Game-Labs Forum

UI and AI Customizations Mod V1.9.2

Yes, the gog version has the same files...I added the game to steam and then tried running it through the steam app, but that didn't work either.  I had to restore the original Assembly-CSharp.dll to get the game to run again.

I wonder if I delete the game and try to re-install through steam if that will work?  I'll have to see if that's even possible.

Thanks for taking a look!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

heya, I just deleted the mod folder then checked the integrity and replaced the mod files and then installed the 1.3 of this. After the first battle as confed my general leveled up to 2 stars instead of leveling up to 1 star

1 hour ago, madmatg said:

After the first battle as confed my general leveled up to 2 stars instead of leveling up to 1 star

What difficulty was this? That would be expected behavior if you are playing on MG or Legendary for this mod. 

I'm trying to keep any balance changes to an absolute minimum with this mod, so that's why you still get a MG here compared to in the rebalance mod. I think I have a solution for getting both perks selectable, just need to get around to implementing it.

• 5 weeks later...

Updated to 1.4:
- The player's starting general will now have all perks selectable after the initial battle.
- The player's idle skirmishers will now fire at units in range when hidden without a direct fire order.
- Implemented new damage degradation curves so that adding more men or cannon to a unit will always result in higher damage. 
- Added a configuration file at Ultimate General Civil War_Data/Mod/UIAICustomizations/ConfigFile.csv.
- Added config setting timerMultiplier. Decimal value can be updated to increase all in game timers. Defaults to no change.
- Added config setting endOfDayMultiplier. Decimal value can be updated to push back each battles hard end time. Defaults to no change.
- Added config setting replaceSizeDegradationCurves. Boolean value to enable the new damage curves. Defaults to enabled. 

The changes to damage degradation will result in larger artillery and skirmisher units doing significantly more damage. 
Since the intent of this mod is to provide quality of life improvements and fix minor bugs without changing game balance this change is able to be disabled.

The timer and end of day settings are intended for players who dislike how the game timers work. 
If you would like less pressure from the timers I would recommend a setting of timerMultipler, 1.3 and an endOfDayMultiplier of 1.1.
This will make defensive battles harder as it will take longer for reinforcements to arrive.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Express said:

Can you combine this with surrender mod? Surrender mod + UI MOD?

Which specific feature are you looking to be merged? Several of the UI features are already included in the Surrender mod or are implemented differently by that mod.

18 hours ago, pandakraut said:

Which specific feature are you looking to be merged? Several of the UI features are already included in the Surrender mod or are implemented differently by that mod.

Sorry for bad english, but I'll try to explain.

In surrender mod is no(have not) UI optimization, like this

- Weapon tooltips updated in camp and in battle to to display Accuracy high value. Simplified, the starting point of the damage calculation is a random value between Accuracy Low and Accuracy High * Weapon Damage.
- Weapon tooltips updated to display collateral radius and ammunition cost.
- Weapon range arc color changed to white to increase visibility.
- Artillery range arcs will now display canister and shell shot ranges.
- Artillery descriptions updated with some context on how effective cannons are at various ranges to provide insight into how the damageDegradation curve affects the base stats.
- Weapon tooltips updated to show actual weapon range for rifles. The better the rifle the more effective it is at longer ranges with the exception of repeating rifles which are more effective at medium ranges. For more details see http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26142-hidden-mechanics-and-weapon-damage-degradation/

It will be nice to add this UI optimizations to Surrender Mod.

3 hours ago, Express said:

- Weapon tooltips updated in camp and in battle to to display Accuracy high value. Simplified, the starting point of the damage calculation is a random value between Accuracy Low and Accuracy High * Weapon Damage.
- Weapon tooltips updated to display collateral radius and ammunition cost.
- Weapon range arc color changed to white to increase visibility.
- Artillery range arcs will now display canister and shell shot ranges.
- Artillery descriptions updated with some context on how effective cannons are at various ranges to provide insight into how the damageDegradation curve affects the base stats.
- Weapon tooltips updated to show actual weapon range for rifles. The better the rifle the more effective it is at longer ranges with the exception of repeating rifles which are more effective at medium ranges. For more details see http://forum.game-labs.net/topic/26142-hidden-mechanics-and-weapon-damage-degradation/

It will be nice to add this UI optimizations to Surrender Mod.

I'll talk with WVPM those changes don't conflict so adding them should be possible.

• 1 month later...

Hi

Are there plans to make a gog-compatible version of UI mod 1.4? The new added features look great. The current version through gog is 1.11 (it's the same as on steam I believe), but trying to use the newest mod version still redirects to the UGCW steam page.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, micromikko said:

Hi

Are there plans to make a gog-compatible version of UI mod 1.4? The new added features look great. The current version through gog is 1.11 (it's the same as on steam I believe), but trying to use the newest mod version still redirects to the UGCW steam page.

I think I know what the problem with using the steam dll is now. I'll post a test version later today and hopefully that will work with GoG.

• Like 1

Can you please check on the code for dismounted cavalry:

1 They seem to use stamina just being in contact (i.e. in weapon range) of the enemy. Dismounted cav with rifles seem to lose stamina while reloading, if they are in range of the enemy, while falling back to reload seems to not reduce stamina.

