will be converted to coal, but about silver and gold ore they do not said anything. But I assume they will be just wiped.

Edited by victor

10 hours ago, Hethwill said:

Yep. In the end it is a showcase of how things are across plenty of captains. That's we wanted, right ? Tid and bits dropping everywhere and growing on trees so we could enhance our ships in win-win ways.

Given the amount of hoarding I wonder if anti-eco crew is right after all and it is a faux-feature in the end... 🤔

And it's sad cause some folks are still hunting for some of the books he has and he has mulit of them.  I still don't have 1-3 planking on any char and I"m looking for some 6-7 for alts that play in the shallows......RNG hates me all I get is basic mods half the time.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

And it's sad cause some folks are still hunting for some of the books he has and he has mulit of them.  I still don't have 1-3 planking on any char and I"m looking for some 6-7 for alts that play in the shallows......RNG hates me all I get is basic mods half the time.

not everyone is suppose to have these mods, that's why they're rare. Imagine if everyone had planking, or five rings, or AoSH, pvp would be horrible. I was lucky to find 1-3 for cheap and now I use it for all my SOLs. I literally wouldn't feel safe without it.

Edited by Slim McSauce

Let us hope for a full disclosure before the patch comes as it is not only the 44 crafted materials removal affected here , with denomination comes repricing on all items, those under the thresh hold for example if 1000 gold becomes 1 piece of new currency then they will have to be altered too , maybe into packs of 10 or 100 its all a bit unclear.

A last minute fire sale of trade goods will fail as markets will drop to 1 gold when limit is reached, some clarity would be nice, will trade items be rounded up to 1 or will we have part loads that can only be sold when a full pack has been made for example an item priced 500 gold today after patch may be worth 0.5 and i dont think we can have prices under one. 

2 hours ago, SadisticDentist said:

:Rookieschutz bis zur 5-6 rate(sollte zum deaktivieren durch den spieler sein dann jedoch verfällt der schutz)Safezonen bis zur 5-6 rate spieler ist nicht angreifbar(deaktivierung durch spieler möglich)das ist ein muss!!!

Das würde nur funktionieren wenn wir wie in Wold of warships oder anderen moba games in tiers denken würden. Fakt is aber das jeder jedes schiff benutzen kann. Sollte also ein max lvl Spieler den gleichen Schutz genießen nur weil er ein 5th rate segelt? Oder sollte ein Alt (zweit account) eines Veterans geschützt sein nur weil der alt dem ersten Rang entspricht? Dann kommt noch dazu das weit über 50 ehr 80% des Spiels in der Sicherheitszone erledigt werden kann. Also warum jemals verlassen?

Das ist das Dilemma mit der Sicherheitszone. Sicher neue Spieler sollten Schutz genießen. Das Tutorial ist ein guter Weg dafür. 100% Sicher kein Verlust von Schiff und Gut. Außerdem kann man rund 400.000 Gold + repairs + 2 Schiffs notes + 250 crew Rang als Belohnung erhalten wenn man das Final Exam abschließt. Sicher dadurch wird man nicht zum Pro. Und ja die Sicherheitszone RoE (Rule of engagement) ist zur Zeit fraglich, aber im Großen und Ganzen hat sich das Spiel doch sehr dem Uerfahrenen Spieler angenährt. Sicher es geht immer besser!

Nochwas wenn du die Devs erreichen willst. Schreib zumindest in englisch. Ansonsten bist du darauf angewiesen, dass jemand das in englisch an die devs weiterleitet.

-----------------------------------------------------

That would only work if the game would be like any moba game  like "World of warships" for example. But in fact everyone(newcomer /vet) can use any ship at anytime. Should a high lvl player be protected because he uses a 5th rate? Or should an alt be protected because he is low rank? Furthermore 50 to 80% of the game can be achieved in the carezone. So why should anyone leave that zone?

Thats the dilemma regarding the carezone. Sure newcomer should have protection. The tutorial is a good way because you cant lose anything and it doesnt throw you into the evil and hostile open world. After passing the final exam the player gets around 400k gold a lot of repairs +2 ship notes and a rank able to command 250 crew. Ofc the player wont be a pro after that and yes the RoE regarding the carezone is debatable, but overall the game got more player friendly over the last patches and I guess they are still working on it to improve.

• Like 1

Ich schreibe in deutsch als 2 stärkste kaufkraft ich mir die Freiheit (mein Englisch saugt) !!! Das ist nur eine große Sache, aber wie ist das mit dem neuen Gerät zu halten.Diese bis 5 Rate ist sowieso xp gebuden und ein Spieler der zb 1 Jahr spielt und max xp hat genirst das spezielle schutz nichtmehr.und hats Sowieso im Spiel egal Krieg Mann macht.bitte übersetzen ))))

Once more an update takes too long. I have used all the materials I can, my docks are full. No point building more since there insufficient detail has been provided and it looks like making anything other than ships or upgrades is wasted effort but it is impossible to guess what to do - so do nothing. Just waiting now. Opening slots in ships. Not trading. not fighting. Just waiting. It's not worth playing since there is insufficient detail coming from the devs to plan any course of action and grinding slots is less interesting than doing the housework. Come on devs - the game is dead until the update.

