Game-Labs Forum
pandakraut

UI and AI Customizations Mod V1.8.1

Just fought Fredricksberg, 105 thousand CSA vs 175 thousand Union.  Dear god what a slaughter.  I made the mistake of advancing my center when I thought the Yankees where on the run only to run into another 15,000 reinforcements with 72 guns, it was a mess, and I ended up retreating back to my start line through awful terrain.

I noticed the AI was able to launch full scale attacks, then still have the strength to redeploy and attack another part of the line.  They also had a lot of artillery, a lot of 10p and 10 ord, which I didnt have the ability to suppress.  I lost a lot of cav disabling union battery's. 

The union lost 105 thousand men and 200 guns.  I lost 17 thousand and 50 guns (mostly 12H and napoleons which I used right on the front lines). My two sniper units got 9000 kills between them at Marys Heights.  Apart from a few wagons I got not captures, so those were all kills...

Most fun I've had in the game in a long time.

I set the multiplier to 3, I think you would make the game a bit crazy if you left it at that.  I think 1.5 to 2.0 would work better at BG over a campaign. On the other hand I captured 20000 harpers ferrys, 39 10 parrots, 37 10 ord.

• Like 1

Another player was testing something similar a while back where the AI units were always max size no matter what. I can't recall if they were on MG or Legendary but they made it through Antietam at least. So it's possible at least, but probably not recommended for most players. Good to hear it's having the effect you were hoping for.

Do you have any idea of why, on certain maps, you can chase the other side out of their entrenchments, but then you can't use them yourself? I've been chafed that I have to absorb counterattacks without the bonus my enemies enjoyed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TechnoSarge said:

Do you have any idea of why, on certain maps, you can chase the other side out of their entrenchments, but then you can't use them yourself? I've been chafed that I have to absorb counterattacks without the bonus my enemies enjoyed!

Some fortifications are just not enabled for the player. They could probably be enabled but that would also open up some weird exploits in terms of occupying fortifications without being in them.

On 11/11/2019 at 2:55 PM, pandakraut said:

Another player was testing something similar a while back where the AI units were always max size no matter what. I can't recall if they were on MG or Legendary but they made it through Antietam at least. So it's possible at least, but probably not recommended for most players. Good to hear it's having the effect you were hoping for.

It was Legendary. I didn't play the campaign through completion, but it was doable. Washington probably would of been ugly.

• Like 1

Hello all!  I installed the UI/AI customization mod, and it's great (especially the weapons arcs and AI behavior).

However, when I attempted to edit Ultimate General Civil War_Data/Mod/UIAICustomizations/ConfigFile.csv to change the following:

replaceSizeDegradationCurves, true

to "false", using OpenOffice Spreadsheet, it broke the game (freezes on opening screen).

I even used the same format ('false) as the 'true cells, but it didn't work.

Is there some formatting weirdness going on that I can't see?  What program should I use to edit that cell? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raymond said:

Hello all!  I installed the UI/AI customization mod, and it's great (especially the weapons arcs and AI behavior).

However, when I attempted to edit Ultimate General Civil War_Data/Mod/UIAICustomizations/ConfigFile.csv to change the following:

replaceSizeDegradationCurves, true

to "false", using OpenOffice Spreadsheet, it broke the game (freezes on opening screen).

I even used the same format ('false) as the 'true cells, but it didn't work.

Is there some formatting weirdness going on that I can't see?  What program should I use to edit that cell? 

Probably a formatting issue. I usually just edit them in notepad or some equivalent to avoid the possibility. I should probably just change them to .txt at this point.

• Like 1

pandakraut,

Thanks very much, editing in Notepad did the trick.

The mod is fantastic, I appreciate you and Jonny's hard work on this.

• Like 1

Thanks for your mod, I will share this mod with my friends, in addition I usually download mod game at techbigs.com on that website there are many mod game.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for your work!

May I ask What is the original setting number for "fireAtWillMin" and "fireAtWillMax"? Because I prefer the original balance(To be honest, I don't konw what are the meaning for these two setting as a beginner).  Also I would like to know the original setting number for "moraleMeleeRouting" and "moraleMeleeWavering". Thank you!