2 They don't seem to have the 'fall back from opposing infantry' AI that skirmishers do, instead standing and fighting like normal infantry.

5 hours ago, Crusher Bob said:

Can you please check on the code for dismounted cavalry:

Dismounted cavalry are basically just skirmisher entities.

5 hours ago, Crusher Bob said:

1 They seem to use stamina just being in contact (i.e. in weapon range) of the enemy. Dismounted cav with rifles seem to lose stamina while reloading, if they are in range of the enemy, while falling back to reload seems to not reduce stamina.

All units drain stamina while reloading. Units that are falling back reload slower than normal. I would expect units to lose stamina faster while falling back and reloading, but maybe the slower reload time balances out?

6 hours ago, Crusher Bob said:

2 They don't seem to have the 'fall back from opposing infantry' AI that skirmishers do, instead standing and fighting like normal infantry.

Dismounted cav definitely will retreat after firing like skirmishers do. Supply Raid would be much less micro if they didn't. What weapons were you using? What sort of unit were you engaging? Were you using direct attack orders or moving the unit into range? Any use of hold or spacebar? There may be a specific case where they don't immediately fall back but in general they should be.

I got frustrated with the inability of skirmishers to run down supply wagons, so copied the 'hunter' rifles into the C&B cavalry weapons and. Then discovered that cavalry won't dismount if the weapon they are equipped with has a melee over 80. So reduced the melee to 80 and took them to first bull run (as Confederates). The cavalry as dismounted and positioned north of the main defensive position to fire down into troops crossing the bridge.

The cavalry quickly became exhausted, and some experimentation had them losing stamina (quickly) just standing and shooting dismounted. The stamina loss doesn't seem to happen when they are mounted, but getting them to stand and reload within (their) range of the enemy while mounted is difficult. I didn't use dismounted cav with other weapons, so it's also possible it's the weapons fault.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Crusher Bob said:

got frustrated with the inability of skirmishers to run down supply wagons, so copied the 'hunter' rifles into the C&B cavalry weapons and. Then discovered that cavalry won't dismount if the weapon they are equipped with has a melee over 80. So reduced the melee to 80 and took them to first bull run (as Confederates). The cavalry as dismounted and positioned north of the main defensive position to fire down into troops crossing the bridge.

The 80 melee preventing dismounting explains a few things that we ran into a while ago. The skirmish ai logic depends on the weapon range vs the opponent weapon range. So if you have longer ranged weapons equipped the skirmish logic usually doesn't activate. I've experimented with changing it in the past but it basically just results in units either always or never running when you give an attack order.

18 minutes ago, Crusher Bob said:

The cavalry quickly became exhausted, and some experimentation had them losing stamina (quickly) just standing and shooting dismounted. The stamina loss doesn't seem to happen when they are mounted, but getting them to stand and reload within (their) range of the enemy while mounted is difficult. I didn't use dismounted cav with other weapons, so it's also possible it's the weapons fault.

Cavalry stamina regen is significantly higher than skirmishers. Cavalry also loses stamina when firing rather than regaining it like skirmishers. If the dismounted cav fatigue properties don't get updated on the dismount then dismounted cav would lose stamina faster than normal skirmishers though their regen would be much higher. Would have to look into this more to get more details.

On a side note, I'm very confused by how giving cavalry hunter rifles solves the chasing down supply wagons issue. Are you just shooting them outside of their retreat range with the rifles? Couldn't you just stay mounted and catch them that way?

Mostly, I wanted skirmishers that could go fast enough to chase down supply wagons. I (at the time) didn't know how to change unit skill to mod speed, so just wanted skirmishers that could get up on horses and chase things. The intention was to just use them as regular marksmen, who occasionally mounted up to chase things down. Mounted, the very long reload rate of the hunting rifles makes them horrid as skimisher cavalry, but I never intended to shoot as cavalry, so didn't care much.

They probably wouldn't be workable as marksmen with more limited availabiliy rifles, as they tend to take 5-10% casualties when I use them. The apparent lack of auto retreating, and their great vulnerability to fire when mounted means that I couldn't keep them supplied with whitworths or whitworth (TS). And the near invulnerability of cannons to melee means they aren't great at charging the guns, either. You can get them into melee with cannons easily enough, but the cavalry will often become exhausted while trying to melee the cannons. If the guns have already take a lot of losses from counter-battery fire, then the cavalry can be used to shatter them. And I don't think the ability to capture a few thousand dollars in supply of many missions makes up for their increased cost, increased casualties, and stamina loss.

13 hours ago, statesrights said:

I extracted this zip folder into the data directory, now my game won't even open off of GOG.  WTF!?  How can I get back to playing?

You can always return to the base game by choosing to verify game files. GoG is going to need it's own version of the mod but I have not had time to get this completely updated yet. However there is a test version available that should work for you.

If you download the zip file in the link below and extract it to the Ultimate General Civil War_data/Managed folder it should prompt you to overwrite assembly-csharp.dll. With that version of the dll the mod should work on GoG.

On 10/1/2018 at 11:29 PM, pandakraut said:

@micromikko can you try replacing the assembly-csharp.dll you installed with the mod with the one attached below? 

UICustomizationsGoGTest.zip