Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
JonnyH13

J & P Rebalance Mod by JonnyH13 and Pandakraut 8/31/18

Recommended Posts

My favorite preference would be as you posted above, to have a controllable separate unit just like the Corps Commander. If this isn't possible, can his picture be shown on the Army Icon Bar at the bottom of the screen when you click on the Division Line or bar? If you can make or create a separate unit representing the Divisions Commanders can you make more than one supply Wagon?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The game has never informed you that the officer casualty you're receiving notice of is a Division commander.  IMO, Division commanders are almost a waste in Ultimate General. You're penalized on Efficiency on brigades if he isn't ranked high enough, but he doesn't appear on the battlefield, has no perks, doesn't gain XP at anything like the rate the brigade commanders do, and is still subject to being shot.

(edit) Gosh! If they do make another Ultimate General game, I HOPE they read some of the commentary in these fora and learn what their customers think works and what doesn't work!

Edited by TechnoSarge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lt. Gen. James Longstreet said:

My favorite preference would be as you posted above, to have a controllable separate unit just like the Corps Commander. If this isn't possible, can his picture be shown on the Army Icon Bar at the bottom of the screen when you click on the Division Line or bar? If you can make or create a separate unit representing the Divisions Commanders can you make more than one supply Wagon?

The closest I think I could get would involve copying the corps commander and renaming him. Same with the supply wagons. Would have to think about possible side effects and benefits to doing anything like that though. Adding new elements into the UI is beyond me at the moment.

1 hour ago, TechnoSarge said:

The game has never informed you that the officer casualty you're receiving notice of is a Division commander.  IMO, Division commanders are almost a waste in Ultimate General. You're penalized on Efficiency on brigades if he isn't ranked high enough, but he doesn't appear on the battlefield, has no perks, doesn't gain XP at anything like the rate the brigade commanders do, and is still subject to being shot.

I might be able to change the message text to indicate it was a division commander. Likely issue is how many characters are displayable, will look into it.

Division commanders gain xp based on a percentage of all of the units they command. So if you put them in charge of several units likely to do very well you can speed it up a bit. Honestly in the mod I largely ignore them though, it's worth more to have the better officers doing other things until fairly late in the campaign. 

I have a long term project to try and make all officers a little more interesting, but my last attempt failed rather spectacularly so it's on hold at the moment. Will see if I ever get it working.

Edited by pandakraut
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoying your mod!!

As a fellow modder I appreciate the effort that has been put it. You guys are killin it. As usual, vanilla is uplayable now XD

 

As Napoleonics is my fave, and I here thats up next for Darth I hope you take that on as well :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys, i started a new game with the latest version of the mod, and notice that my units move extremely slow, including my cavalry units. Is this normal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, i64man said:

Guys, i started a new game with the latest version of the mod, and notice that my units move extremely slow, including my cavalry units. Is this normal?

Probably, depending on what the last version that you played was. We reduced the base game speed a while back so the default speed is a little less than half as fast as the base game. A lot of the speed perks got reduced as well. Making frequent use of the fast forward and double fast forward buttons helps until you get more used to it.

The gamespeed can also be changed in the configuration files Mod/Rebalance/ConfigFile if you try it out and don't care for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×