2 hours ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

Once more an update takes too long. I have used all the materials I can, my docks are full. No point building more since there insufficient detail has been provided and it looks like making anything other than ships or upgrades is wasted effort but it is impossible to guess what to do - so do nothing. Just waiting now. Opening slots in ships. Not trading. not fighting. Just waiting. It's not worth playing since there is insufficient detail coming from the devs to plan any course of action and grinding slots is less interesting than doing the housework. Come on devs - the game is dead until the update.

You can still trade trading goods in empty seas, so its pretty safe right now to do it. 

You can still provide content by enjoying one of the bigger capital safezones for pvp/ganking/counterganking.

You can still do pve.

Its up to you.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:54 AM, AeRoTR said:

@victor yes but gold coin is crafted with gold ingots and coal. So it is weird they are being converted only into coal, which means gold/silver can be removed.

It's not weird if you assume that they are converted only into coal because gold/silver will be removed.

2 hours ago, victor said:

It's not weird if you assume that they are converted only into coal because gold/silver will be removed.

I have seen nothing from the devs saying that gold and silver mines or ore will be removed. In fact, they were mentioning a new building; a mint. I'll bet it's not going to make coinage out of fir or oak logs. "It's not weird if you assume" they don't want to hand players resources for the mint either. Pity we are all left 'assuming' when they could just tell us what the plan is (presuming they know).

Edited by Wynkyn de Worde
Spelling correction. Additional comment.

17 minutes ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

I have seen nothing from the devs saying that gold and silver mines or ore will be removed

As already posted on the previous page:

On 4/19/2018 at 9:05 PM, admin said:
  • Old legacy coins and ingots removal
    • Current Gold Coins and Silver Coins will be removed from game (you can start dumping them or use for craft if you have huge stocks) and stocks left will be compensated at denominated prices
    • Current gold ingots and silver ingots will be removed from game and mines will be removed (and building costs compensated) 

No mention of ore though.

3 hours ago, Archer11 said:

As already posted on the previous page:

No mention of ore though.

Ok I missed the mines being wiped. But gold and silver ore are not mentioned. Why don't the devs simply tell us the plan? It is because some players with that knowlegde will be at an advantage? What not tell everyone what is going to happen? We are cannon fodder, PVP prey and testers in an Early Release Alpha game right? Well I WILL NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN PARTICIPATE IN AN EARLY RELEASE SCAM. Two years of early release! I am a professional software developer and the most difficult project I have ever worked on was a cash management system for POS - real time updates of terminals, 500K transactions per minute and it took 18 months. This game should be flying missions to Mars by now.

Edited by Wynkyn de Worde
Spelling as always
  • Like 2

I'm also a software developer and I suspect you didn't have a few thousand people with differing opinions telling what you'd done wrong in your system every 5 minutes and you also didn't try to make it work exactly the way an old 18th century cash register worked whilst also able to take credit cards....You probably also had a team of more than 2.

26 minutes ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

Ok I missed the mines being wiped. But gold and silver ore are not mentioned. Why don't the devs simply tell us the plan? It is because some players with that knowlegde will be at an advantage? What not tell everyone what is going to happen? We are cannon fodder, PVP prey and testers in an Early Release Alpha game right? Well I WILL NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN PARTICIPATE IN AN EARLY RELEASE SCAM. Two years of early release! I am a professional software developer and the most difficult project I have ever worked on was a cash management system for POS - real time updates of terminals, 500K transactions per minute and it took 18 months. This game should be flying missions to Mars by now.

Dood, relax. Sure, it's taking a while but so what?  As it stands its an awesome game for the historic period.  You're not really cannon fodder as its not real bullets.  Breathe.....

32 minutes ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

The Devs have said many times that they have achieved and surpassed what was originally intended for this game. They did this after listening to the players and trying to give them what they want. Yes, I agree they may have made some mistakes by listening and trying to implement some of what players have suggested but when you compare it to a project you have done where you had set goals and well defined outcomes and targets then it bears no resemblance. By your measure they would have released this game a couple of years ago with less than half the ships we now have and no open world play and they would have achieved their initial goals successfully.

Its an early access game where it is clearly stated that the game may change significantly and the final product may be totally different from what was originally described. You accepted this when you started playing and to tell the truth there have not been as many wipes as I would have expected in such testing.

46 minutes ago, Wynkyn de Worde said:

Lol. Here a link for you. It is on first page of this thread :)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1wskSxkK0nJXCQ-Z-DxJcVFXu_ztPKo0huf4SUHbKQ24/edit#gid=0

This one is only for such players like you :)

Edited by Fenris

1 hour ago, Frya Fresena [Ostfriesius] said:

hey, please can you tell me if our gold (as a means of payment) remains after the wipe or will our gold be deleted? Thanks for the information ...

In-game currency won't be wiped but denominated, e.g. you currently have 1000 of gold (currency), after the patch you will have 20 of new currency (just an example). All prices (ships, modules etc.) will also be updated to match denomination.