Game-Labs Forum
pandakraut

UI and AI Customizations Mod V1.6

I mostly tried to just correct the tooltips, but in several cases doing so revealed that the unique bonuses a perk provided were not actually applied. This lead to a state where several perks were identical or outright worse versions of an equivalent perk. For perks with missing bonuses I modified  them so that the most relevant unique bonuses applied. 

To me, the only case where prior selections don't line up with the updated perks is the horse speed perk. Since move speed bonuses affect both mounted and dismounted troops there is no benefit to having a perk with only mounted speed. I decided to replace the bonus with accuracy so that there was an actual choice to be made at that level.

The Sharpshooter range bonus was actually always applying, the tooltip just didn't show it. I've switched over to always using that perk on my snipers now. The extra range seems to basically always be better than the extra stealth. 

Just to be sure: It looks like the stats for some weapons have been changed after certain patches (the 20pdr parrott for example). Are these changes applied to the UI and the spreadsheets you posted (maybe on another topic)?

1 hour ago, Taqtaq said:

Just to be sure: It looks like the stats for some weapons have been changed after certain patches (the 20pdr parrott for example). Are these changes applied to the UI and the spreadsheets you posted (maybe on another topic)?

The weapon stats should not have been changed at all in this mod. Can you provide details on what is different?

Edit: Do you mean that in 1.5 there were damage and accuracy stats and in 1.6 there is only a damage range? If that's the case I'm just combining those two stats to better show what the weapon actually does.

Edited by pandakraut

1 hour ago, Taqtaq said:

Sorry for not being precise. I mean the game's updates which were made by its developer, not the mod's updates.

These two patches for example:

https://steamcommunity.com/games/502520/announcements/detail/1448324254978223676

https://steamcommunity.com/games/502520/announcements/detail/1450577967150115057

The mod is up to date with the latest patch, 1.11. The earliest version I have played is 1.09 and the weapons have not changed since then.

6 hours ago, Quentry said:

Is there compability option with surrender mod?

Several of the UI and bug fix changes are already included in the surrender mod already.

You could install the surrender mod and then take the resources.assets file from this mod to get the perk changes, but that's the most that could be done without actually merging the code of the two mods.

Edited by pandakraut

9 hours ago, pandakraut said:

Several of the UI and bug fix changes are already included in the surrender mod already.

You could install the surrender mod and then take the resources.assets file from this mod to get the perk changes, but that's the most that could be done without actually merging the code of the two mods.

Thank you

• Like 1