Game-Labs Forum

UI and AI Customizations Mod V1.9.2

I mostly tried to just correct the tooltips, but in several cases doing so revealed that the unique bonuses a perk provided were not actually applied. This lead to a state where several perks were identical or outright worse versions of an equivalent perk. For perks with missing bonuses I modified  them so that the most relevant unique bonuses applied. 

To me, the only case where prior selections don't line up with the updated perks is the horse speed perk. Since move speed bonuses affect both mounted and dismounted troops there is no benefit to having a perk with only mounted speed. I decided to replace the bonus with accuracy so that there was an actual choice to be made at that level.

The Sharpshooter range bonus was actually always applying, the tooltip just didn't show it. I've switched over to always using that perk on my snipers now. The extra range seems to basically always be better than the extra stealth. 

Just to be sure: It looks like the stats for some weapons have been changed after certain patches (the 20pdr parrott for example). Are these changes applied to the UI and the spreadsheets you posted (maybe on another topic)?

1 hour ago, Taqtaq said:

Just to be sure: It looks like the stats for some weapons have been changed after certain patches (the 20pdr parrott for example). Are these changes applied to the UI and the spreadsheets you posted (maybe on another topic)?

The weapon stats should not have been changed at all in this mod. Can you provide details on what is different?

Edit: Do you mean that in 1.5 there were damage and accuracy stats and in 1.6 there is only a damage range? If that's the case I'm just combining those two stats to better show what the weapon actually does.

Edited by pandakraut

1 hour ago, Taqtaq said:

Sorry for not being precise. I mean the game's updates which were made by its developer, not the mod's updates.

These two patches for example:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/502520/announcements/detail/1448324254978223676

https://steamcommunity.com/games/502520/announcements/detail/1450577967150115057

The mod is up to date with the latest patch, 1.11. The earliest version I have played is 1.09 and the weapons have not changed since then.

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, Quentry said:

Is there compability option with surrender mod?

Several of the UI and bug fix changes are already included in the surrender mod already.

You could install the surrender mod and then take the resources.assets file from this mod to get the perk changes, but that's the most that could be done without actually merging the code of the two mods.

Edited by pandakraut

9 hours ago, pandakraut said:

Several of the UI and bug fix changes are already included in the surrender mod already.

You could install the surrender mod and then take the resources.assets file from this mod to get the perk changes, but that's the most that could be done without actually merging the code of the two mods.

Thank you

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Concerning this statement in the explanation of the mod: "The changes to damage degradation will result in larger artillery and skirmisher units doing significantly more damage. Since the intent of this mod is to provide quality of life improvements and fix minor bugs without changing game balance this change is able to be disabled."  I assume this means I can have 500 men in a skirm unit and 24 guns in artillery and they will do appropriate damage for their extra numbers above 325 skirms and 12-14 guns as previously recommended? 

Edited by Kolakhan

13 minutes ago, Kolakhan said:

Concerning this statement in the explanation of the mod: "The changes to damage degradation will result in larger artillery and skirmisher units doing significantly more damage. Since the intent of this mod is to provide quality of life improvements and fix minor bugs without changing game balance this change is able to be disabled."  I assume this means I can have 500 men in a skirm unit and 24 guns in artillery and they will do appropriate damage for their extra numbers above 325 skirms and 12-14 guns as previously recommended? 

Yes, with that change enabled there are still diminishing returns above the optimal sizes in the base game but you will always gain at least some damage from adding more men/guns.

26 minutes ago, rtello45 said:

Just to be sure, this mod cannot be installed with the Rebalenced mod?

Correct. There is basically no need for that to be possible though. Nearly every change in this mod is included in the Rebalance mod already. The only real exception is the size curve changes but those wouldn't work properly with the larger unit sizes available in the Rebalance mod. 

• 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately no. I'm pretty sure I've isolated when it does and doesn't work, but I haven't been able to track down what exactly is breaking it.

I would not recommend using that perk until the developer has addressed it. With the other games they are currently working on I wouldn't expect it to happen anytime soon.

Updated to 1.7. The Union campaign deployment updates are still in progress. It will likely be at least several weeks before they are ready due to the amount of time needed to identify and test them.

Updates for V1.7:
UI Changes
- When a division commander is wounded or killed the popup message will notify you of the affected division.
- Updated terrain tooltips to show modded damage modifiers. These do not apply if in a fortification.
- Display a warning message when issuing an attack order that forces your artillery to move to be able to hit the target.

AI Changes
- Idle artillery will now prioritize targeting artillery if enemy units are not to close. This affects both the player and AI units.

Bug Fixes
- Ammo count can no longer go negative.
- Update logic that prevented idle units from firing when out of ammunition and unable to charge.    
- Reinforcing supply units no longer take up a deploy slot.
- Fixed terrain damage modifiers to apply to ranged damage.
- Updated all CSA battles so that deployment screen brigade numbers match the actual number of units that will show up on the field.
- Updated all CSA battles so that percentage deploys always deploy a full corps when possible. It is no longer necessary to overfill corps to get the maximum amount of units.
- The previous two changes primarily affect Gaines Mill, Stones River day 1, Gettysburg, Chickamauga day 1 and 2, and Cold Harbor.

• 1 month later...

I haven't played the game in a while, thinkin of firing it up again with this mod for the first time. I'm really looking forward to these modifications!

I was wondering how you mod the game, specifically how to edit the dll? Do you have the source or is it thru hex editing?

Is there more info somewhere on how to mod the game ourselves? I've seen the mods posted but not a lot on how. I saw the old hex editing post -- but the features I see in the mods seem more advanced than that. 

Thanks for any info!

• Like 1

This post has the documented information on the hex editing section. There is far more that can be done, but it's a lot of trial and error to find out what needs to be changed where. https://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26225-weapon-and-perk-modding-guide/

For editing the dll I use dnspy. There are guides online for how to debug unity games by changing them from a release to development build. Learning your way around the code base takes a while though and is not exactly an easy entry point if you aren't already experienced with programming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't find the forum thread here or on Steam where it was discussed (I'm sure it was somewhere, either in this mod or the Rebalance mod) but my I Corps general has a much smaller command radius than the others. It also doesn't seem like the Lt. General perk that increases the radius has an effect for the I Corps leader. The issue seems to affect whoever is leading I Corps, so putting my player-character in charge of another corps gives him the proper radius size. 

Just highlighting this because I thought fixing this was one of the changes in this mod--but I may have that mixed up with the other one, or maybe it hasn't been modded out at all. Is that potentially a feasible change?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BHunterSEAL said:

I couldn't find the forum thread here or on Steam where it was discussed (I'm sure it was somewhere, either in this mod or the Rebalance mod) but my I Corps general has a much smaller command radius than the others. It also doesn't seem like the Lt. General perk that increases the radius has an effect for the I Corps leader. The issue seems to affect whoever is leading I Corps, so putting my player-character in charge of another corps gives him the proper radius size. 

Just highlighting this because I thought fixing this was one of the changes in this mod--but I may have that mixed up with the other one, or maybe it hasn't been modded out at all. Is that potentially a feasible change?

Unfortunately this isn't a bug I've figured out how to fix yet. So it's still best to use other corps when possible.

34 minutes ago, TechnoSarge said:

Pandakraut, if there is a way to extend the time messages are displayed, I'll put that on the wishlist. I am frequently frustrated by messages disappearing before I can get to them in a tense fight.

Maybe, will have to look into it. I think the messages don't time out if you pause?