Game-Labs Forum

UI and AI Customizations Mod V1.8.1

1 hour ago, pandakraut said:

There isn't actually a prisoner exchange. The player is just capped at the amount of recruits they get for captures for balance reasons, any AI men that are captured are fully removed from the manpower pool.

I did not know that.  Now I think I'll try harder for captures than I have to-date.  I had assumed there was an actual exchange because the Battle Rewards box says there is.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/NmHUGvq This mod is not compatible with any other mod that changes the Assembly-CSharp.dll. Permission was granted by the developer to modify game files. Thanks t

Of vanilla/surrender/rebalance/UI&AI modes, I like UI&AI best, at least at present. I choose to play BG because I'm not trying to be best Ultimate General player ever - I just want to have a g

Updated to 1.4: - The player's starting general will now have all perks selectable after the initial battle. - The player's idle skirmishers will now fire at units in range when hidden without a d

Posted Images

Panda- ai scaling seems different, at Gaines mill and equal to enemy size (legendary obviously because why else play). Secondly, ref perks, updated info and non working perks to avoid (T1 artillery Ammo is one) can you confirm what is what in this mod? Running v1.8 but don’t see the orange detail you mentioned in the perks

3 hours ago, Cameronb said:

Panda- ai scaling seems different, at Gaines mill and equal to enemy size (legendary obviously because why else play). Secondly, ref perks, updated info and non working perks to avoid (T1 artillery Ammo is one) can you confirm what is what in this mod? Running v1.8 but don’t see the orange detail you mentioned in the perks

Scaling has definitely not been touched unless you enable two config settings. The scaling factors can vary quite a bit from campaign to campaign. Can you share your gaines mill numbers(also which side)?

I'm not sure what you are referring to with orange detail. The +ammo perks are the only ones that don't work. Everything else works as displayed in the tooltips.

On 7/20/2020 at 9:43 AM, pandakraut said:

The +ammo perks are the only ones that don't work. Everything else works as displayed in the tooltips.

Do you mean that NONE of them work?  How can you tell since the Supply line on any unit does not offer a tooltip for how much is available?  I'm not doubting you, I just don't understand how you can tell.

3 hours ago, Sir Galahadn't said:

Do you mean that NONE of them work?  How can you tell since the Supply line on any unit does not offer a tooltip for how much is available?  I'm not doubting you, I just don't understand how you can tell.

Realizing that the +ammo bonus of perks does not work is fairly difficult if not debugging the game code, I suspect this is why the issue was never fully resolved by the devs despite them getting very close in the last patch to the game. After that patch several players including myself thought it was working but as I'll go on to explain we were incorrect.

What you can do to test it in game is put two units of artillery next to each other, one with the perk and one without. Then you need to let them fire, hold fire until they are reloaded(due to randomized aiming, reload, and volley times), let them fire again, repeat. This lets you count the total number of shots while checking the amount the supply bar drops per shot. If working correctly an artillery unit with the +ammo perk should still be at 50% ammo remaining when the non-perked unit is out of ammo. 1st Franklin is a convenient csa battle for these tests.

What you will find if you try to replicate this is that the perks work, under very specific conditions. If you assign the perk to a unit and then go immediately into a battle, no restart, no load, etc. then the perk works as expected. But a reload of the game of any kind breaks it. The issue appears to be with the save/load system as the numbers all look fine when debugging up until that black box does whatever it does.

So to be more precise the perks do work under very specific circumstances, but break under any normal use of the game. Technically, if you're using a full disband army and are very careful you could make new artillery units for every battle, give them the perk, and then disband them after the battle. Then you'd make them again and assign the perk. If at any point you have to reload, start the entire process over. I did not check to see if the perk survives phase changes or multiday battles, but I suspect it does not. 

While not entirely accurate, for the majority of players the perks effectively do not work due to how easily they break. So I've shortened my explanation to they don't work. +ammo from the logistics career points do work though.

• 2 months later...

I installed version  1.81 (which still shows version 1.8 on the startup screen) for the GOG version of the game.  However, after the first battle as the CSA my general (actually he starts out as a colonel) doesn't get any perks.  Was that changed?

Also, just to clarify, has the Logistics perk been fixed?  Does the unit get more ammo?  Or should we still avoid that?

Thanks for all your hard work fixing these issues.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, abrucewebb said:

I installed version  1.81 (which still shows version 1.8 on the startup screen) for the GOG version of the game.  However, after the first battle as the CSA my general (actually he starts out as a colonel) doesn't get any perks.  Was that changed?

I forgot to update the version number from 1.8 to 1.8.1 so you're set there. What should happen with the general is that they get promoted to BG after the first battle. This allows the player to select their starting perk.

15 hours ago, abrucewebb said:

Also, just to clarify, has the Logistics perk been fixed?  Does the unit get more ammo?  Or should we still avoid that?

+ammo perks for artillery and generals still does not work. I've tried fixing it, but the issue is tied up with the save system and I haven't been able to figure it out. The +ammo from the career point does work however.

Okay, good to know about the ammo perk.

My general didn't get promoted after the first battle. He's still a colonel so I didn't get to choose a perk.  Any ideas why?

Any ideas why?  I actually reinstalled the mod prior to starting a new campaign just in case there was an issue from my first installation. 

I also see that to uninstall it says to verify the files.  I'm assuming this is the Steam version as I don't see a way to verify the files in the GOG version.  I did, however, copy the original files to a folder.

Again, thank you for all of your hard work on modding this game.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/28/2020 at 6:04 AM, lonelydestroyer said:

I installed the mod in Directory stated, but it did not work ( there was no change to the game )

How do i fix this?

Usually this means that the mod files didn't end up in the right place. The default steam install path is 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data

There is also an Ultimate General Civil War\UGCWReporter_Data folder that tends to trip people up as it contains similar files as what would be overwritten in the correct install directory.

In case you're having issues with zip extraction here are the paths to all the files used by the mod

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\resources.assets

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ultimate General Civil War\Ultimate General Civil War_Data\Mod\UIAICustomizations\ConfigFile.csv

Hope this helps. If you're still having trouble, or are not using a PC or a steam install let me know and we can try to figure it out from there.